Leo Gura

Spiral Dynamics Stage Yellow Examples Mega-Thread

1,196 posts in this topic

David Shaw talks about combining two totally separate things in order to come up with research and outcomes. Talks about how scientist need to use more of their Right Brain so that they can use more of their creativity and artistic capabilities not just their logic (left brain).

Here is a great example of a Yellow CEO in Holland. Realizes that a lot of companies are not sustainable with regards to energy, finance, healthcare, etc. and so develops a Stage Yellow Company. He is not saying "companies should be more like this" or "I wish more companies would care more about people" (green) he is being the change by implementing systemic principles to think with long term sustainability in mind. 

Crappy Green vs. Yellow 

Some may argue that Milton Friedman is orange, but notice how he thinks systematically.

Edited by Gabriel Antonio

1 hour ago, Gabriel Antonio said:

Crappy Green vs. Yellow 

Some may argue that Milton Friedman is orange, but notice how he thinks systematically.

@Gabriel Antonio Milton Friedman doesn't see that the balance leans heavily on investment. The rich invest money into things, but the rest are increasingly losing money. Soon, the middle class will collapse via automation, and the poor will not have enough money to pay for products that the rich sell. The economy is losing balance.

There should be a good dynamic balance between investment and spending.

AIs will kill most jobs in this century.

Edited by CreamCat

Haven't posted for a while but had to share these two, as they are so blinking obvious and thought you guys would love, particularly Ken Robinson's ideas. 

Here are two classic yellow examples..........

Sir Ken Robinson who has begun the change the in the education system that we were very much need! And of course, Louis Theroux

On 8/18/2018 at 6:26 AM, petar8p said:

This seems like orange to me. The intention is personal development to attain personal goals.

If we say Eckhart is yellow it could be because of this talk :)

On 21/07/2018 at 10:25 PM, Brittany said:

Scandals that resulted in people moving from Orange to Yellow:

Julien Blanc

Julien is a RSD pick-up-artist who had a huge scandal. After his scandal, he released a great yellow/turquoise video below called "What is happiness?".

Michelle Phan

Again, another person had a scandal and became yellow. Michelle Phan quit youtube and went on the sage path for a while.

This is her last video on youtube- which was quite yellow and shows her journey towards truth.

Quote from her video: "It wasn't happiness I was looking for, it was the truth".

I haven't been watching last Julien Blanc's videos, but he has approached some stuff related to spiritual enlightenment after the media scandal. I still think he has some shades of Orange.

He needs to create a new course by the way. Transformation Mastery is getting a bit old and it would be awesome to have some of his new insights in a course pack.

I don't know if it's just me, but I think a lot of people especially when they were younger had small inklings of yellow that they slowly lose... I'm fairly green moving into yellow-type thinking and this really speaks to me as great example of what I feel like I've known all along but I've been distracting myself with other things, when I was in the orange stage a time ago. In green you tend think you're 'better than the others' because you are more empathetic but I can't turn my eyes away from this yellow perspective of the world, where you realise the limitations of even your sacred green ways of thinking and truly understand why other people believe so strongly things that used to seem, to you, "wrong" or "false".

This poetry jam threw me for a loop. I'm much more familiar with literal expression than poetic expression. This performance seems higher up than Orange or Green, yet I can't quite put my finger on it. Perhaps Yellow based on it's nonlinear dynamics? Or is it just a bunch of poetic nonsense?