Leo Gura

Spiral Dynamics Stage Yellow Examples Mega-Thread

1,197 posts in this topic

I was thinking about a couple of examples of stage Yellow technology/science, that are both pretty cutting edge right now:

Deep learning/neural nets are an example of Stage Yellow/Tier 2 technology because they take a synthetic approach to solving problems, rather than a reductive approach like in most computer programming paradigms and even earlier iterations of artificial intelligence. When you try to disassemble a neural net to reductively understand how it comes to decisions, it becomes less and less meaningful. Neural nets are modelled or inspired by a very simplified version of how we think biological brains work, so of course a real brain is also very Stage Yellow. 

The study of the gut microbiome is a Yellow field of study because it tends to be less meaningful to look at any one species than when you look at the interactions between all the flora as a whole, and the host animal. This is true for all kinds of other ecological systems too. 

Not new or cutting edge really, but another tech example is a hologram. The image in a hologram isn't "stored" in any one place. When you cut a hologram in half, you get two smaller copies of the same image rather than two half-images. The information is encoded holistically.

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

I didn't agree with Leo at first when he said Obama is yellow. He really isn't, think about the wars he started, the drone strikes, NSA surveillance, the promises he never kept, which all suggest he's your normal orange run-of-the-mill politician). He also supported identity politics during and near the end of his second term, which hints that he may have been transitioning into green (he also may have been somewhat green from the start considering his, albeit not adequate, support for the environment, healthcare and denuclearization). But I still couldn't see how he was yellow.

That's until now. I just saw this clip of him yesterday that suggests even though he may not have been yellow all along, he is now hopefully transitioning into yellow and that makes me happy (remember, this is a totally new thing that everyone's shocked by, he never said stuff like this before the election when he so desperately wanted Clinton to win, not a yellow attitude):

Also, for those who think Jordan Peterson is orange:

Edited by confused people

e4f19921d3a167693e0cd79d557ada90.jpg

If Medivh knew about SDi, he would have shifted into turquoise instead of bringing the Orcs into Azeroth, heh ? ^_^

Edited by Xenomorf

yellow transitioning to turquoise hip hop

On 08/07/2018 at 0:13 AM, Leo Gura said:

• Nuance & complexity

Yellow in a nutshell.

"The best result will come when everyone in the group does what's best for themselves and the group"

Edited by QandC

- Enter your fear and you are free -

Scandals that resulted in people moving from Orange to Yellow:

Julien Blanc

Julien is a RSD pick-up-artist who had a huge scandal. After his scandal, he released a great yellow/turquoise video below called "What is happiness?".

Michelle Phan

Again, another person had a scandal and became yellow. Michelle Phan quit youtube and went on the sage path for a while.

This is her last video on youtube- which was quite yellow and shows her journey towards truth.

Quote from her video: "It wasn't happiness I was looking for, it was the truth".

Edited by Brittany

Jeff Salzman has a podcast called Daily Evolver that is a Stage Yellow Podcast for those that are interested. 

Dr. Keith Witt is a great example of Yellow, knocking on Turquoise's Door.