Leo Gura

Spiral Dynamics Stage Yellow Examples Mega-Thread

1,196 posts in this topic

Stage yellow trying to speak to lower stages

The road to God is paved with bliss.

23 hours ago, Equanimitize said:

There is some Green and Orange ideals sprinkled in some of these people/channel, but it seems like to me they are very Yellow.

Thanks!

Jeff Bezos? Yellow implies integration of Green. That's not Jeff Bezos.

And Ray Kurzweil seems to be obsessed with living forever. Systems thinking? Sure, the guy is very intelligent, but it's all in self-interest judging from what I have heard of him so far (of course, I have not heard every word he every spoke).

Edited by mostly harmless

@mostly harmless Fair enough, not sure whether he’s a sociopath or not. I don’t know the intricacies of the bill that he was trying to to shut down. Just because he was against a bill doesn’t make him a bad person. What happens if that bill that the government was trying to pass would actually perpetuate the very problem they’re trying to get rid of. Which the government tends to do frequently. 

Jeff Bezos is without a doubt a systemic thinker. He is known to attend the Burning Man festival, from what I understand he uses Amazon to fund Blue Origin which is looking down the road 5-10 generations from now. He also welcomes critics to his company as he says it is crazy for such a big company not to be kept in check. Again, I don’t know his level of consciousness, and whether he has fully integrated green or not. Just that he’s a systemic thinker and has many traces of yellow. 

From what I understand about stage Yellow is that they really do care about humanity and their fellow Man just from a detached point of view, they are able to see systemic problems and multilayered issues and try to fix them or at least view them as complicated organisms. 

Ray Kurzweil has something like an 85% accuracy rate on technological predictions of the future. He’s definitely a systems thinker, and is trying to improve humanity via technology. I don’t know the inner workings of his psyche and his level of consciousness, but he definitely has stage yellow traces and I believe is a good example of a stage yellow thinker.

Thanks for your comments, I appreciate the dialogue with you!

@Equanimitize no, i wasnt reffering to you, i didnt watch your videos yet, i was referring to the ones people posted in the first few pages. Especially that weird bio-shock antagonist looking political polish dude haha if hes stage yellow then im the president of russia :P

i was debating whether i should post teal swan on here but i think shes more stage green, although she shows slight signs of yellow

8 minutes ago, moon777light said:

i was debating whether i should post teal swan on here but i think shes more stage green, although she shows slight signs of yellow

I posted her in the Green thread. I do think she as a person is beyond green, but her teaching seems to target green people. 

@moon777light No problem! Thanks for the reply! I think Teal Swan definitely has stage Yellow aspects as she is extremely deep at analyzing problems and issues especially pertaining to human development. She talks about being fully integrated, etc. I am sure she sees the inner workings of people and societies deeply. 

From what I understand the idea is to transcend and include, so technically speaking you would still use aspects of green, orange, and even red at times to become more holistic and integrated and sort of build layers so you can understand through a birds eye view the workings of societies and individuals (which I believe is stage yellow). 

Eric Weinstein
Most of his deeper and more insightful ideas have been expressed in long podcasts and panel discussions. These are some short videos that are good nonetheless:

Jonathan Blow

Again, he has given a lot of talks and has been interviewed a lot. These are just some of the short clips of him that contain pretty great insight themselves (by the way, the game he has made is about non-dualism among other things, so check that out too if you can):

Bret Weinstein

Eric's brother, he's an evolutionary biologist and a great systems thinker (just random videos I took from his channel, which has videos that are all good):

Scott Adams

Definitely yellow (the video doesn't even remotely capture all he's got to say, he talks about this long almost every day):

Heather Heying

Bret Weinstein's wife, also an evolutionary biologist (I don't think this video is fully representative and I myself don't fully agree with some of her points here, but it's one of the short ones):

David Chalmers:

Shane Carruth:

Thomas Sowell:

Don Hoffman:

Some of these people aren't fully yellow (most are really yellow in one dimension and green or maybe even orange in others).

Other people worth mentioning that are to varying degrees yellow (in most cases I just couldn't find videos of them that really fit the description of yellow, whatever that is; also, this has already become a gigantic post): Eliezer Yudkowsky, Nick Bostrom, Robin Hanson, Julia Galef, Diana Fleischman, Geoffry Miller, Bryan Caplan, Claire Lehman, Aubrey de Grey, Nassim Nicholas Taleb, Gad Saad, Ted Chiang, Alan Kay, Ted Nelson, Bret Victor

Edited by confused people

5 hours ago, moon777light said:

Teal may very well be turquoise, it's hard to tell. I seems she is focused helping green transcend up to yellow and then turquoise. Her content seems to be pretty yellow if you ask me, usually swaying from green/yellow to yellow/turquoise.

Does anyone have any examples of a stage Yellow U.S. Politician (Other then Obama)? 

15 hours ago, stevegan928 said:

I seems she is focused helping green transcend up to yellow and then turquoise.

very well said!

Yo, this guy is yellow as fuck, you might wanna check him out! 

Sadhguru is yellow, if you're watching a lot of his videos you will understand why, most of his speeches are repetitive.

Proof that the culture is shifting toward yellow (at least in the US/anglophone countries)? I for one am optimistic.

P.S.: I know both Sam Harris and Jordan Peterson have arguably a lot of orange green in them. But this is a conversation between two people with opposing views who try not to attack each other and understand the opposing side's arguments as best as they can and work toward finding a common ground. A discussion where listeners don't pick sides and are more interested in the intellectual aspects. You'd have to accept that such an event is greatly characterized by yellow. It has very little green in it, maybe some orange, but there must be something other than pure personality cults drawing so many people in (even if that's not true, this could rather be a "come for orange, stay for yellow" situation, as both Harris and Peterson are more interested in the ideas than their personal benefit).

Also, this is by far not the only example, more and more people are listening to long-form media everyday where deep ideas are discussed (Joe Rogan's podcast, Sam Harris's podcast, Leo's videos, Dave Rubin's show, audiobooks).

Kubrick and the film 2001

In your stage yellow video you describe what a "yellow" person might be like and that closely resembles Stanley Kubrick

- He is an individualist, preferring to have total control over his work, sometimes not getting along with others

- He never seeks attention and never appears in public

- His films (especially ones in his mid to late career) have very ambiguous messages, with no obvious ideology

- He is very mechanical in the way he directs: others may say he is "cold" or "mechanical"

- He would research extensively, reading many books when working on a film

- He isn't afraid to be a bit manipulative and rational if necessary

- But he isn't a misanthrope or a nihilist at all

(btw: screenprism is amazing for researching deeper meanings in movies: every one of their videos is quality)

I realize this film may have a lot of "turquoise", but two reasons why I think it qualifies for "yellow"

- we are made aware that science and technology is just a phase in human evolution: unless we evolve into the next stage, all the technological advancement in the world won't change the fact that we are just more evolved versions of the chimps at the start of the film

- it uses the concept of eternal recurrence: i think there are several infinite loops in the film, but the most significant one is Dave's regression into old age and death and then rebirth into something more evolved. As mentioned in the video, after destroying what man had created himself, we will be forced into a period of self reflection before we can be reborn into a more intelligent form.

For all the gamers out there:D Surely it's not the whole channel that is yellow, but I find that especially this guy who does the commentary on this (and many other videos) has a highly impartial and yellow-like mindset.

Hey, what's up! This is Jack R. Hayes, I'm an author, currently living in Germany. Thus far, I've written two books, both in English and German; one's called "User's Manual for Human Beings", and the other one's called "The Wisdom Espresso". If you'd like to check out my work, visit me at  https://jackrhayes.de  or go to Amazon and search for my name. I'd be happy to see you there!

Elliot Alderson. [ Solving world problems with systems thinking ]

Edited by Xenomorf
Add name of the character

yellow with some personal issues

Edited by Xenomorf