Leo Gura

Spiral Dynamics Stage Yellow Examples Mega-Thread

1,196 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, Till said:

To reach such a high stage of development in your psyche is exceptionally difficult especially for a celebrity. When everyone is regularly touching your shoulders and telling you, that you are the greatest, that does not favor your growth.

Exactly for that reason Marcus Aurelius is such an extraordinary figure in history and a perfect example of a yellow type of person if you ask me. He had absolute power and questioned his actions every day. I am convinced Epictetus had a huge influence on him in his early years. 

I have not studied him enough to develop a satisfying enough feeling that I know the extent of his yellow, I also sense blue. 

Such as the quote

"You are a slave, you have no voice"

No context given, just the that quote and I remember him having a tug of war dialogue with himself about whether gods exist, and in the end of the dialogue deciding that they do exist and they care for mankind.

Whether he means this in a dogmatic way or in a way. I do not know.

A fascinating person. If I were to study him further I think I would like it and derive more benefit.

Edited by Lorcan

Unschooling, I think, is a great example of stage yellow. So is John Holt, the originator of unschooling and Sandra Dodd, one of the pioneers of unschooling. Leo, I don't know if you are familiar with the principles of unschooling.  I hadn't heard of it before I had my son (he's 15 and has been unshcooled since age 7). 

https://www.johnholtgws.com/

5 hours ago, Till said:

As a person who regularly uses a private jet to fly to different continents, even for a few hour appereance, presenting this speech is even counterproductive.

Flying a private jet does not preclude one from being Yellow.

You really expect a huge celebrity like Di Caprio to fly public? He would be hounded by fanboys all day long. A guy like that needs body guards around him. You're talking about one of the most famous people in the whole world.

With all that said, Di Caprio seems more Orange/Green to me.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:
6 hours ago, Till said:

Flying a private jet does not preclude one from being Yellow.

I'm pretty yellow and I love Aviation. I'd have a private jet and a helicopter not for luxury but, just to marvel at what the world looks like at that height with no babies or people making noise in the background. That would be awesome to me. Not to mention I really enjoy gadgets so learning to fly would be awesome. In fact I'd create a Jelicopter a Jet and helicopter combination that can fly in the air and it would be so awesome that other aircraft could land on it as well and fly from it as well. Thinking about all this aviation stuff makes me all giddy and happy inside. Anyway just liked to share that insight I wouldn't have the Jet and Helicopter just to show it off for material purposes I'd have it for the awesome functions they can perform and the new perspective they could give me. In fact I wrote a blog post about it http://bakshandehariel.wixsite.com/website/single-post/2017/02/20/Me-and-Money 

Fritjof Capra is quintessential Yellow, starting to turn Turquoise. A brilliant systems thinker:

Paul Feyerabend was a very important Yellow thinker in epistemology and philosophy of science:

Brilliant integral thinker:

Not sure whether Hoftstadter qualifies as solid Yellow. He's still trapped in materialism, but he's a great example of post-rational thinking.

So close yet so far...

Could the policemen's handling of the aggressive drunk person here be yellow? I feel they interact with this person without disrespect. When they laugh, they apologise and explain that he's acting funny.

Not sure though a bit contravertiol charachter(not the actor)... as most yelow are, hard to tell on which side their on.GoodBadUgly_140Pyxurz.jpg

Edited by Shu