Leo Gura

Spiral Dynamics Stage Yellow Examples Mega-Thread

1,196 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, waking_dreams said:

Reggie Watts' comedy can be stage Yellow.

yes! great dude

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Here's what a Yellow wedding looks like:

Fuck I kinda wanna marry Eben now. 

@Etherial Cat I would put Marcus Aurelius at Blue.

You have to understand that stages Green, Yellow, Turquoise basically did not exist 200+ years ago. At least that's according to the Spiral Dynamics model.

People from 2000 years ago lived in a radically different reality and culture. They were not like us today minus smartphones and cars.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

A pick up coach who is in stage yellow, believe it or not.

This dude used to be a monk, martial artist and musician. Then got into seduction when he was 26. Really really fascinating character:

39 minutes ago, Etherial Cat said:

Whaaaat? And it is the same for Turquoise Stage? Buddha and Jesus are not making the cut there either :ph34r:...

I'm gonna have to actually listen to the audiobook from Don Beck that I bought last week-end. lol

That's right.

Although it's complicated. You have to understand that mystics and enlightened people tend to reside outside Spiral the entirely.

Nonduality cannot be mapped. Nonduality is not a stage you reach. Nonduality is Absolute.

Never forget that Spiral Dynamics is just a model, and it is not designed to model mysticism, altered states of consciousness, or nonduality.

If you want a model of levels of nonduality, Ramaji's LOC system is better suited to that. Although, still, it's just a model and will not address every facet.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

This is one yellow-ass video right here :)

Also, check out Leo's and Sam Harris's videos on free will.

9 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@Etherial Cat I would put Marcus Aurelius at Blue.

You have to understand that stages Green, Yellow, Turquoise basically did not exist 200+ years ago. At least that's according to the Spiral Dynamics model.

People from 2000 years ago lived in a radically different reality and culture. They were not like us today minus smartphones and cars.

Why is that? What was so special in the last 200 years? Surely ‘modern western culture’ is not needed for reaching green and yellow?

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

This is a yellow wake up call to green. "So pull yr head on out yr hippy haze n give a listen...shouldnt have to say it all again!" 

We have a dying world and instead of the narrator simply blaming exterior causes as green does...it goes deeper n turns the focus within...the guilty is us. We are Not removed n outside just watching the world die. We are the world and were hiding from our lower nature of standing back from pain. Feeling relief deep down its not us smeared across the screen or phone. We cant admit it. This song is a tellin off to green. Come down a minute...yr not the messiah...yr a very naughty boy! Wake up. The me me me generation failed. Green cant do it alone just by imagining! Strang days indeed. 

Richard Branson:

Simon Sinek:

Christopher Nolan:

Leonardo Dicaprio:

Jim Carrey:

Russell Brand:

On 08/07/2018 at 0:55 PM, Zweistein said:

You can find the whole movie on YouTube actually! 

Yes Soc is a yellow teacher to Dan. A great yellow guru.

15 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

That's right.

Although it's complicated. You have to understand that mystics and enlightened people tend to reside outside Spiral the entirely.

Nonduality cannot be mapped. Nonduality is not a stage you reach. Nonduality is Absolute.

Never forget that Spiral Dynamics is just a model, and it is not designed to model mysticism, altered states of consciousness, or nonduality.

If you want a model of levels of nonduality, Ramaji's LOC system is better suited to that. Although, still, it's just a model and will not address every facet.

Levels of non-duality sounds way off to me.  If Enlightenment is what you want, forget about levels of Enlightenment.  That’s a huge trap. I can’t believe there is such a teaching.  Oy!

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Stage yellow when embodied by a chef...

I never even dreamed of being a chef, and this is fundamental. - Ferran Adria

There is not a good or a bad cuisine, just the one you like the best.  - Ferran Adria

Risk is to do something that 99 percent of the time would be a failure. - Ferran Adria

You need an entire life just to know about tomatoes. - Ferran Adria

What do you think of this guy?

Glory to Israel

This is a good Example of Yellow very Macedonian 

that is my clarinet teacher Aleksander from Macedonia, he comes to Australia to teach me balkan clarinet very year. hes a true master on the clarinet opaa!

5003.JPG

that's my teacher Aleksander Trajkovski

Edited by Aaron k

Leonardo di Caprio mentioned in one of the videos above is the perfect example of someone who is for sure not a stage yellow type of person.

As a person who regularly uses a private jet to fly to different continents, even for a few hour appereance, presenting this speech is even counterproductive. Also his whole appereance here and elsewhere reflects no yellow values at all. 

I have read only half of his book. I sense stage blue, and stage yellow. I am likely wrong, or wrong that I am likely wrong. I do not know. That is how I perceive him with my perceptions on what stage blue and yellow are which I would think are not fully accurate if even half accurate. I do not know.

I like him.

Edited by Lorcan

To reach such a high stage of development in your psyche is exceptionally difficult especially for a celebrity. When everyone is regularly touching your shoulders and telling you, that you are the greatest, that does not favor your growth.

Exactly for that reason Marcus Aurelius is such an extraordinary figure in history and a perfect example of a yellow type of person if you ask me. He had absolute power and questioned his actions every day. I am convinced Epictetus had a huge influence on him in his early years.