Leo Gura

Spiral Dynamics Stage Yellow Examples Mega-Thread

1,196 posts in this topic

On 7/8/2018 at 11:04 AM, legendary said:

Reality is a Strange Loop ;)

Oh! Maan! Damn it! Someone did this before me!! I've just seen this! Awh I felt so defeated! (--- no no no... I'm not competitive... at all..:P-----)

Sigh.. Ok whatever. I was gonna reply @Key Elements anyways..

9 hours ago, Key Elements said:

Great painting of Belle and her cousin. What I noticed in the movie was, no one wanted to marry Belle's cousin in the end, so Belle supported her cousin's arranged marriage by giving her dowry. UK had arranged marriages at the time. The point to this is, just because someone's marriage is arranged, doesn't mean it's at stage blue, and it doesn't mean it stays at stage blue. Arranged marriages are more nuanced than that. Nowadays, most ppl are not familiar with it. When ppl hear about arranged marriages, they may just pass it off as stage blue marriage and don't give it a second thought as to what happens when it's not stage blue.

I was gonna say that in most of the cases the stages are already about where the consciousness level is rather than how the situation looks or free from the manifestations in display.

As if, take the example of committing suicide. If you look at the same act from turquoise stage it is a complete different story versus where everything turns into offense whenever what guru says is completely misunderstood because of the mismatch of the consciousness levels of the related parties. History is full of examples of what the enlightened beings are through while trying to awaken the society.

9 minutes ago, martin_malin said:

@Sevi May God have mercy on your orange soul! REPENT. 

Ahahah! NO! I'm gonna transcend this stage deservedly.. (Ahahah!! do you see the ambition?!!.. My burning desire! Ahahah) and also while the context of the competition in this case includes Leo.. well no way I'm giving up? stakes are too high you know:P

P.S I cannot believe myself that I'm doing this in the yellow stage thread:) ( but see, there is this a bit of a self-awareness happening herexD does it count?? :)) )

49 minutes ago, Sevi said:

Sigh.. Ok whatever. I was gonna reply @Key Elements anyways..

I was gonna say that in most of the cases the stages are already about where the consciousness level is rather than how the situation looks or free from the manifestations in display.

As if, take the example of committing suicide. If you look at the same act from turquoise stage it is a complete different story versus where everything turns into offense whenever what guru says is completely misunderstood because of the mismatch of the consciousness levels of the related parties. History is full of examples of what the enlightened beings are through while trying to awaken the society.

One thing though, it's your choice to go for it or not. Belle's cousin went for it. She had the choice not to. Her family isn't dysfunctional and forcing her, so it is possible to get a good one through that method. If her family was dysfunctional, then I would "sigh."

I have met a girl in real life, who asked for an arranged marriage from her mom and dad because she got along with them very well. Her mom was surprised that she wanted that. Her reason is because her parents had more experience in life and relationships. So far, she's been married for 10 yrs with two kids. Her husband isn't dogmatic. Her case isn't unique. 

(All in all, you're free to have your own opinions on this.)

@Key Elements oh! No no.. My 'sigh' was for my own joke which was in my previous post, I was making fun of myself.. Nothing related to what you've said, I'm sorry for the confusion..

Actually I was agreeing with you, and also I highly respect some of the principles blue stage brings; it's the wisdom of dharma. An arranged marriage can perfectly be a consciously chosen option. In most of the cases if we look at the stage blue societies, they are healthier than lost broken individuals' gatherings, since they have the natural tendency to value community; the point is all about our capability of producing the delicate organic balance between the individualistic major need for freedom and the vital urge for belonging and safety. 

Sorry again for the misunderstanding!

Edited by Sevi

Buddhism is actually kind of yellow even though it's a religion. 

@Leo Gura What about Martin Luther King? I thought he would’ve been a stage yellow guy.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

Here's what a Yellow wedding looks like:

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

43 minutes ago, How to be wise said:

@Leo Gura What about Martin Luther King? I thought he would’ve been a stage yellow guy.

He seems more Blue/Green to me. I don't know that much about him though.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Karlos Totally forgot about Ben Smythe! Definitely a great example of Yellow, possibly moving into Turquoise (I think he's had some sort of awakening, not sure though). 

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Here's what a Yellow wedding looks like:

goddamn. This is some next level shit

Some people here seem to be confusing yellow with turquoise, and sometimes even first-tier levels.

That said, I am still integrating yellow, and it's really hard to find a single video-example of yellow, since it's such a diverse and multifaceted way of thinking. 

I really like the way David Foster Wallace goes meta and used to have the knowledge that he was not "the voice in his head".

Here is one great video: