Leo Gura

Spiral Dynamics Stage Yellow Examples Mega-Thread

1,196 posts in this topic

No Packard yet ?

"If you immediately know the candle-light is fire then the meal was cooked along time ago"

Paul Chek, a holistic health & fitness coach, I believe is a good example of someone in yellow.

I've just finished reading Mark Manson's book, and I think it's like a textbook for the yellow way to make values and meaning. He's stressing how everyone is choosing their values themselves. It's hard to find a yellow video because he's marketing to orange people (see bellow), but here's his blogpost on self-awareness , which seems quite yellow to me. 

Manson (to me) seems like yellow with some remnants of orange and kinda skipping green (though I'm sure that he's lived a lot of cultural relativism while traveling). He mentions a lot of examples in his writing of how he used to be stage orange and how he's transcended that kind of thinking, but does not write much about green. I wonder about that - is he like a yellow intellectual with some other pats of his psyche stuck in the orange-green place, or is that just the chameleon thing? 

9 hours ago, molosku said:

Random question not worthy of its own thread. 

I see the importance of not trying to rush or skip stages. I find evaluating myself as any color difficult, but I can say that I see the limitations of green quite brightly, even though I cant say I have transitioned "trough" it as a "phase". 

I deeply resonate with the idea of "seeing reality as it is, not as I think it is", which could be one way to summarize yellow in one sentence. I have some green ideals, but I'm not passionate about them in a way that would make me join a protest or an activist group. 

How to succesfully transition stages without building an identity out of the ideas and perspectives of that particular stage first, just to see the limitations of that stage and start deconstructing that identity? Am I already stage yellow but confused? Do I have to become and SJW just to see that it does not make me happy or change the world? :D

I resonate with @molosku's question a lot, and I think being intellectually somewhere else then emotionally may be a partial answer. What I observe in a lot of my friends is, that in our society it's quite easy to have access to yellow thoughts and become a nuanced thinker if you're university-educated and value learning. What's not so easy is getting a handle on your emotions, the necessary self-awareness, being in touch with spirituality, really feeling compassion/unity deep into the core of your being, abandoning the pursuits of success and social status. This is all part of embodying green and yellow. So then we get a lot of people who are up-to-date with their yellow intellect, but at various degree of ignorance in the rest of their personalities. I don't know either if you have to go out and actually try to change the world in an activist's way to fully realize the limitations of green, though :) (To get a taste, after watching the videos I now peg myself yellow intellectually, ~ green in my emotionality and kinda bumping my head against the limitations of orange with my career and lifestyle.)

Edited by Elisabeth

Odin himself  seems to be yellow ... lol

-The Lone wanderer
-Traveler of worlds
-Shifter of shapes
-Seeker of wisdom and knowledge
-Creator of worlds ( for the different mythical creatures)
-The overseer in Asgard

"If you immediately know the candle-light is fire then the meal was cooked along time ago"

I'm not sure of that, but I think the Fibonacci Code and the Golden Ratio may be yellow.

fibonacci-sequence-660x416.png

Edited by brugluiz

Couldn't find shorter videos from Buhlman. They both seem quite Yellow, going into Turquoise. They both have some great lectures at Monroe Institute, you''ll find them there. 

Though Paul Castle personally was almost certainly a mix of orange and blue, he exhibited deep and impactful systems thinking in his development of Center Axis Relock

I posted this on another thread but Alain De Botton on Romantic Love is pretty yellow.

And almost all of his "School of Life" company on youtube is yellow. 

Reason "School of Life" is so popular (despite his hidden nihilistic and non-dual views) is because of the Cartoons he uses. It draws in every stage.

Edited by Brittany

Ido Portal is a great example of bringing stage yellow influence into sports. Excellent