Leo Gura

Spiral Dynamics Stage Yellow Examples Mega-Thread

1,196 posts in this topic

I was actually think about posting this on the Mastery Mega-Thread, but because Christopher Nolan is a vMEME Yellow director,  and his explanation on the "Memento" film was very "Construct-Aware". I found that it would be a very good example to put it in the Spiral Dynamics section instead. ??

I just came up this idea: You know that image of the milky way where it shows where our solar system is, and most people just assume that we are in the middle? I feel like tier 1 thinkers (anyone below stage yellow) are much more likely to be the ones assuming we are in the centre, and people at stage yellow are likely to realize right off the bat that we're not necessarily in the middle and we could be anywhere. This shows how much less concerned stage yellow/tier two is with their own self-importance and how much more considerate they are of other perspectives and other views and possibilities outside of themselves. I can feel the amount of maturity and security within yourself is needed to be able to drop that obsession with yourself and your own agenda and start to think outside of yourself.

main-qimg-4f1cc9760cf9924176ffbd1b3d90ecee-lq.jpeg

Edited by Tristan12

"We are born of Love, Love is our mother" - Rumi

My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9vkQMt-MlvK9Xvnf-Ji

2 hours ago, Intraplanetary said:

in what way?

He's pointing to the power of words as empty containers that create meanings which alter our perception of reality, in this case, trauma. He deconstructs trauma as a phrase that is loaded with multiple meanings that are often subconsciously programming our meaning making, both individually and societally, and then offers new "constructs" or ways of making sense of the past to reprogram our present moment experience, which ultimately changes our entire reality. Also points to a number of practices about dropping into present moment awareness and being with what is without the labels and trappings of the mind that distort or add filters that may not be serving the very function of the role that they were designed to do: ease suffering. 

Not saying the entire video is all construct aware, but he dips into this stage of meaning making throughout the video. You can also tell he's critiquing trauma from a later stage by talking about all the ways in which it's important, valid and real from certain perspectives, and from others it's causing more harm than intended. 

These Music Festivals are clearly vMEME Green.

However... if you're talking about the logistics of making those events come to life, the way that this video emphasized, a vMEME Yellow  approach would be very helpful at dealing with the obstacles that may appear along the way..

Ronald Dworkin's book 'Law's empire'

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback

The first one is more of an introduction into how this technology works and it's  being currently developed. 

While the second one is a very in-depth discussion into the societal, philosophical and existential implications that this technology would imply for us humans

In this video, you guys will see a lot of references from the Spiral Dynamics model. 

What he basically did was summarize all the issues from Tier 1, and then propose and alternative solution to it, which, in this case, consists in a more "wholistic" and integral view of reality,  in the context of social structure. 

Leo does a great job of explaining why it is so important for all men collectively to get good at attracting women. 

This is a good example of stage yellow because Leo is looking at the problems with these guys from a zoomed out scope and is giving advice in order to help humanity at large. He hopes that this advice will help all men get laid more and as a result cause less suicides, less shootings, and ultimately happier more fulfilled men. 

"Helping these guys meet these needs is imperative for the health of society." This is a great stage yellow quote from Leo.