Leo Gura

Spiral Dynamics Stage Yellow Examples Mega-Thread

1,197 posts in this topic

TITLE: Principles for Dealing with the Changing World Order by Ray Dalio

"Everybody has a lot of knowledge; by shifting the contexts* in which we think about it, we’ll discover new ideas."

*and/or the structure

“Discovery consists of looking at the same thing as everyone else and thinking something different.”("going meta")

Nobel prize winning physician Albert Szent-Györgyi

Excerpts from the book "A Whack on the side of the Head", by Roger von Oech

Edited by Bernardo Carleial

@Leo Gura I think you’re idea of Yellow is biased towards intellectuals and academics, but most people are not intellectuals or academics. I’m struggling to see how those people would express their Yellow.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

8 minutes ago, How to be wise said:

@Leo Gura I think you’re idea of Yellow is biased towards intellectuals and academics, but most people are not intellectuals or academics. I’m struggling to see how those people would express their Yellow.

100-200 years ago, Green only existed at the cutting edge of academia. You have to wait for the developmental Overton window to shift before it manifests in the general population.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

12 minutes ago, How to be wise said:

He's never suggested it's anything related to academia.  It's mostly just systematic / multi-perspectival thinkers, who can be anyone.  But of course Yellows are gonna be smart.  There's no such thing as a Yellow idiot.  No intellect = no Yellow.

Edited by thisintegrated

@How to be wise

If you're tired of purely intellectual examples, let's see how Yellow manifests in the interpersonal/emotional domain:

1:32:18 - Frame Control & Inauthenticity

This conversation is a good example of context awareness through application of meta-communication, something which Mr. Girl is a master at. People like to criticize him for it, but he explains why it's an important part of communication, namely to get things "above board".

Aella is also familiar with this kind of thinking, which is what initiated this part of the discussion (the topic of frame control). It does get quite weird at times, and you can maybe start to think that Mr. Girl is taking it too far, which is something they touch on, but it's still one of the most fascinating conversations I've seen.

The reason I post this in Yellow and not in Green, is because of the obvious depth and maturity of the understanding. It's not simply a recognition of the fact that frames exist or that context is important, but it's a prolific and strategic application of that in conversation (while also critiquing the very act of meta-communication itself).

This guy, he had a 4.3 GPA in high school, and he unraveled the whole university application process system. Definitely a synergetic systems thinking, competence based, and definitely heavy stage yellow human being. He talks about how the university system selects people from certain rural communities in varied amounts, in order for the university itself to promote itself. Not necessarily selects people based upon a city objectively based upon competence, but upon a certain person in that area so the college can promote itself. So, definitely a stage yellow video talking about the university system, and this guy is highly stage yellow. Like, you don't hear stage green people able to unravel the school system like this guy's mind can, I'll definitely never be that smart, but hey, you can learn from masterminds like this lovely fella, Conan Gray. 

"Reality is a Love Simulator"-Leo Gura

At one point, they take a critical look at what could've been done different 30 years earlier in the 60s (the counterculture/psychedelic movement) while also contemplating where the future lies. Now, another 30 years later, we're still asking the same questions, but like Ram Dass put it: it's about finding out how to execute on it.

btw, is Spiral Dynamics more "spiritual mumbo-jumbo" or "practical self-help"?  Should these threads be moved to the consciousness/awakening section?  @Leo Gura

Edited by thisintegrated

30 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

@thisintegrated

Self-help > intellectual > spiritual mumbo-jumbo.

Edited by thisintegrated

unknown (16).png

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

Stage Yellow view(and using spiral dynamics) on the Russian and Ukraine conflict. 

this movie is not my cup of tea... but the plot was very well written,  and touches upon vMEME Yellow concepts of non-linear systems and sensitive dependence on initial conditions, but in a very colloquial way...

Edited by Bernardo Carleial