Gerhard

What Stage In Spiral Dynamics Do You Peg Yourself On?

What Stage In Spiral Dynamics Do You Peg Yourself On?   179 members have voted

1. 1. What Stage In Spiral Dynamics Do You Peg Yourself On?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

95 posts in this topic

The infinite Spiral is a concept inside of “Me”! It’s just a figment in “My” imagination.

So, “I” am all of the stages, none of them, both all and none, neither all nor none, some “other” inexpressible fifth state, a sixth state, a seventh... infinitely many and impossibly more... (sorry, I’ll shut up and sit in silence Lol)

But wait... that silence isn’t enough either. Nor is both talking and silence... nor neither... nor the fifth state, nor sixth, nor the seventh nor the “infinitieth”! 

I’ll just choose to stop Lol

?Hmm choose. I’ll just choose what state I want to be in! Maybe I’ll be the “part of Me” that is that  scientist in Stage Green who’s working on environmentally-friendly housing.

Or that competitive athlete in Stage Orange!

Ooh, How about that Yogi meditating on Stage Turquoise in the Himalayas right now! Or...you know what... maybe I’ll just enjoy being the “part of Me” which is that loud neighbor of your’s who’s centered in Stage Red. [“Me” as] He knows how to have a good time!

?

Edited by Ethankahn

I don't even bother speculating in that. I'm just too biased to do it accurately and it doesn't attain anything other than feeding my ego. 

I am myself, heaven and hell.

Solid Coral.

Plus I like the beach. Fact

1 hour ago, Ethankahn said:

The infinite Spiral is a concept inside of “Me”! It’s just a figment in “My” imagination.

So, “I” am all of the stages, none of them, both all and none, neither all nor none, some “other” inexpressible fifth state, a sixth state, a seventh... infinitely many and impossibly more... (sorry, I’ll shut up and sit in silence Lol)

But wait... that silence isn’t enough either. Nor is both talking and silence... nor neither... nor the fifth state, nor sixth, nor the seventh nor the “infinitieth”! 

I’ll just choose to stop Lol

?Hmm choose. I’ll just choose what state I want to be in! Maybe I’ll be the “part of Me” that is that  scientist in Stage Green who’s working on environmentally-friendly housing.

Or that competitive athlete in Stage Orange!

Ooh, How about that Yogi meditating on Stage Turquoise in the Himalayas right now! Or...you know what... maybe I’ll just enjoy being the “part of Me” which is that loud neighbor of your’s who’s centered in Stage Red. [“Me” as] He knows how to have a good time!

?

It's not a skyzophrenic mindset choice... But Whatever fits your agenda

From 3 different perspectives I'm orange/green with touches of yellow 

On 7/8/2018 at 6:01 PM, Elisabeth said:

It's complicated. I may be yellow intellectually, but my life reflects orange-green in values. 

That's how it works. The cognitive lines of development are a prerequisite to any other lines of development, e.g. you can't have green moral development(post-ethnocentric) and blue intellectual development. This survey is cool but it is an oversimplification. 

I'd peg myself at yellow cognitively, with mostly orange and green on the other lines. yellow moral, green psycho-spiritual. I have some orange tendencies such as stimulation addiction that I'm working through(mostly there) that I don't know how to categorize.

and then there are various psychological models that don't correspond with spiral dynamics.

2 hours ago, Aeris said:

It's not a skyzophrenic mindset choice... But Whatever fits your agenda

Or be the condescending dude who doesn’t accept other perspectives ?

Haha jk you’re good man

15 minutes ago, Ethankahn said:

Or be the condescending dude who doesn’t accept other perspectives ?

Haha jk you’re good man

it's more a self destructive process of your view of the world to achieve the best one, sure you keeps having mind on subtle world from under the spiral. Not that I don't act "red" or whatever, others observers will see whatever they want. 

But it's a self experience so I know what my "absolute truth is anyway", everyone can have his own personnal way of talking about it, and each one his own way and "coral enlightment" it all differ from the one you are, it's not the same coral for everyone.

it's a map, not a territory, for everyone the map is discovered piece by pieces, but the thing is all big enlightment leads you to redirect drastically how you act and look at reality and things in your life, it's not mere talking we are doing here. It's as powerful as taking dmt/ or being drawned and coming back, so if you think you "get it" but you still the same without having those powerful enlightment experience, not sure you "get it" probably a delusion mostly green/orange are the most deluded to believe they have achieved kind of a turquoise stage, but really it's not even about being a osho or whatever.

( but it's organicly a map, not strictly )
all stages are cloud of lvl that can be unfolded in each minds, but they are still relevant, not just a joking to laugh on, thing that makes you spin around.
If you believe you're just playing with words, you clearly didn't have a "big shift"

see it's like hacking your mind, if you didn't experience a dramatic shift paradigm, you probably are yellow, when you become turquoise you cringe, you believe your whole "me" is dead, but when you become coral haha you really understand, hahaha it's hell of a mindfuck and even coral is not really explainable, it is the perspective of "me", but still, it's not accepting the stages under and living through them, you can, or you can't it's something that is under your own destiny

Edited by Aeris

@Aeris I completely agree! You're explaining your perspective of stage coral to "Me" when "I" already accept it and am always experiencing it. But that's fine! If you want to get more out, go ahead and continue!

7 hours ago, Ethankahn said:

@Aeris I completely agree! You're explaining your perspective of stage coral to "Me" when "I" already accept it and am always experiencing it. But that's fine! If you want to get more out, go ahead and continue!

Perfect be careful not delude others.

It's more like there is a spiral and there is none. But put in a context and with accurate self expérience it show some relevance. Just if you start believing it is a solid map you're fucked

I feel that i'm solid orange. But I can see the excesses of orange, e.g. food, lack of environmental consciousness.

"A great challenge of life: Knowing enough to think you're doing it right, but not enough to know you're doing it wrong."

- Neil Degrasse Tyson

Mainly green. But significant orange needs for self fullfilment (especially in singing) and need to be seen and recognized. And 25% of yellow because i'v been several years exploring my ocd and my mental highs and lows, and how my mind works and doing meditation techniques for 2.5 years and most of my insights i got are from the last 1-2 years.

🌻 Stage Yellow emerges when Green starts to have tolerance and respect to the variety of views within HIMSELF. Israelis here? Let me know!

i'd say mostly green, but progressing to yellow,  I Value alot of alone time lately. This to further work out my passions and to learn more about the fundamentals.  I have no problems being emotional and i actually value that part of me alot. I've always been a more emotional type of man. 

I'm still a little confused though. i had some rough weeks lately and i didn't feel like bonding or be part of a community at all. I did not enjoy 'useless' evenings of booze and talk. I rather like i already mentioned above, put that time into better use.  But i shouldn't forget to just relax now and then. 

But it made me think about weither that's a orange thing or the lonewolf yellow thing.  I'm an artist and i like to create, but not for profits or anything but to express myself and my journey. Its mostly about deeper topics and i also hope other people resonate with it.