Gerhard

What Stage In Spiral Dynamics Do You Peg Yourself On?

What Stage In Spiral Dynamics Do You Peg Yourself On?   179 members have voted

1. 1. What Stage In Spiral Dynamics Do You Peg Yourself On?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

95 posts in this topic

@Widdle Puppy A person can be intellectually centered in one stage and emotionally centered in another stage. 

On 8/1/2018 at 11:35 PM, Sashaj said:

Are you sure I am not yellow? Why? What would convince you? Can you help me figure out what colour I am? 

When I evolved past orange, I lost the desire to debate oranges and blues. Rather than wanting to prove my point and be right, I became interested in sharing ideas and learning new perspectives. I now find it challenging to interact with solid orange / blues effectively.

On 02/09/2018 at 2:52 AM, pluto said:

You cannot peg a wave.

@Gerhardidk@Gerhardidk@Gerhardidk@Gerhardidk  (ignore the @Gerhard my phone is glitching)

@pluto if only more people would understand ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

On 9/2/2018 at 4:52 AM, pluto said:

You cannot peg a wave.

I'm not sure. There is plenty of information to build awareness and kind of see where you are. These things are fluid and not rigid groups. Surely a guesstimate can be made with varying degrees of accuracy 

As the wave becomes the ocean the "stages" transcend into The One that cannot be staged into one because it embodies The ALL as One ;)

These "stages" are still part of the loop, part of the distraction to Divine/Absolute Truth. To experience and know Absolute Truth you must completely surrender/fast from EVERYTHING in life including the things you believe you need to stay alive. Even those are illusions in themselves.

When you trust the U niverse absolutely via surrendering completely and absolutely in all shapes/forms of life, you directly embody its divinity and eternal nature/truth and nothing else or no one else is needed from there on to know the Truth, Indefinitely.

Now, These "stages" are not wrong as there are no right or wrongs in creation but do you want to keep playing the earth game or do you want to mature and become universal?

I have never genuinely needed to ask a single question in my life since. Now tell me, what is it you really desire? Why are you still choosing to suffer? Its easy to know truth, the goal is to live truth. Most like to know truth but then fail to live truth. Knowing Truth is Awakening, Living Truth is Enlightenment.

You Find All, By Losing All.

- A Sprouting Seed.

B R E A T H E

I think I've finally reached a solid stage green - both intellectually and emotionally. I visit yellow periodically, yet I don't feel grounded in yellow.

I can understand some Yellow concepts but I wouldn't call me Yellow neither Green. I'm learning how to be kinder, so I would say I'm getting out of Orange towards Green.

does it not depend on the mind-space ~ who or what conception one is interacting with, and the subsequent correlative expression?

can being/awareness/consciousness alone be categorized within a model (of spiral dynamic or other)?

ǹ̹͚͔͖͚̫̰̭̗̼̭͎̼̱̰̦̬̓̔̓̂ͅa̝̘̯̳̱̱̥̪͓̻͈̜̫͖͙̠͕̫̍ͦͬͩ̊ͥ͌ͯ̇m͕͇̜͉̠̲̞̫̘̩͓̹̮̰̰̫ͫ͛̔̏́ͦ̈ͅa̖͍͍̝͙̻̪ͭͭ̄̓̿̒ͦͧ́ͤͭs̬͇͇̬̜͖̬̈́̾̓͌̋ͧ͛͐ͤ͑ͅt̪̝͚̞̯͉͌͒̋̐ͥ̈́e̯̼̞̥͙̖͔͓̬̻̜͑ͫͪͪ̈ͧ̎ͫ̎̾̚

- yawning gap

"embrace your inner pain. in hopelessness, you will find bliss. to be mindful all the time you need to have attention on the breath as second nature." - hellspeed

Here's a really simple rule of thumb test:

How much do you care about ecology?

If not, you're below Green.

How much do you acknowledge that truth, value, and meaning is relative or a mental construction?

How much do you care about all living beings independent of their race, religion, gender, etc?

How clear are you that material success will do nothing for you?

If so, you're Green and above.

How much do you think your culture, nation, ethnicity is superior to others?

If so, you're Blue.

How much do you care about integration all the perspectives of the world, including all the sciences and all the religions?

If so, you're at Yellow and above.

How conscious are you that the entire world and universe is your entire body and you are identical with all sentient beings?

If so, you're at Turquoise.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I observe myself as mainly Green and Yellow (recognizing lower stages as self-evident, willing to entertain multiple prespective, building models based on direct experience), with Blue and Orange shadow aspects (subtle nationality, the desire accumulate knowledge, and a lack of social and environmental awareness). 

@Leo Gura So what am I if I have conflicting answers to these questions? I should be high Blue, below Green, and Green and above at the same time. :ph34r:

@Gerard(sry, glitching phone) 

@Gerhard Why not Red-Orange, Blue-Green, Orange-Yellow and Green-Turquoise? :(

Edited by Torkys

Spirituality is any movement towards the Unnamable. Everything is spiritual.

The only true way out Resistance is going into it because any way out of it is staying in it.

The purest life possible is surrendering to the Absolute.

@Torkys Nobody is solid anything.

To say that you are Green, for example, means that 25% of your answers are from Orange, 50% from Green, and 25% from Yellow.

Etc.

There are also different developmental lines:

• Cognitive
  • Moral/Ethical
  • Spiritual
  • Sexual
  • Emotional
  • Political
  • Etc.

You could be Red on the emotional line but Orange on the cognitive line. Etc.

Spiral Dynamics is a nuanced and complex model requiring careful study.

@Feel Good I will talk about it more in a future Spiral episode. I never finished the Spiral series because people were getting sick of it and starting to tune out. So you haven't heard the conclusion to how Spiral Dynamics really works. There is still much to be said about it.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

How much do you care about integration all the perspectives of the world, including all the sciences and all the religions?

If so, you're at Yellow and above.

How is an integration of that degree possible? An individual human ant cannot achieve this. The best physicists couldn't integrate einstein's relativity theory with quantum mechanics and string theory.

Perhaps, we can't integrate everything. It is like integrating USA with China or Orange with Green.

Perhaps, we could loosely integrate USA and china in the form of United Nations. I don't expect full integration to happen.

Financially, we can integrate different economic zones into the global economy by currency exchange and whatnot.

It seems I can come up with loose integrations.

Edited by CreamCat

@Leo Gura I would be very interested to hear more about it. Hope you'll make some more videos. In the meantime I have ordered some books but they will be coming from the US to Belgium and it might take time...

@CreamCat It is possible. All that's required is the desire to do it.

Reality is one unified whole, after all. The only thing fragmenting it is your mind.

You don't need to integrate every physics theory. Leave those technical details to the scientists. You want a high level big picture heart-oriented personal integration. Not a technical academic integration.

@Lynnel

I read this comment and it made me smite:

"Anyone here aside from Leo saying they are turquoise is simply proposterous. (Maybe some mods with over 20+ years of exeperience)."

Won't you come of it, Shiva?

There is a voice that doesn't use words. Listen! - Rumi

On 9/6/2018 at 5:17 AM, CreamCat said:

How is an integration of that degree possible? An individual human ant cannot achieve this. The best physicists couldn't integrate einstein's relativity theory with quantum mechanics and string theory.

You are looking at this from the perspective of individual finite minds.

Imagine a future in which 100 minds can function independently or the 100 minds can be linked into a single super mind. This would expand our potential beyond what we can imagine now.

One key to expanding consciousness is becoming aware that phenomena that we can't imagine will appear.

Where is Green-Red? :ph34r:

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

On 7/17/2018 at 2:33 AM, Solace said:

@pluto It’s an honour.

If you want to explore the world of duality then this beautiful and sophisticated model can lead to greater understanding of societies, and the individuals evolution of their lower self. 

Yet if you want to know yourself as big as this universe, use your focus wisely, by always remaining centered in the highest vibration there is, which is love.

What we focus on we become :) 

Love You♥️

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Cognitively I think I’m at yellow with some orange and green characteristics, but emotionally I’m a red struggling to make it to blue. I just can’t pin down my stage.