Gerhard

What Stage In Spiral Dynamics Do You Peg Yourself On?

What Stage In Spiral Dynamics Do You Peg Yourself On?   179 members have voted

1. 1. What Stage In Spiral Dynamics Do You Peg Yourself On?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

95 posts in this topic

I changed my vote several times. I still have the emotionality of green but I am beginning to realize that everyone has their own nature and you can't just force someone to change their nature. Therefore I am currently voting green-yellow.

I have permanently locked myself out of my account to force myself to focus on my work. Goodbye.

Beginning Yellow, I can activate various vMemes at will in given situations including red or beige which are personal favorites

Hi! Great thread thanks for creating it! But I didn't vote.

I am 30% orange 55% green 15% yellow.

I am a green person who tried to skip orange. (Can't skip stages though)

I might be more yellow than what i give myself credit for.

When i first heard of Spiral Dynamics for 2 seconds i thought i was turquoise.

Where is Red??? :) The king boss of the self. 

I'm like 50% orange, 40% green, 10% yellow 

I tend to be fairly individualistic, so I have more tendencies in orange and yellow than in blue or green. I would estimate around 40% orange, 40% yellow, 20% green.

I am attached to some orange characteristics (such as science and accomplishment), but not others (accomplishment at any cost, exploitation of others, or 'moving up the ladder' to dominate others). I am relatively minimalist when it comes to materials, but I am still living in modern western culture, so there are still a lot of improvements I can make here.

I have a few qualities of green, but not very strongly. I can empathize with some green ideas, such as veganism and universal basic income (as examples) but haven't fully committed to them myself. I do consider myself 'almost' pacifist, with the recognition that there may be some scenarios where violence is the best answer (though likely rarely), and this is probably a green characteristic.

I have some yellow characteristics as well. I tend not to judge others - or more accurately, I do judge them but I am usually aware of it and can treat everyone reasonably fairly regardless of how I judge them. I can see similarities in the core motivations of different stages (e.g. blue, orange, and green), which allows me to see that some problems are complex and don't have simple or obvious solutions. While I can recognize these complexities, I still don't have a great grasp on how to solve these problems - I am only at the stage of realizing that the problems are complex. I can see, for example, that a solution proposed at stage orange or green likely won't work, but I don't often have good insights as to what a better solution may be.

I still have work to do in integrating yellow and distancing myself from orange. My introduction to the concepts of turquoise (e.g. mysticism) is fairly recent, and I do not really have any turquoise qualities yet.

I believe/think/feel that every stage has certain manifestations throughout the day, every day therefore we may be predominantly our self's truest focus in the moment ( even if we grasp it or not, ahem) and even shift between all other. I will provide my personal insight : 

• The first few seconds when I wake up I am pure beige, a very cozy feeling.
  • In human interactions, depending on the circumstances I shift between blue, orange and green
  • Mystical/Transcendental/Psychedelic experiences feel Purple, simple & magical.
  • Red is an underlying constantly available stage. Why ? If it comes down to a unpredictable, physical dispute, even if you do not respond because of an inherit stage you are in, I strongly believe that you would feel at least a glimpse of red ( a.k.a. impulsiveness, whether you defend yourself or not, you still feel it ). Also let's think about our survival instincts if we were to be : lost in the heart of the forest with limited resources ( exclude the questions, how you got there in the first place, because they are irrelevant ), doing extreme sports, etc where I am sure there are tints or pure moments of red. Zeratul from Starcraft can be turquoise or above and become red when slaying his foes.
  • When I am in my own mind and Universe, i search for connections, find new ways of seeing ( most of the time the same thing from different angles or with "different eyes", dissecting, understanding, unifying, implementing, searching for a boundless & true peace of mind while doing so This (thought) "process" is attached to a goal, bigger than myself, most of the time being reshaped because most of the time the "finish lines" are just thresholds into a newer dimension. I think as a human/entity, whatever, if you truly have certain degree of pursuit, diving into higher stages become inherit.

What can I say ? Spiral Dynamics further enhanced my perception, models, principles, beliefs and brought order within my information system and instantly "sent me back to school".

Wait, what ? Yes, exactly ! I felt like a lucky child that just got his invitation letter from Hogwarts. The repressed areas of the other stages came back. For examples I found out this way that I had issues in the Orange area. Why do I say that ?  Well, I've been Orange as I practiced extreme sports and playing video games. Within the implied communities/dimensions I burned out all of my competitiveness and materialism while constantly staying on my edge. It's funny because most of my life I didn't give a s**t about money, fame, fortune, how popular I am, how many people know me for various reasons, and in general for me those were concepts that I resented from the bottom of my heart. However, I always respected traits of Orange : financial autonomy, results-driven, success ( Yes! Very important because without it, dreams remain dreams, which is sad ). 

Cheers ! 

Edited by Xenomorf

Green is what I belive but I still have orange values like I want to be rich and to be loved by everyone! So orange/green :)

From Light's perspective we may be merely nuances of it resonating through choice ^_^

Of course there are no Solid Green's ! A.t.m. they explore nature, admiring the beauties of life, running far away from Orange presence :P

I'd say i'm mix of orange\green\yellow with the biggest % in green\yellow. I've been like 10x more orange a year ago but now i'm kinda deconstructing this as I'm getting more life experience (Sex, relationships, different jobs, spiritual practices, knowledge) and moving to yellow and beyond. Got a lot of things still to embody at green tho (emotional blockages, learning to connect with other humans properly, etc) but I feel less and less orange everyday and more yellow. So I guess I'll just peg myself into green-yellow but I could aswell be orange-green.

I also think I might have few % of turquiose cause I resonate with turquiose values a lot from Leo's video and try to embody turquiose stuff for myself. 

Edited by Hello from Russia

On 11/07/2018 at 2:17 PM, StardewValley said:

The problem is is that I don't quite understand the difference between green and yellow. They both care about the world but yellow realizes that people are on different stages of consciousness? Basically, green is just like orange where you have your own opinions about topics, but now your opinions have shifted towards being more loving ones. But green doesn't realize that it is arguing with people that are below it in consciousness? It thinks that everyone is equal in terms of consciousness? 

Yellow is where radical open mindedness begins to develop. They are starting to become more interested in the truth rather than what serves their ego. They see that no one theory holds the absolute truth and that all perspectives have some degree (even if very minuscule) of truth to them.

Yellow is also the stage at which life is starting to be approached from a place of Being rather than ego. So they can be motivated by curiosity, love, compassion, passion, appreciation of beauty, the desire for truth for it's own sake. They are capable of loving others without needing anything in return. They are able to truly enjoy life and they live more authentically. Tire 1 on the other hand are very egocentric stages and are motivated by egoic deficiency (ie. security, status, comfort, competition, defending/propagating ideologies, tribalism, neurotic impulses, ect.).

Edited by Mathew Pav

On 7/11/2018 at 3:31 AM, molosku said:

@Joseph Maynor can you elaborate? Can you briefly describe your stage of happiness, developmenten and enlightenment as a turquoise person? 

Read my Journals Vols 3-6, I describe everything in detail there.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Joseph Maynor There is a lot of stuff there, pretty hard to get inside your head coherently from them. I'm not expecting much of a reply, more like a brief summary why u peg yourself as turquoise. 

Resonating with green-yellow-beginning turquoise.

However, I'm looking for orange people to talk my green disgust for narcissism and libertarian capitalism out of my system. Maybe I can, in turn, help you move towards green

<banned for jokes in the joke section>

Thought Art I am disappointed in your behavior ?

This forum greatly overstates the stages they're on. I saw a comment stating that whatever stage you think you're on, subtract 2 and that would be more accurate - and I fully agree. Also why isn't there red here? If you don't think there are at least a few reds here, then I recommend you reevaluate your beliefs.

On 11. 7. 2018 at 11:11 AM, Gerhard said:

Not a single Solid Orange or Solid Green yet - very surprising.

Indeed (now one solid orange). I wonder if the polarized description of stages is off-putting for people so they don't like to identify with the stages. It's also natural that everybody has both collectivist and individual sides. 

With orange... nobody will know and admit their relationships are shallow - you only see that in hindsight. Also all of us are at least slightly aware of the world's problems - does that move everybody into green a bit? Probably not. I'm sure there are orange people resonating with Leo's yellow content here. 

With green, well, it doesn't sound appealing from the description ... or maybe they genuinely don't resonate with Leo.  

Or maybe everybody wants to see themselves as transitioning and not stuck? ;)

2 hours ago, Ascend said:

This forum greatly overstates the stages they're on. I saw a comment stating that whatever stage you think you're on, subtract 2 and that would be more accurate - and I fully agree. Also why isn't there red here? If you don't think there are at least a few reds here, then I recommend you reevaluate your beliefs.

“Real quick bitch, before I pimp u out to this homeless dude lemme check actualized.org for the new video on infinite intelligence.”