Gerhard

What Stage In Spiral Dynamics Do You Peg Yourself On?

What Stage In Spiral Dynamics Do You Peg Yourself On?   179 members have voted

1. 1. What Stage In Spiral Dynamics Do You Peg Yourself On?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

95 posts in this topic

I am graduating out of Orange into Green. But, I'm still Orange.

Edited by CreamCat

I might be overconfident in myself but I feel like a yellow or a green-yellow.

I have permanently locked myself out of my account to force myself to focus on my work. Goodbye.

All the colors and beyond Silver & Gold. 

It's complicated. I may be yellow intellectually, but my life reflects orange-green in values. 

Why no pre-blue :(

"If you immediately know the candle-light is fire then the meal was cooked along time ago"

I thought I was graduating out of Orange into Green. But, I am actually graduating out of Green into Yellow. Oh my god, I am becoming a Yellow person without knowing it.

I used to identify myself with universal basic income without systemic thinking. This is a classic Green pattern. I still identify with universal basic income, but I do so with systemic thinking and without dogma. Universal basic income is actually Green-Yellow. I stayed away from Feminism because I sensed something fishy about Feminist movements in action. Now I know that Feminism has a serious Red(psychopath) infection problem that Green is not aware of or doesn't want to admit. I can see psychopath infection in Green movements because I properly integrated Orange and Red. I don't know whether I properly integrated Blue.

I started detaching myself from Green after sacrificing my time for an activist group for a while because I was tired, and I saw limits of Green movements. I resumed my Orange activities and started contemplating more about systemic issues.

Now, I sit in a chair and contemplate about new systems that would cure societal problems. Green people think their movements are the only legitimate movements that can represent certain virtues like equality, freedom, and security. But, I realized that green doesn't have monopoly over virtues. You are not a communist just because you want equality. You are not necessarily a feminist just because you agree with gender equality. Equality or gender equality is often not the right abstraction to think about. Equality is not a panacea to every problem. For example, we have to admit that it's unrealistic to expect most people to become professional athletes. We are not equal to professional athletes in terms of physical prowess. We better seek dynamic balance. Green wants to achieve equality by reaching a static balance. But, dynamic balance is better than static balance.

Edited by CreamCat

‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍      ‍   

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

The problem is is that I don't quite understand the difference between green and yellow. They both care about the world but yellow realizes that people are on different stages of consciousness? Basically, green is just like orange where you have your own opinions about topics, but now your opinions have shifted towards being more loving ones. But green doesn't realize that it is arguing with people that are below it in consciousness? It thinks that everyone is equal in terms of consciousness? 

Edited by StardewValley

I have permanently locked myself out of my account to force myself to focus on my work. Goodbye.

On 7/9/2018 at 4:31 AM, Elisabeth said:

It's complicated. I may be yellow intellectually, but my life reflects orange-green in values. 

@Elisabeth Same for me.

I'm Green going into Yellow. I've had a lot of practice in learning about Green worldviews by volunteering, but I'm moving out from that. I think all this Green emotionalism is making me too prone to agree with others too much sometimes, and be a little too idealistic in my worldview. Sometimes others' don't change as much as I like, and sometimes some ideas are better than the others.

I feel a little shaky with all this change, but I guess it's nice to be more individualistic again -- not sure where it will go though. I notice in my everyday life, I'm more likely to adapt to people's stages. If someone's being too strict and obedience oriented in blue, I try to argue back with the rational thinking of Orange. If someone seems to be feeling down about not being succesful enough, I start opening up my feelings to encourage them to share their own in Green. And recently, I've been getting Green people to actually see more of the root cause of things in Systems like with another forum.

I feel a little anxious sometimes about possibly offending others, but I guess that's just Green. I guess I need to learn more about rationality again huh like I did in the Orange stage.

Well, oh well. Hope this turns out well.

“The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.” 
― Socrates

@Joseph Maynor can you elaborate? Can you briefly describe your stage of happiness, developmenten and enlightenment as a turquoise person? 

Edited by molosku

Well, I find it hard to place myself in this model. For sure, I`m not Yellow-  my perception is still survivalistic. I have just a little bit of yellow, because i genuinely love Spiral Dynamics and understand that world`s greatest problems are systemic, but I don`t find myself contemplating it often. And D. Beck`s and C. Cowan`s book was a real challenge to understand.

Green ideas are nice, love and peace are important, but i don`t feel the need to join spiritual community or protest for vegans.

Orange? That`s the stage I`m striving to reach. I think I`m close to full Orange, and at the same time see it`s weaknesses and limitations. And i just want to integrate blue in a healthy manner, but still resonate with some of it`s values and concepts.

So it`s like 20% Blue, 55% Orange, 15% Green, 10% Yellow

I picked Green-Yellow. And I think that's accurate of me.

I do think I'm pretty decent at systemic thinking, and most of the Yellow traits describe accurately how I think. But I am heavily invested in Green, with regard to noticing social structures that create issues and inequalities for women, people of color, LGBTQ+ people, immigrants, the disabled, religious minorities, and those that diverge from societal norms in general. I'm also interested in movements like Veganism (I am Vegan myself) and movements that focus toward helping the environment. And of course, income inequality. 

That said, I'm not sure if I'm invested in Green as an outgrowth of Yellow's systemic thinking, or as a pure orientation toward Green in and of itself. I may simply be seeing Green as the next logical step in humanity's evolution, and wanting to encourage more people to go in that direction to create a momentum in the forward direction.

That said, I may actually be quite attached to Green. In recent years a lot of Blue types have started going more Orange. You can kind of see that the average Right-winger in America has shifted away from Blue and more toward Orange, and embraced a more Libertarian mindset about politics as opposed to a religious/moral one. And the average Left-winger has departed from Orange a bit and started to embrace Green. 

So, intellectually, I can recognize that there is progress going on, even in Conservative circles. That said, I still register that progress within the spiral as a barrier to progress in general, because of the Libertarian focus toward the Free Market without much regard to the planetary effects and worker exploitation of unfettered business interests. 

So, I'm either Yellow or Green-Yellow. I'm honestly not sure which. 

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

I would say that I am 45% orange 45% yellow and 5% green. I need to put more research into turqoise to see if I emody any of the qualities. Maybe 50% orange and 40% yellow. I still tend to use the systems thinking and knowledge for my ego driven goals as I enjoy them and think I deserve them. 

Why is there no Orange yellow combination option? 

Edited by RoaldKamman