Mondsee

Spiral Dynamics Stage Coral

45 posts in this topic

Some days ago I stumbled upon this thread: 

What's posted in there is right in acknowledging that coral is a rather unknown stage, given the little information available about it, but not much more than that.

Now, if you're really into spiral dynamics, you'll keep on looking for information on the coral stage anyways, because you want to understand it. I hate to spoil it for you, but there really isn't much, and most of the few things you'll find are bullshit...

...Buuut there's good news! What if I told you here in the forum we have an expert on coral? He is an expert not only because he has deeply studied spiral dynamics (in fact he's currently working on a scientific study about it, mainly stage coral), but because he embodies coral himself. His name is @TJ Reeves, and you can follow his content on his YouTube channel, this is his most recent video:

I have personally talked to him a couple times, and what I have understood is that coral is the best of all worlds put together. Coral is the simultaneous integration of all the positive aspects of every single stage.

I really encourage you to follow his content to start getting a first glimpse of what coral is about, and if you find yourself rejecting it altogether (something along the lines of "wait... are you telling me this is what comes after Sadhguru?!?!") allow yourself to consider the possibility that you're not being openminded enough. There is this phenomenon TJ calls "The Turquoise Trap", which is being unable to see beyond Turquoise, because of spiritual ideology (watch his video!). Be careful, for even Leo falls into that trap. I'm sure if he pushes his mind to open just a little more tough, he'll soon discover coral is all what he's aspiring to be in life.

There is much more to learn about coral than what is covered in his videos, but I think it is a really great place to start.

Good luck on your spiral-journey!

Edited by Mondsee

"Es gibt die Wahrheit, mein Lieber! Aber die ,Lehre', die du begehrst [...], die gibt es nicht. Du sollst dich auch gar nicht nach einer vollkommenen Lehre sehnen, Freund, sondern nach Vervollkommnung deiner selbst."

- Herman Hesse, Das Glasperlenspiel

Damn, Coral people are ripped! Seriously, I'm looking forward to hear more from him.
I like the idea of befriending the ego and the mind. It reminded me of this video from Teal Swan.

''The spirit or soul manifests itself in the form of thoughts, it manifests itself in the form of emotions and it manifests itself as body. Therefore, the more in touch we become with our mind, emotions and body, the deeper we penetrate the spiritual. " In this episode, Teal seeks to help us release resistance to our own minds and integrate the mind into our spiritual practice.

Edited by martin_malin

Yes. He has his way of explaning it. But all these guys have transformed themself. They did’t get where they are by accident. 

As long as he is happy and can inspire others to be happy its good.

Edited by cirkussmile

There is definitely a stage above turquoise.

Edited by Brittany

Sadhguru is most definitely past turquoise. I’d peg him as highly developed coral, same as other yogis like auro 

kriya does a heck of a lot more than enlighten you ;)

A8496A76-383A-470C-9BCD-404A1162807F.jpeg

Edited by Bobby

Hmm you're saying Leo falls under TJ's trap, but Leo is extremely big picture thinking about this 

I don't think Leo is boiling it all down to "all problems are caused from the ego"

Because Leo approaches it with a multi-faceted approach

At least so I thought?

So is he saying...

There's more to it than:

Leo's "awareness alone is curative?"

and

Leo's "all problems are solved by an increase of consciousness" 

Edited by d0ornokey

On 7/7/2018 at 8:38 PM, Mondsee said:

Some days ago I stumbled upon this thread: 

What's posted in there is right in acknowledging that coral is a rather unknown stage, given the little information available about it, but not much more than that.

Now, if you're really into spiral dynamics, you'll keep on looking for information on the coral stage anyways, because you want to understand it. I hate to spoil it for you, but there really isn't much, and most of the few things you'll find are bullshit...

...Buuut there's good news! What if I told you here in the forum we have an expert on coral? He is an expert not only because he has deeply studied spiral dynamics (in fact he's currently working on a scientific study about it, mainly stage coral), but because he embodies coral himself. His name is @TJ Reeves, and you can follow his content on his YouTube channel, this is his most recent video:

I have personally talked to him a couple times, and what I have understood is that coral is the best of all worlds put together. Coral is the simultaneous integration of all the positive aspects of every single stage.

I really encourage you to follow his content to start getting a first glimpse of what coral is about, and if you find yourself rejecting it altogether (something along the lines of "wait... are you telling me this is what comes after Sadhguru?!?!") allow yourself to consider the possibility that you're not being openminded enough. There is this phenomenon TJ calls "The Turquoise Trap", which is being unable to see beyond Turquoise, because of spiritual ideology (watch his video!). Be careful, for even Leo falls into that trap. I'm sure if he pushes his mind to open just a little more tough, he'll soon discover coral is all what he's aspiring to be in life.

There is much more to learn about coral than what is covered in his videos, but I think it is a really great place to start.

Good luck on your spiral-journey!

I was going to make a post about how he tried calling Leo out lol

I talked to him on Instagram and he said the same nonsense 

Stage Coral is just the beginning, there's an even higher Stage Platinum! following by a whole batch of Neon colors! Really, does nobody see the trap of these stages and classifications... 

One just has to see S.D. for what it truly is... it's a conceptual model. A very accurate and powerful model indeed, but simply a model nonetheless. If you can seriously reach solid yellow, it's end, and even turquoise, you'll see that when you get there, S.D. will no longer be that relevant or meaningful to you and you will definitely stop searching, longing or looking for "higher stages". Just live life and you'll be fine (at- and even beyond turquoise). I was also searching for higher and higher stages when I first heard about S.D. in Leo's first video about it, but as it turns out that's obviously a totally orange-like mentality, if one likes to describe it that way.

"What's the highest stage?" "How can I get to the top?" "I really really really want to be at the top (of the spiral)!" "I don't want to be stuck at lower stages, I always want to ascend further and further!" "I need to constantly grow!" "I know that S.D should not be turned into a competitive race but I'll do it anyway!" "I'm at a stage that's totally above you, how do you like that, huh?!" "Subconsciously I'm so egotistical and so individualistic that I simply can't and couldn't possibly be at any particular stage that anybody else is on!" "Fuck you all, I'm feeling so superior that I'm inventing my own stage, hah!"

Hey, what's up! This is Jack R. Hayes, I'm an author, currently living in Germany. Thus far, I've written two books, both in English and German; one's called "User's Manual for Human Beings", and the other one's called "The Wisdom Espresso". If you'd like to check out my work, visit me at  https://jackrhayes.de  or go to Amazon and search for my name. I'd be happy to see you there!

I don't know what Coral is. I can't say whether he is Coral.

But, I watched TJ Reeves' video about the spiritual ideology. His video resonated with me.

I think I'll watch more of his videos.

In my eyes this topic already had become very toxic for many people. I understand that it is extremly interesting how such high stages of development would look like. But I am sure that thinking too much ahead for an individual just leads to impractical fantasies you get lost in.

Really interesting in my eyes is to get some  degree of comprehension of the whole model, then try determine where you are at and then to work on yourself. This is already really difficult. Unless you are a fully integrated stage yellow person you will for sure delude yourself and position yourself much higher than you actually are.

So for example - if you are a well established stage green type of person you will not have the sligthest clue what turqoiuse would be like. Even if you read twenty books about enligthenment. I would not say this is a bad thing to do, but there would be much better content to improve yourself. Thinking then about coral is just ... Even the top 1% leading intellectuals of the world would not have much benefit from it.

After all I am asking myself what this video above has to do with stage coral? By no means I would say it is bad content by the way. 

Michael Carrano was the individual who actually recognized the Coral Vmeme working with Dr. Don Beck (co-author of spiral dynamics) specifically in the behavior of Corporations themselves. A consolidating "I" of power leveraging all its systems to its advantage. Individuals who would exhibit this vmeme would be for example Global elite types in an attempt to completely dominate all life conditions AKA the world, utilizing rhetoric that would gain support of lower tiers including naive Green to push agendas without realizing the negative consequences of using these initiatives to control them.

You know what ? That was a paradigm destroyer and shift for me ! 

5 hours ago, 11modal11 said:

Michael Carrano was the individual who actually recognized the Coral Vmeme working with Dr. Don Beck (co-author of spiral dynamics) specifically in the behavior of Corporations themselves. A consolidating "I" of power leveraging all its systems to its advantage. Individuals who would exhibit this vmeme would be for example Global elite types in an attempt to completely dominate all life conditions AKA the world, utilizing rhetoric that would gain support of lower tiers including naive Green to push agendas without realizing the negative consequences of using these initiatives to control them.

@11modal11 I just read https://medium.com/@sterlingcooley/coral-meme-spiral-dynamics-level-9-3db412799198 and http://wordgravity.blogspot.com/2008/01/coral-vmeme-emerges.html

It seems Coral isn't the perfect level I thought it would be.

It seems Spiral Dynamics seems to collapse after Stage Turquoise.

Edited by CreamCat

@CreamCat yes it seems a “mad king” of the digital age deceptively establishing a control and consolidate empire centered around itself, or simply someone with an extreme wealth of systems knowledge + with an agenda of complete control. Also as Leo said in a different thread the theory does not map mystics so if someone goes in that direction, it’s really difficult to correlate with a stage.

Attempting to exist as coral for fun seems extremely intriguing to me personally but the vMeme seems very contingent upon life conditions to actualize.

@11modal11 http://wordgravity.blogspot.com/2008/01/coral-vmeme-emerges.html talks about coral as guardianship.

https://medium.com/@sterlingcooley/coral-meme-spiral-dynamics-level-9-3db412799198 talks about coral as warriorship.

http://wordgravity.blogspot.com/2009/04/more-on-coral-vmeme.html says

So Coral, to me is transformed/transpersonal Warriorship.  What you are talking about as the wider sense of self i think is captured by the anarchistic flavour and the following: "Seeks only to express the intent of the energy of the Universe as expressed in personal acts of presence, art, movement, love".  This is the fully integrated ego--not transcended ego as many current practices and teachers are promoting, but the integrated ego--the divine experience as body, as human.  There is moral fire here.  As Marilyn Hamilton coined it to me, "it's the Kick Butt meme".  This is warriorship transformed to guardianship.  Warriorship arising as and from Being.  And the butt is kicked with love in alignment with flow of Being Consciousness

I don't know which one is correct. We know very little about Coral.

Edited by CreamCat

@CreamCat I have spoken with MIke Carrano personally who actually discovered the vMeme (he was working with beck) and confirmed that it would behave much like a neo-Faustian “nasty corporation” in how it forces the system to its own whims. It is possible that the whims themselves could be “good” hypothetically, but they way it leveraged the system is ruthless.

essentially regardless of intentions it seeks control and domination of the system of its life conditions with no remorse

So it seems if it was operating on a lofty ideal it would deceptively jack the system in so that the ideal was actualized at all costs uncaring about seemingly harsh ramifications of the direction change