Pure Imagination

Don’t Underestimate 5-Meo-DMT

37 posts in this topic

If you try 5-meo (or any psychedelic), don’t underestimate how much it WILL change your consciousness. Even if you don’t realize it after coming down. You can’t unsee source after you have experienced it. You can convince yourself you’re the same person, but you’re not. So don’t take the decision to use psychedelics lightly, they will radically change you in ways that you can only pretend to understand. 

@Pure Imagination Would agree. Haven't tried 5Meo, but Ayahuasca ripped me open pretty hard, brutal 6 month hangover.  I almost wish I hadnt done it at all... too much.  Prefer a more gradual, light-handed approach now.  

I look forward to new developments in psychedellics, where we can possibly fine-tune them and give you a controlled "gentle glimpse".  Let you dip your toes in first.

It can also cause massive tail-chasing as well.  I've seen the good and the bad effects on Enlightenment with psychedelics.  Psychedelics are a double-edged sword.  If you don't have good intuition, you can end up in La La Land with your Enlightenment.  You gotta have good sense to be able to take the useful and leave the crap with psychedelics.  And my guess is only a tiny percentage of the population can do this.  Most people just get a head-full of bizarre notions that will take them 500 miles in the opposite direction from Enlightenment.  Overuse of psychedelics is a big problem in this work.  It basically gets you hunting down the wrong trail with Enlightenment.  And then you get so stubborn and entrenched with those ideas that it's hard to help someone like this.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Also don't underestimate meditation. It is always available and free.

For those who want to be reborn and let the old self die.

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.

@Pure Imagination  I totally agree. I experienced 5-MeO onec and although it was lightning fast and I remember almost nothing, it has been coming back consistently when I am falling asleep or just randomly. It opened some kind of magic gate inside of me for sure.

Edited by okulele

Use the Prayer Swat Team!

It's pretty fucking intense. Beyond anything possible. You get to sit next to Jesus/Buddha themselves vibrating at LOC1000 and beyond. You literally die and become One with everything in the Universe and beyond to Infinity...then you come back down and realize how ignorant you've been thinking it was all dissected into separate pieces. 

I would highly recommend plugging it if you have HCL, it's realllllly nice. 

1 hour ago, JustinS said:

It's pretty fucking intense. Beyond anything possible. You get to sit next to Jesus/Buddha themselves vibrating at LOC1000 and beyond. You literally die and become One with everything in the Universe and beyond to Infinity...then you come back down and realize how ignorant you've been thinking it was all dissected into separate pieces. 

I would highly recommend plugging it if you have HCL, it's realllllly nice. 

I experienced this on LSD minus the religious stuff and the infinity stuff.  I’ve smoked Changa where I experienced the whole Ego Death and re-embodiment process.  I did a trip report on that one.

I think it’s important to have a few psychedelic experiences, but people derive conceptual truth from these experiences, and that’s where people can get mislead.  

The more I work on my Enlightenment, the more I realize that 99% of the work should be done sober.  Every 4 months or so I’ll trip on LSD, but no more than that.  

I’ve seen people go way off into the weeds by taking their psychedelic trips way too seriously.  The funny thing is, we all know that’s a danger with psychedelics, but it’s so easy to fall into that trap nonetheless.

It takes an intuitive and smart person to know how to draw insights from psychedelics without also getting massively mislead by them.  That’s why I prefer LSD.  I don’t do anything but LSD now because I’ve done it so many times that I can separate the wheat from the chaff when it comes to insights.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Joseph Maynor Ehh let others figure that out for themselves, you just do you. No matter how much you say "that's just a belief and a concept, it's no where near the actual" you're just digging yourself into a hole, and ironically doing the same thing they are doing. What i learned on 5meo is that perceiving others as less realized/conscious than you are is purely ego and just a projection. You're completely alone on this journey to God.

13 minutes ago, JustinS said:

@Joseph Maynor Ehh let others figure that out for themselves, you just do you. No matter how much you say "that's just a belief and a concept, it's no where near the actual" you're just digging yourself into a hole, and ironically doing the same thing they are doing. What i learned on 5meo is that perceiving others as less realized/conscious than you are is purely ego and just a projection. You're completely alone on this journey to God.

In don’t know that I said all that.  I’m just offering my Perspective for what it’s worth.  I want my Perspective to be included in this discussion, that’s all.  What I said is what resonates with me.  And it’s just an honest assessment from my Perspective.  Yeah what I said is blunt, but that’s because I’ve seen so many people get sidetracked on their Enlightenment by improperly interpreting their psychedelic trips (again from my Perspective).  I realize that some people will resonate with me and some people won’t.  But I think it’s important for me and to others to have my Perspective included in this conversation.  Let’s celebrate diversity.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Joseph Maynor K I may have gotten a bit excited there. All I'm getting at is that in my experience the path to enlightenment is a unilateral, personal, intimate thing. Thank you for sharing. 

@Joseph Maynor can you tell me some examples what you mean with improperly interpreting the trips?

On psychedelics I think I could see reality more clearly than on anything else, because of loss of concepts. But this is just my experience

2 hours ago, OBEler said:

@Joseph Maynor can you tell me some examples what you mean with improperly interpreting the trips?

On psychedelics I think I could see reality more clearly than on anything else, because of loss of concepts. But this is just my experience

The idea that you need to ‘see reality more clearly’ is the trap.  Existential Truth is here right now.  Existential Truth is there when you’re sober.  That’s step one.  Step two is to embody Existential Truth.  So Enlightenment is about first locating Existential Truth, and then slowly embodying it.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

1 hour ago, Joseph Maynor said:

The idea that you need to ‘see reality more clearly’ is the trap.  Existential Truth is here right now.  Existential Truth is there when you’re sober.  That’s step one.  Step two is to embody Existential Truth. So Enlightenment is about first locating Existential Truth, and then slowly embodying it.

Nicely said.

Use the Prayer Swat Team!

On 7.7.2018 at 8:01 AM, Pure Imagination said:

If you try 5-meo (or any psychedelic), don’t underestimate how much it WILL change your consciousness. Even if you don’t realize it after coming down. You can’t unsee source after you have experienced it. You can convince yourself you’re the same person, but you’re not. So don’t take the decision to use psychedelics lightly, they will radically change you in ways that you can only pretend to understand. 

People make claims that "it changed my life so much" and ask the details. They have nothing to share, only that it was great expereince. But most still keep old habbits and havent kicked their bad addictions. So what has then changed to those people? 

@Germo you never took psychedelics, did you? Otherwise you would understand what has changed to those people

Eh. Tad melodramatic. Yes 5-MeO awakening is insane. Yes all my awakenings prior were baby shit. But after coming down absolutely nothing changes tbh

Can y'all elaborate on what traps lie in psychedelics, and what false/illusional insights might be derived from them?

About 90% of my spiritual growth has been derived from psychedelics. Now after Ive done about 20 trips my experience of life has changed completely.

So what psychedelic insights and learnings have you received that turned out to be wrong / harmful?

@Darodos The mechanism of "delusion" is active in anything. The radical nature of psychedelic experiences happens to be extremely fertile ground where almost anything is prone to being hijacked by that mechanism and take on a life of its own.

There's not much you can do until you figure out what's true and what's not, and the only tool at your disposal for that, psychedelics or no psychedelics, is brutally honest scrutiny.

Psychedelics don't give you that. Their proper place is as with everything else, subordinate to honest scrutiny. Everything else comes after.

I recently used 5meo. I've noticed a pretty massive shift in my baseline level of consciousness, to the level that I am having random glimpses, and my kriya practice has improved substantionally. These last few mornings during the month I can't help but feel a bleeding inside - familiar to the feeling of deep love - but towards absolutely nothing. It feels impossible to find an expression to it except to just surrender to it and let it be. I didn't even go that deep during the trip, but it was still the most beautiful experience I've ever had. 

I think that if I didn't have a conscious intention to reflect on the experience, and to hold mindfulness/awareness during the day + other practices, then I would return to almost as close to baseline as I was before. The experience echoes into your daily practices and you can deepen the experience if you intend to put your focus/energy into it.

Planning on another trip until I feel ready again