Torch

Murk

98 posts in this topic

Day 2 (yesterday)

8 minutes of yoga 

20 minutes of meditation 

I've just started pranayama and I'm trying to get used to it

Half fail 

I did around 15 minutes of meditation but then sleepiness forced me to go to sleep. I don't have any memory of getting in bed or going to sleep so I just blacked out apparently.

Day 1 (yesterday)

20 min. of meditation 

4 minutes of yoga

I was mostly unconscious while meditating and was only mildly aware of the pain in my legs and hips. I was mostly awake for yoga since I actually had to do something. I might switch from the do nothing form of meditation I've been doing to something else since I keep going unconscious during that time.

Fail

5 minutes into meditation and I already fell asleep. I'm gonna quit the do nothing technique since it's not a good technique for my sleep deprived brain and try another more engaging technique.

Day 1 (yesterday)

20 min. of meditation 

4 min. of yoga

First 5 minutes of meditation went well but then the rest of the session went to shit like it usually does. 

Fail

Couldn't concentrate on following my breath after 5 minues and ended up giving up the whole idea of meditating for the night.

Day 1 (yesterday)

20 minutes of meditation 

4 minutes of yoga

Yesterday I fell back into my addictions so I'm surprised I had the motivation to meditate at all.

2 hours ago, Torch said:

I'm surprised I had the motivation to meditate at all.

Hey, that's great, keep up ;)

Apply consciousness to the burned area

20 hours ago, Azote said:

Hey, that's great, keep up ;)

I'll try

Day 2 (yesterday)

20 min. of meditation 

4 min. of yoga

I fell ten times harder into my addictions than the day before but at least I got some meditation done. Starting today I'm gonna TRY to watch a lot less mindless entertainment.

Day 3 (yesterday)

20 min. of meditation 

4 min. of yoga

My sleepiness wasn't bad until I sat down to meditate. Apparently trying to concentrate on my breath isn't enough to keep me awake since I kept going unconscious.

Fail

Fell asleep unintentionally again. I thought I was finally being consistent but nope.

Day 1

20 min. of meditation 

4 min. of yoga

Concentrating on my breath doesn't seem to be any better than the do nothing technique in terms of me going unconscious. Only thing I was vaguely aware of when I was trying to meditate was my body rocking back and forth. 

Have you tried leo's guided meditation? During my longest streak, I resorted to it on lazy sleepy days

Apply consciousness to the burned area

12 hours ago, Azote said:

Have you tried leo's guided meditation? During my longest streak, I resorted to it on lazy sleepy days

I haven't tried it yet but I'll try it eventually.

Day 2 (yesterday)

5 min. of yoga

20 min. of meditation

The meditation session was wasted in unconsciousness like it usually is but after a few minutes of pranayama I noticed I got a bit of an energy boost and lost the sleepiness. This has been a trend since I started doing it but wasn't entirely sure until now. I should probably switch the order of these two practices around and see what happens.

Fail

Fell asleep for several hours while trying to take a small nap. I'm going to add more techniques and time into my yoga routine when I can trust myself to be more consistent. 

Day 1 (yesterday)

4 min. of yoga 

20 min. of meditation 

Switching the order of these two helped get rid of the sleepiness I usually experience during meditation. The meditation session wasn't the best but at least I was awake for it.

Day 2

4 min. of yoga 

20 min. of meditation 

For whatever reason my exhalation is always longer and more natural than my inhalation and nothing makes this more obvious than pranayama.

Fail.

Same thing as the other day.

On 8/18/2018 at 10:11 AM, Torch said:

Fell asleep for several hours while trying to take a small nap.