Torch

Murk

98 posts in this topic

Another fail

Fell asleep unintentionally again and woke up at 4 in the morning. Somehow the light still being on and the air turned all the way up, making my room very cold, didn't wake me up at all before that. 

Edited by Torch

Day idek

48 minutes total of meditation 

Around 9 minutes of yoga

The 48 minutes were done in different sessions with the longest sit being 18 minutes. Note to self: don't drink more than a little bit of soda before a meditation session or else my stomach will hurt while sitting in half lotus and screw up the sit.

Maybe you could do them early in the morning that way you won't get tired if you got all the sleep you need.

9 hours ago, BjarkeT said:

Maybe you could do them early in the morning that way you won't get tired if you got all the sleep you need.

Well, I work 6 days of the week and I don't have time for that in the morning since I only have enough time to get ready for work so I can't. 

Day 2 (yesterday)

35 min. of meditation 

19 min. of yoga

30 min. of Leo's shamanic breathing technique

I'm just gonna restart the number of days I've been doing meditation and yoga if I miss a single day to see how long I've been doing them without missing a day.

The shamanic breathing technique made parts of my body hotter and made my hands tingle at first. I kept letting my breath slow down because of my sleepiness and I had to keep bringing my attention back to it, to keep doing the technique right so this probably didn't let technique be as effective as it could be.

Another fail.

I thought I got it out of my system but I fell asleep unintentionally again and didn't get to meditate.

Another fail

Sleepiness kept kicking my ass during meditation to the point that even when I was stretching and moving around, I knew I had to lay down and sleep or else I would fall asleep while meditating.

Day 1 (yesterday)

20 min. of meditation 

20 min. of yoga 

Sleepiness was bad during meditation but after an unintentional 20 minute nap, I felt sorta better. The yoga session went better than meditation although I wasn't doing om japa 100% right because I wasn't used to it yet.

Day 2 (yesterday)

One hour of strong determination sitting with meditation 

18 minutes of yoga

20 minutes of visualization 

This was the first time I tried going one hour straight and I kept having to stop after every 10 something minutes or 8 minutes because of my legs getting numb. Plus, I'm pretty sure I fell asleep several times because I don't remember much from that period of time and the hour went by quickly.

Half lotus is pretty hardcore pose for SDS. You sure you are not too harsh on yourself? 

Edited by Azote

Apply consciousness to the burned area

8 hours ago, Azote said:

Half lotus is pretty hardcore pose for SDS. You sure you are not too harsh on yourself? 

I haven't really considered if it was a harsh position for SDS since I just did it out of habit but I guess I should probably do an easier pose for SDS.

Day 3 (yesterday)

20 min. of meditation 

16 min. of yoga

I did meditation in corpse pose because my hips hurt. I procrastinated doing the yoga but I felt better and more clear headed after doing it.

Fail

I barely had any free time yesterday and fell asleep minutes after getting home.

Another Fail

I fell back into my youtube addiction yesterday and that destroyed my willpower to do much of anything else. I disabled the browser that I was using it on so now I'm gonna watch a lot less youtube from now on. 

Day 1

1 hour of meditation 

18 minutes of yoga

The hour wasn't done all at once since I kept interrupting it to wake myself up from a sleep i was getting into. The yoga session wasn't that good because i would lose focus for certain techniques.

Day 2

20 minutes of meditation 

18 minutes of yoga 

I'm just gonna switch over to another simpler kriya yoga book for yoga since ksr has too many techniques that aren't as effective as the main ones.

Fail 

I slept at the wrong time again.

Almost forgot to write this

Fail

I tried to take a fifteen minute nap but then it lasted around 8 hours

Slept at 8 yesterday so ofc I didn't do meditation and yoga

I need to stop forgetting to write here.

Day 1 (yesterday)

4 minutes of yoga

20 minutes of meditation