RichardY

Books on Non-Dual Thinking & Idealism?

3 posts in this topic

Can anyone recommend any books in particular on non dual thinking and Idealism?

Was thinking about reading Carl Jungs's "Mysterium Coniunctionis". and some of Bishop George Berkeley's books about "Subjective Idealism". Looking for a concentrated dose. There's probably other stuff non-book related like taichi, yoga, psychedlics, that might help with an overall body intergrated nondualism. Though I'm focused on the mind, so much stuff out there though. 

Try Thoreau's Walden. It's very subtle... he's not screaming "NONDUALITY!!" at you but if you're well versed in the theory you can't miss it. After all, the whole premise is that this guy is isolating himself in the woods for two years to find his true nature, your self actualization sirens should be blaring just by that fact alone. The insights gleaned from Walden are rather profound.

On the other hand if you know nothing about nondual theory, all the juicy stuff will fly right over your head :)

Edited by RendHeaven

It's Love.

@RendHeaven

Thanks I'll give it a look. I read the Tao Te Ching a while a go, is a pretty short book. Seems to be a theme with non-duality and nature, looking for ways to think a bit more clearly. Might as well read MORE!!! since there's plenty of information available before condensing back in.

Anyone else recommend some books? the meat of the forum perhaps.