Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Speedscarlet

Ramanujan and Namagiri

11 posts in this topic

The famous mathematician, Ramanujan, who lived over 100 years ago, said that all his mathematical discoveries was thanks to an Indian goddess, called Namagiri, who communicated that information to him. His discoveries in Mathematics are so vast that scientists still can’t find practical uses for them. Many of his theorems have become the mathematical backbones of blackholes. Black holes were first mentioned over fourty years after his death. So how was that possible? Is it possible for a deity to actually reveal such information to human beings? How can I have a personal deity who tells me what I want to know?

3 hours ago, Speedscarlet said:

How can I have a personal deity who tells me what I want to know?

Ramanujan was a sort of a mystic. He worshiped goddess Namagiri. He gained psychic powers. 

... but if you worship with desire of acquiring psychic powers, you will not get any results. 

He was born and raised in a different environment and culture in which it was easier for him to become a mystic. 

What Ramanujan did, I consider as misuse of psychic energy, he became ill and died at an early age of 32.

@Prabhaker why wouldn’t it be possible to create your own deity? Many people have done it before. 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

Deities are idealistic forms of the mind, nothing more. Any natural, simple, awakened human being is superior to any Deity. 

8 hours ago, How to be wise said:

why wouldn’t it be possible to create your own deity?

Whenever someone worships, the deity is created. For the worship, the image or idol is taken as divine, so divinity is invoked in it. A prayerful person becomes receptive to higher souls. Wherever you pour your worship it transforms the object, the object becomes a medium.

@Quanty wrong

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

Deities are not higher than an enlightened being.

Believe in yourself and find your own discoveries. The universe is limitless.

@How to be wise , I dislike this video - it is typical of Indian gurus trying to explain spiritual terms. They meander, make things complex, make the enquiring mind look stupid, are anti mind in fact , which defeats the purpose of clarifying anything. Sadhguru is not good at this either. While he may be an enlightened being, he makes a pig's ear of offering clear and concise explanations.

Edited by astrokeen