Charlotte

Music ?

21 posts in this topic

Why is it so powerful? It gives me a feeling I cannot even begin to explain... 

It travels through my entire being.

But why??

Random subject I know. 

Interested to know your opinions? Anybody else feel the same?

I talked once to a psychic who have read my mind & structure, he said that in my case music is a "cellular memory".

I have probably another incarnation living right now (in a simultaneous reality, but another time) with an even deeper connection to music.

He said in my case, music can helps to synchronize the physical body (I don't know what it really means, but yeah I know I can get quickly in trance while listening to music that I like, especially on the mind side, and my vision become sharp, dopamine is rushing, i feel ecstatic).

Edit: he also talked about "music of the spheres" which is a music generated by the sum of all human souls at once, which creates a beautiful symphony (but it's nothing like music on earth).

Edited by Soulbass

I think music speaks to us on the level of Source. Reminds us of home maybe.  

Maybe because you let go of thoughts and all that remains is emotions which allows you to go into deeper state of mind, 

I mean you are not focusing on your thoughts, but melody  , you are pulling yourself apart from "you".

Edited by purerogue

Its called Vibration Love :) Music reminds us more of our natural state through the constant dance of vibrations we feel.

Do several AUM! breaths and notice how amazing you feel afterwards.

B R E A T H E

In the past music was one of the most important things in my life. Everybody has their own taste which they enjoy, but a few months back I noticed that I dont get that "kick" anymore, no genrie gives me gossbumps anymore. Silence is all I need now. I still would prefer that music would give me so many emotions as it did in the past. But im ok with it. Try to enjoy the silence.

Mahadev

I went to a bush doof the other weekend - life changing experience. Just constant doof doof doof, like a heart beat, so powerful! I realised it's all infinite,  it wants to be expressed, and we are the instruments. I thought I understood music, but nooo wayyy! Such a deep realm, so much to explore there. Particular, I was mesmerised to see everybody moving their body in different ways to the music - like it's the grand puppet master, animating these peoples bodies effortlessly. Thought it was pretty rad.

You dont have to think to make music sound good. The good stuff goes straight by your mind into your experience, so it connects with the source quite directly. That plus all the emotional stuff that goes with music, without forgetting the intellectual side also, that musicians and sound orientated people get about music. 

The intellectual goes without thinking too, it's like extra layer to the direct effortless experience. "ahh i love the sound of this song (because the x y z technical thing works so well here and there)!" 

Edited by molosku

'Talking about music is like dancing to architecture.'

What is life? If you read someone's biography, do you know how it felt like to live that life? If someone tells you about a vacation, is it like you have experienced it yourself?

What did it feel like to be 20 years old in 1990 – pre internet, pre mobile phone (mostly, definitely no smart phones), pre social media, pre digital cameras, pre 9-11...?

Why do musical genres emerge in a specific era and either go away or evolve and are never the same again?

Music, like art in general, is an aesthetic expression of what life feels like to the artist in a certain time. Nobody can tell you how that works. No artist can explain it, most wouldn't even aware of what I just 'explained'. It's magical. 

How does this relate to your life? By its nature, music is the individual feeling of the artist to live her or his life in a certain time. Of course, other people live in the same era. Society has certain historic events and developments to deal with. Hopes and fears for the future etc.. The artist is part of society. As a recipient, you receive the expression of individual artist's perspective on both his individual life as well as the collective reality/era that she or he lives in. If it is contemporary, then you get a taste of another person's feeling about his life in the same time you live in. Music can give you another perspective on the time you live in now. It can amplify how you feel about life and society and all the significant events in your lifetime. It co-creates how you feel about the time you live in. What I mean with this is: It's not like you already have a finalised feeling about your life before you hear any music, but you are listening to music while you are developing a feeling for life. Music influences you. Very popular music shapes the feeling of an entire population, lyrics influence the narrative. Lyrics  can be used to shape a planned consensus reality. But I don't want to digress. Also, lyrics transport conceptual content which is non-musical. Music itself (everything that's not lyrics) is by its nature aesthetics, non-conceptual. If the music is older, then you get a feeling of what it felt like to live in that time.  

Edited by mostly harmless

21 minutes ago, mostly harmless said:

'Talking about music is like dancing to architecture.'

Great quote :D Don't challenge me to an architecture dance battle, it will be too modern for you to undestand. 

Music Poetry a good movie, anything that attracts your attention would do the same.

Wow, I like it.
Nice textures, vibe...
Sounds like Chromaphone by AAS (granular synthesis, for percussion sounds, can also do some FM).
I love anything 140 BPM, tho.@molosku

I find this attempt at explaining music amusing.  #facepalm

Edited by mostly harmless