Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
purerogue

Enlightenment rant

12 posts in this topic

I think most people do not understand means of what you must do to get one and that it might not be as pleasant as you think.

It seems people think it is some state and which you are happy and live your life as you used to before, but in endless ecstasy. 

But in reality whole enlightenment is much sadder acknowledgment of reality  from perspective of person who has not let his ego go completely. 

True enlightened person lets go of this world and many things that you must do to let go of it would seem completely immoral for most of you. 

5 minutes ago, purerogue said:

I think most people do not understand means of what you must do... 

... Immoral for most of you. 

So many posts on this forum are generalizing the whole poster/lurker base of actualized.org into a one group, to which people "rant" and "tell how it is". There are multiple levels of actualization here, from trolls to very highly actualized. 

Learn, contribute and give advice. Dont tell. 

Alright, I will give you advice, to enlighten you have to let go of ego , to let go of ego,personality you have to let go of all your fears, anything that is dear to you, I hope you can grasp it. 

33 minutes ago, purerogue said:

Alright, I will give you advice, to enlighten you have to let go of ego , to let go of ego,personality you have to let go of all your fears, anything that is dear to you, I hope you can grasp it. 

Is this advice coming from your own enlightenment experience, or from some other teacher? All things said above are waaaaaay easier said than done. If it were so simple, we all would be letting go of fears, letting go of ego etc. all day non stop, it sound just great! But it isn's so easy or black and white. 

To do it, there are lots of books and videos to read and watch. There is a few megathreads in the meditation subforum. 

Edited by molosku

It is coming from my own experience and from other "teacher", I did not say that it is easy , but it is what it comes down to, most of us are afraid to have no money, let alone all other things that you have to let go of, I like how Leo tells you all about what is reality , but at the same time you all are clinging to it, it is fine if you do not want to attain Enlightenment, but seems silly if that is your purpose. 

@purerogue

There are no prerequisites to enlightenment like having no money or living in isolation. This is a trick of the mind. Ironically, your statement is an idea about enlightenment to which you identify yourself as and thusly cling on to. All MY ideas about it are my identifications and clingings as well. 

Enlightenment is the simple remembering or recognition of what you are. Are you more or less yourself if you have a dollar in your pocket? Are you closer to the truth with no coins in your pocket? 

Refusing possessions and the "mundane" life simply removes distractions out of your mind so you have more time and energy to practise and concentrate. The practises attune you to the truth, but they in themselves are not required. Not required, but necessary. It's a paradox and a feature.

You dont need to practice being yourself, but you do need to pracrice in orded to recognize yourself. 

Potentially, I feel that one of the biggest challenges of becoming enlightened could be that one would become part of an extreme minority (the vast majority of society is 'asleep'). So to be enlightened could mean that you are misunderstood by the majority, most of the time. And as an enlightened being you could see that the majority would benefit from enlightenment and so now your mission is trying to guide the ignorant towards enlightenment. 

I've used the word 'enlightenment' far too many times there xD But hopefully you get what I'm trying to say. The mission to seek enlightenment turns into a mission to help the world follow suit, because it's potentially very difficult to live among the ignorant.

I dunno...just a musing.

I never said that you must be poor, or live in cave, that is your mind trying to find bias toward me, I said you have to let go of fears, that means let go of being afraid that you could have no money and that you could die of having nothing to eat, nowhere to live.

The more you surrender to love the less room for fear to appear. Enlightenment cannot be rushed because anything but "JUST BEING" yourself is resistant to the natural flow of creation and the divine play you have created to begin with. Remember you are infinite intelligence, if you can't trust that infinite intelligence will find itself and sort itself out all on its own, you are disconnecting from that part of your self and limiting your true potential = resistance to the natural flow.

Surrender to the natural flow and everything else naturally falls into place.

Trust the process, All is well :)

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

2 minutes ago, Sparkist said:

Potentially, I feel that one of the biggest challenges of becoming enlightened could be that one would become part of an extreme minority (the vast majority of society is 'asleep'). So to be enlightened could mean that you are misunderstood by the majority, most of the time. And as an enlightened being you could see that the majority would benefit from enlightenment and so now your mission is trying to guide the ignorant towards enlightenment. 

I've used the word 'enlightenment' far too many times there xD But hopefully you get what I'm trying to say. The mission to seek enlightenment turns into a mission to help the world follow suit, because it's potentially very difficult to live among the ignorant.

I dunno...just a musing.

Enlightened person will have no bias toward anyone, that is if he is it this state , not talking about person who has had  enlightenment experience and to be fair most of enlightened people will not bother with teaching anything , he might explain it to people around him who get curious and want to learn , but in all he is not concerned about world, so he needs really good reason unknown to me to even bother doing it. 

The void without love activated is a horror film. 

The void means I do not have a father, a mother, a sister, a nephew, etc.

The void means that my emotions and thoughts and actions are no different than a bird flapping it's wings.

The void means there is no right or wrong. 

The void turns all of society into noise.

The void turns language into a dog barking.

But this is the void without love. Causes lots of zen devils too. They think they are enlightened but devoid of love.

I can not access the void with love yet. The love part doesn't turn on. I have too many shadows. Blame. Resentment. Pride. Lots of demons. So I become a zen devil if I don't ground myself back into ego-mind.

Lots of zen devils access the void but have ego's that are running underneath. You must face the shadows. You can't use enlightenment to run away from your demons. 

That is why I like Leo's approach of talking directly to the ego instead of speaking in riddles all of the time.

Edited by Brittany

You are right, to reach enlightenment you have to let go of a lot of stuff. Well you don't have to, but it happens naturally as the supposed physical world becomes less and less satisfying. 

You will become utterly alone as that is your true nature, materialism will be denounced. You will know what you are, beyond the physical. This is true enlightenment. Ramana Maharishi is a good example of this.