Paulus Amadeus

Tell us where your city is at on the spiral

44 posts in this topic

I thought this might be fun and interesting. 

And a good way to find a good holiday destination that fits your current place on the spiral ;).

My city is Amsterdam, Netherlands. I would say it's ORANGE/green. We have some blue from non-european immigrants but they are going to orange in rapid pace. 

Some psychedelics are legal here (oooooohhh yeaahhhhhhhhhhhh :)), weed is legal and our new mayor is from a politcal party that is called Groen Links (Green Left). But we also have a lot of totally orange businesses and a giant tourist industry that is totally crazy orange. 

Most people are conscious about the enviroment and global warming but don't act on it. Most people think that experiences are more important than possessions, but according to them living in a nice big house is also an experience. But the different stages of the spiral live together quiet peacefully here I have to say. Not a lot of mud throwing. In Amsterdam everyone has been doing there on thing since forever. I guess this is for better and for worse. 

Would be curious to read about other cities!

Uppsala, Sweden. Green mostly it’s uni city so I guess  that explains why. We have plenty of weed smokers xD I’m not into it, but to each their own. Not a lot of business. Lots of parks, recycling is a big thing in the whole of Sweden.

Edited by Spiral

Atlanta, Ga. A mixture of blue, orange and green. Majority orange I would say. They been gentrifing it to hell.

Wrocław, Poland

City mostly orange (60%), a bit of Blue and Green.

However country I would say mainly blue (especially East part, huge influence of Christian tradition)  

btw, nice topic ;)

You are addicted to alcohol? Yhym... Try quitting coffee.

San Francisco, CA

Mix of very heavy Orange and very heavy Green. Usually just very Orange in their metaphysics and rationalist way of seeing the world but also can be very Green at the same time. 

Most people who think of SF as this hippie kingdom, that has been going away as SF is growing more and more each month and year as the tech bubble that it is. 

1 hour ago, Spacious said:

Bristol UK, very Green.

Luton, my hometown, Red-Blue.

Skopje, Macedonia, quite Red-Blue , the youth in the last 5+- years went very orange, with some very rare green. Probably because of the prolonged conflicts between different red/blue groups all over the place.

"If you immediately know the candle-light is fire then the meal was cooked along time ago"

Sydney, Australia - 20% blue 80% orange

One of the greenest places in the US (in my experience): Portland, Oregon.

If you live in other parts of the US (which are mostly heavily orange with some strong blue in the middle parts of the country), I recommend visiting to see what it's like. I used to live in a very, very orange city before, so it was quite a shock when I came here. The heavily green culture helped me a lot with spiritual development, though, and finally shaking off the cocoon of orange. It's not hard to find stage green and sometimes stage yellow people here.

The population in my town is somewhat disproportionately fat and old. There are a significant number of Christians in my area, some of whom would be quite traditional. People in Britain aren't very religious as a whole however. Overall I think that I could say 10% Green, 15% blue and 75% orange for my area.

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

@astrokeen I don't want to specify too much, but West Midlands. Not a city. 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

@lmfao . I'm from thereabouts too. Now even more curious. I'm from a city (only because it's got a cathedral) and the population is mostly young. Leaning more to the left. So 40% green I should think, 20% blue - which is unusual for UK.

Edited by astrokeen

Greater Manchester (UK) red, blue and orange and very small hints of green

Edited by Charlotte

London UK

Very heavy orange often with hints of red. Tiny bits of blue mostly brought from India and Middle East. Growing green but a lot of it is red/orange wearing green mask to enrich themselves. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus