CreamCat

Will my consciousness exist after death?

51 posts in this topic

@CreamCat Consciousness doesn't have a start or end. It is eternal.

This moment you think you're experiencing right now, is actually eternal. It has existed forever and will continue to exist forever.

It just requires enormous degrees of consciousness to notice that.

Once the illusion of time is cracked, everything in your perceptual field will be noticed to exist eternally. You can look at a pencil and notice that it has existed for all of eternity.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

39 minutes ago, CreamCat said:

As a finite ego, I envy infinite consciousness.

Envy feels false. Doesn’t it, just simple put, feel false? Feels inhibitive right?  Why? 

@SoonHei Orders of magnitude....remember that one pebble by the tree that you walked by 6 years ago? ...  See how not-at-all-relative that pebble is to you right now? That’s your life to the magnitude of infinite. It’s not that it’s only a tiny bit relative, it’s that there is no relativity...it didn’t even happen, and You are perfectly at peace and complete.     Like a movie happens on a screen, but really the movie isn’t happening....light from the projector appears as a movie happening on the screen, but you know it’s just light. Look around you right now, that’s “light” appearing as reality.    That is one heck of a projector. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

6 minutes ago, metwinn said:

The ego only exists in this body. where do you think the ego mind tendencies are existing?

Ego mind tendencies are existing in the brain and some of our personality traits  and mind tendencies are highly genetically determined and correlated with certain neuron activities in the brain.So after this body and brain death what happens with ego tendencies if person has not yet stopped identifiying with them..do we reincarnate in another human body with brain similar as ours? I suppose we wouldnt  get completely different mental tendencies 

7 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

Will the exact same (illusion) of life repeat itself over and over again for eternity?

Eternal already means it exists forever.

Imagine every moment of your life is like a frame in a film reel. And this film reel is sitting on a bookshelf, forever. The film reel is never played or repeated. No one is ever going to touch it. It will just sit eternally on the bookshelf.

Now imagine a film reel which contains every possible film that could ever be filmed. All of it sitting on a bookshelf, forever.

That's you.

7 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@CreamCat Consciousness doesn't have a start or end. It is eternal.

This moment you think you're experiencing right now, is actually eternal. It has existed forever and will continue to exist forever.

It just requires enormous degrees of consciousness to notice that.

Once the illusion of time is cracked, everything in your perceptual field will be noticed to exist eternally. You can look at a pencil and notice that it has existed for all of eternity.

2 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

Will the exact same (illusion) of life repeat itself over and over again for eternity?

There is a same theme of masturbation going on on this forum. People want to know how they can live a happier life and nobody seems to be happier after statements like 'you were never born and you're already dead'.....

Journal of Jesus Christ - https://journalofjesuschrist.com

14 minutes ago, DecemberFlower said:

Ego mind tendencies are existing in the brain and some of our personality traits  and mind tendencies are highly genetically determined and correlated with certain neuron activities in the brain.So after this body and brain death what happens with ego tendencies if person has not yet stopped identifiying with them..do we reincarnate in another human body with brain similar as ours? I suppose we wouldnt  get completely different mental tendencies 

The person dies with the death of the body and mind. Your mistaking consciousness with an idea of you. When you die you don't just float off somewhere into another body and carry your ego with you. Thats it, its gone but don't worry this is not the slightest bit important. To reincarnate implies that there is a seperate person to be reincarnated. To me it sounds like you are imagining that there is a your consciousness that lives on after you die, when really there is just consciousness and its always been here and always will be here.

Edited by metwinn

38 minutes ago, DecemberFlower said:

Well someone can have an ego death like plenty people probably had on psychedelics or consistent self inquiry but ego later returns and it surely didnt faded away.And some spiritual teachers like Rupert Spira say that even after full liberation or enlightenment there are leftover ego tendencies or mental habits  which wont go away immediately.There wont be any more identification with them but they will still remain for some time 

When I said ego death .. I wasn't talking about ego death when the body still alive .. I meant ego death when you physically dead 

36 minutes ago, Nahm said:

remember that one pebble by the tree that you walked by 6 years ago? ...  See how not-at-all-relative that pebble is to you right now? That’s your life to the magnitude of infinite.

And, the paradox to this is, pebbles are important. We rearrange them to teach ourselves and everyone else lessons before moving onto infinity. This is our own unique way of shedding light on something. We light up our own little path a bit before moving on. How are you going leave your pebbles behind for others to learn their lessons?

3 minutes ago, metwinn said:

The person dies with the death of the body and mind. Your mistaking consciousness with an idea of you. When you die you don't just float off somewhere into another body and carry your ego with you. Thats it, its gone but don't worry this is not the slightest bit important. To reincarnate implies that there is a seperate person to be reincarnated. 

So someone who failed to realize enlightenment in life of this body mind doesnt have another chance?:|

2 minutes ago, DecemberFlower said:

So someone who failed to realize enlightenment in life of this body mind doesnt have another chance?:|

I still don't think you get it. This body/ mind is the someone. There is no other someone, there is just consciousness. Its hard to grasp if you are new to this but its a very simple mistake you are making and I would love to help you correct it.

Edited by metwinn

Just now, metwinn said:

I still don't think you get it. This body/ mind is the someone. There is no other someone, there is just consciousness.

Yeah from the absolute perspective of the enlightened master but from point of view of a seeker who is not enlightened its different isnt it?

4 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

You are still attaching enlightenment to the ego :P

Glass houses brother.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Jesus, I can feel my ego burning. It's violently fidgeting left and right. It's trying to escape, but there is nowhere to go. It's an eternal purifying fire.

Edited by CreamCat

1 minute ago, DecemberFlower said:

Yeah from the absolute perspective of the enlightened master but from point of view of a seeker who is not enlightened its different isnt it?

Truth is the truth. I'm just trying to help you shift your perspective a little so you can see it.

3 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

You are still attaching enlightenment to the ego :P

No i m not attaching enlightenment to the ego..i understand ego is seen through as an illusion when enlightenment happens and there is no one who got enlightened 

3 minutes ago, DecemberFlower said:

No i m not attaching enlightenment to the ego..i understand ego is seen through as an illusion when enlightenment happens and there is no one who got enlightened 

The you that you identify with right now whether you believe it or not is the ego. 

17 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

So the answer to my question is yes.

Please..

I have always feared that, it is the ultimate nightmare (except the christian Hell but I don't think it exists).

I can imagine you can withstand it because you probably have a decent life, but if someone who has a shitty life gets that knowledge then he is in a kind of inescapable hell.

From the ego's perspective, this can seem like a problem.

But luckily, the ego will die no matter what, and all your worries along with it. So there's nothing to worry about ;)

There is nothing to fear but fear itself.

5 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

How can it be possible that it's never played? I don't understand it. It does seem like it is played ATLEAST one time, probably repeated forever.

Played vs not-played is a duality.

There turns out to be no difference between the two. Everything that is, is also nothing.

From the relative perspective of your ego-mind, it seems to play.

From the absolute perspective, it just sits on a shelf.

From the relative perspective, there is a difference between the relative and the absolute. But from the absolute, there isn't.

44 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Key Elements I don’t see the paradox.

Life is pointless and non-duality, but there's still a phenomenon. And, you're the host. It's all you. Metaphorically, how will you "be of service to your guests?"