Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Santhiphap

Blocking the flow of thoughts?

8 posts in this topic

Sometimes during meditation I notice that I am able to just block off my flow of thoughts.  It feels like a similar mechanism to what happens when your brain muffles your hearing, due to a really loud sound like an emergency siren for example.

It also causes different sensations in the brain that I can't really describe.  Like pressure and/or pulling. Also its like I feel weight on different parts of the brain depending where I induce that "blockade".

I became more interested in using this "skill" lately because it seems like an easy way to find nothingness.  Am I fooling myself?  Does anyone have experience with what I am describing?

I write advice not to convert you to my "truth" but for you in hope that something resonates and you are able to further develop your own "truth"

Maybe blocking is the wrong word. Its more like creating a vacuum if that makes sense.

I write advice not to convert you to my "truth" but for you in hope that something resonates and you are able to further develop your own "truth"

I also have the same sensations, exactly as you describe it; pressure. I'm not sure what it is but I think it's just your "default" state, a state where you have no thoughts but only sensations. So you're becoming more aware of internals of the body. 

Have you noticed any other feelings in the body? Like the heart

Edited by B_Naz

You're not human, you're the universe

@B_Naz  The usual: Heart rate rising, muscle spasms, anxiety etc..

Have you discovered that same "skill" as me though? This mechanism to create that vacuum of no-thought?

@Santhiphap It's not really an off and on switch for me. It just happens in moments. But yes, I have experienced it. It's exactly as you described it. My opinion is that it's your awareness on the actual internal of your body. You should try and even stop the flow of the body? To really detach from the body

You're not human, you're the universe

@B_Naz  

There still is a difference in the process to get there though. I enforce it, like flexing a muscle. 

I am also wondering if that is a legitimate way to nothingness.

58 minutes ago, Santhiphap said:

I became more interested in using this "skill" lately because it seems like an easy way to find nothingness.  Am I fooling myself?  Does anyone have experience with what I am describing?

You can use the thoughts and sensations instead. Let them come and pass without clinging to them let them guide you to what you are.

Yes, or you can crack a little bit the Atlas vertebrae to release the pressure in between the ears and Corpus Callosum will fall into place again.