zoey101

Need some Neck and Back Therapy Advise

41 posts in this topic

@zoey101 Here is a link to another post I made on the forum, red light therapy is a real thing.

Edited by Colin

The kingdom of heaven is within.

Put aside physical exercises, only do light stretches. 

Ground yourself, raise Kundalini, it will heal any injury. Put the water into earth. 

1 hour ago, Colin said:

@zoey101 @Faceless I have seen chiropractic fail with bulging discs in people over several years of treatment. Joe Rogan strait up hates chiropractors and thinks they are frauds.

He described inversion table therapy as being a godsend for back injuries. I only have second-hand information, however.

Inversion tables look something like this.

teeter_contourl5_web_600x600.jpg

Thanks for the suggestion friend..,

I have tried that before. It tan be very useful indeed. I think for my particular condition it is not very helpful and is actually harmful. You see I have a herniated disc, so that separation or decompression of the disc can cause more problems than help. I do recommend that for one who does not have any serious disk issues already though. Also one thing I learned using that, warm up prior to use. You will have much greater results that way. 

For me I have notice that if I relax-lossen the nearby muscles of the torso and hips-glutes, with mayofscial and stretchkng the spine will decompress as a result of that. 

Edited by Faceless

3 hours ago, zoey101 said:

Jesus.. Now you have me a little worried lol 

My chiropractor and physical therapy were pretty much mandated by my lawyer. I think I'm kind of stuck with it for 6 months minimum lol but I will make sure to be careful. 

Be careful buddy. 

1 minute ago, Faceless said:

Be careful buddy. 

I'll do my best :) thank you!

This may help too. When the spine is in alignment everything heals and aligns back to balance :)

B R E A T H E

1 hour ago, Nahm said:

@zoey101 What do you think of Dispenza so far?

I honestly have not had a chance to watch it :( I very RARELY have a chance to get on YouTube :(

I have a back log of videos I need to watch lol

@zoey101 Tried audible / audio books? There are super tiny skin colored single earbuds on amazon. People typically don’t notice them in your ear at all, when they do though, they talk real loud to you cause they think it’s a hearing aid, which is ironically funny. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

24 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@zoey101 Tried audible / audio books? There are super tiny skin colored single earbuds on amazon. People typically don’t notice them in your ear at all, when they do though, they talk real loud to you cause they think it’s a hearing aid, which is ironically funny. 

lol I will have to look into that but I think my job may be a bit suspicious. My hair is really short so I can't even hide it with that lol

Hello don't know if topic is still being viewed but here's my input- an injury like this is best resolved by doing multiple approaches at the same time or in sequence.  Body work, nutrition, & exercise/yoga are the key components.  Most valuable (that I've found) (1)nutrition for soft tissue/discs- collagen, minerals (high in manganese), oils ( cod liver oil, coconut oil,etc.), perna plus (davinci labs), & ligaplex 1/2(standard process labs).  (2) body work- Cox decompression traction, percussive manipulation instruments, radial shockwave therapy, deep tissue laser, iastm, avazzer microcurrent units, vibration platform exercises, massage, cranial sacral therapy, acupuncture, and home traction devices that reestablish cervical curve. (3) exercises- yoga, swimming, walking, bands, pilates,etc.  Hope this helps...

On 9/4/2018 at 7:03 AM, DrJava said:

Hello don't know if topic is still being viewed but here's my input- an injury like this is best resolved by doing multiple approaches at the same time or in sequence.  Body work, nutrition, & exercise/yoga are the key components.  Most valuable (that I've found) (1)nutrition for soft tissue/discs- collagen, minerals (high in manganese), oils ( cod liver oil, coconut oil,etc.), perna plus (davinci labs), & ligaplex 1/2(standard process labs).  (2) body work- Cox decompression traction, percussive manipulation instruments, radial shockwave therapy, deep tissue laser, iastm, avazzer microcurrent units, vibration platform exercises, massage, cranial sacral therapy, acupuncture, and home traction devices that reestablish cervical curve. (3) exercises- yoga, swimming, walking, bands, pilates,etc.  Hope this helps...

Thank you :) I will definitely look into that :D I feel like it's getting better, but I know I still have a ways to go. 

Any advice is helpful :)

The last few months i have been sleeping on the floor again due to some body aches and disharmonious sleep patterns from sleeping on UN-natural soft surfaces and my body and sleep have restored within a week of doing it back to normal. I have no more aches and i am sleeping well again.

Our bodies are not designed to sleep on soft surfaces, we need to sleep on a semi-hard/Firm surface because our skeletal structure needs to hold our body while we sleep not the muscles so if we sleep on soft surface what happens is our muscles end up supporting the weight which stresses the system because you can never go into full deep restore/regeneration mode and our muscles and whole body cannot relax completely.

This is why when we sleep on the floor we also have amazing dreams and wake up refreshed to conquer the world. This is when you have slept good. At first it will be challenging but after a few days to a week you will get used to it. You can add a few blankets or thin layers of something if you have hardwood flooring but other than that you will notice quite the difference in overall health after a while

Japanese/Korean style futons that are about 5 - 10 cm thick would be a good transition or if you have hardwood flooring. A friend of mine sleeps on a yoga mat lol

I noticed this when i was younger sleeping at my friends house in the floor i would have the best dreams and wake up refreshed as ever 5 - 6 am while at home i would sleep until 10 - 11am and wake up all achy and sluggish.

Hope this helps :)

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

@pluto that is it, you inspired me to sleep on the floor again.

3 hours ago, Colin said:

@pluto that is it, you inspired me to sleep on the floor again.

??

B R E A T H E

Many hearing aids specifically do not noticeable, so it can really be a hearing aid. Hell knows. Take for example a company Audiology Island, they make very inconspicuous hearing aids that are inserted deep in the ears. You never know from whom you can find a hearing aid

On 9/9/2018 at 11:32 PM, pluto said:

The last few months i have been sleeping on the floor again due to some body aches and disharmonious sleep patterns from sleeping on UN-natural soft surfaces and my body and sleep have restored within a week of doing it back to normal. I have no more aches and i am sleeping well again.

Our bodies are not designed to sleep on soft surfaces, we need to sleep on a semi-hard/Firm surface because our skeletal structure needs to hold our body while we sleep not the muscles so if we sleep on soft surface what happens is our muscles end up supporting the weight which stresses the system because you can never go into full deep restore/regeneration mode and our muscles and whole body cannot relax completely.

This is why when we sleep on the floor we also have amazing dreams and wake up refreshed to conquer the world. This is when you have slept good. At first it will be challenging but after a few days to a week you will get used to it. You can add a few blankets or thin layers of something if you have hardwood flooring but other than that you will notice quite the difference in overall health after a while

Japanese/Korean style futons that are about 5 - 10 cm thick would be a good transition or if you have hardwood flooring. A friend of mine sleeps on a yoga mat lol

I noticed this when i was younger sleeping at my friends house in the floor i would have the best dreams and wake up refreshed as ever 5 - 6 am while at home i would sleep until 10 - 11am and wake up all achy and sluggish.

Hope this helps :)

wow, thank you. I will look into that for sure!

@zoey101

On 7/2/2018 at 10:36 PM, Faceless said:

I have built up a routine through understanding my own movement patterns and apply techniques that fit my specific situation. I do a lot of myofscial release for stiffness and pain. As far as healing movement-circulation, hydration helps me, as well as yoga, or other mobility based exercise-conditioning. 

Faceless has the right idea. Things like disc bulges/herniations, back pain, neck pain, joint stiffness, and muscle tension are almost always due to repeatedly positioning the body improperly during the activities of life. If you were in a car accident or something similar, that's a little different, but even then the best thing to do is to learn to move and position your body in the way it was intended. I speak from experience in saying that by doing a bit of specifically targeted mindful movement each day, it is possible to experience a drastic reduction in back, neck, joint, and muscle pain in under 30 days.  

Massages and visits to the chiropractor are temporary relief because they don't address the underlying problem.
The issue with things like chiropractors, inversion tables, surgeries, injections, orthotics, wearing braces etc. is that none of those things address the root cause which is most likely the inability to reliably position and move your body in a safe and stable way that protects you from further injury. 
YOU MUST LEARN how to do this, and I know just the guys to teach you!

https://moveu.com

This is MoveU, they used to run a chiropractic clinic in California but got fed up when they realized they weren't actually helping people long term. They sold their clinic and started educating people on how to move safely. One of the founders, Andrew, had a huge disc herniation in his lower back and couldn't walk for months. Fast forward a few years, Andrew does Crossfit competitions and has no pain. Doctors told him he may never walk again and that he'd need surgery. Instead of accepting this diagnosis, he and Mike developed a program of study that has become the main thing MoveU offers, and it's the same process that helped Andrew get to the point where he could live his life without pain again. I've had their education program on my to-do list for a while, I just started it 3 weeks ago and the pain in the front of my right hip is already 90% gone. The program is as cheap as $30/month, the main first part of the program is at least 6 months of 15-20min a day of movements and stretches. If that's too much of a money/time commitment for you, they have a more affordable option that's a searchable library of all the videos they have recorded that show you how to do stretches and movements to help your specific problem. You can searh "Neck Pain" and videos like the following two will show up!

Neck pain is no fun, and nobody should have to live with it. I hope this helps you @zoey101!

Edited by waking_dreams