Recursoinominado

Real Hatha Yoga

11 posts in this topic

Someone here has experience with "real" hatha yoga? By "real" I mean the yoga practiced by serious spiritual seekers/yogis/etc. I tried kriya yoga but it only makes my kundalini awakening symptoms (irritability, anxiety, feeling disconnected, spacey, anger etc) worse, as most spiritual practices does (including basic breath meditation).

As I am gaining more body awareness, I am noticing all my tensions and aches (energy blocks) and hatha yoga seems a nice way to deal with it. I tried some popular yoga routines on YouTube, saw some benefits but I know I can dig a lot deeper with some real hatha yoga but I don't know much about it. I would love some tips of books, YouTube channels, courses or whatever. 

Thanks! 

10 minutes ago, Recursoinominado said:

Someone here has experience with "real" hatha yoga?

Hatha Yoga techniques are monastic techniques intended for people who are totally involved in them for twenty-four hours a day, not doing anything else. If Hatha Yoga is taught to a person who is not totally involved in it it is not going to help much.

29 minutes ago, Prabhaker said:

Hatha Yoga techniques are monastic techniques intended for people who are totally involved in them for twenty-four hours a day, not doing anything else. If Hatha Yoga is taught to a person who is not totally involved in it it is not going to help much.

What is your suggestion? 

I find that even popular youtube videos can be amazing if you make sure to stay on your breath and in your body totally. That should be your prime focus. Explore the body.

Edited by okulele

Use the Prayer Swat Team!

@Recursoinominado Sadhguru has several different programs of Hatha yoga. That's what you're looking for.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 29/06/2018 at 11:05 AM, okulele said:

I find that even popular youtube videos can be amazing if you make sure to stay on your breath and in your body totally. That should be your prime focus. Explore the body.

Thanks, I will keep this in mind!

18 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@Recursoinominado Sadhguru has several different programs of Hatha yoga. That's what you're looking for.

I would love to do one of his programs, unfortunately I live in Brazil and need some online program. 

I found this guy that initially teaches hatha yoga in this course, looks like he knows what he is doing:

Edited by Recursoinominado

@Prabhaker what kind of music should i use? Or is there maybe an official sound track?

The road to God is paved with bliss.

I tried this one and couldnt go past the halfway point. Had to recovr 2 days before thinking of continuing. Yoga kicks your ass, man.So humbling. Much work to do yet.