Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dynamics

Journal- Embodying the Healer archetype

3 posts in this topic

Hi all,

Im currently on a backpacking trip in Peru and the hope is to developp and embodied my healing habilities. I'll post in the next weeks somes updates, when I'll have time, energy and wifi. 

But for now, a little resume off myself that will explain why Im on this trip, wich is a nice existential-spiritual phase of my development. 

Six months ago I took a workshop on Shamanism based on the work of Michael Harner (Its worth looking out if you are interested in these kind of pratice)  Since then I am able to enter transe with ease and use somes basic shamanic techniques. Two months after the workshop some visions started to appear during my meditation and transe practices. When I ask where it was, I could feel and know that it was in Peru. Sometimes some shamans would appear and I had a deep feeling that I needed to meet them.  I had those visions/intuitions every 2-3 weeks for 3 months. At the time I was in preparation for a Phd program so my Ego was like: I have others things to do than going to Peru. There was also a lot of fears due to the lack of financial security. But 1 month ago the calling was to strong, so I put the preparation of the PhD on hold and buy a one way ticket for Peru. Before leaving my intuitions was telling me that I could meet 1,2 or 3 shamans that could help me grow. 

So now I am 2 weeks in. I had quite a lot of kundalini arising and healing of energy block just by going at some locations that I felt the need to visit. But for now, I haven't found the shamans that I felt in meditation

At one occasion in Lima, I recognized the energy of one shaman. Following my intuition I choose a table in a restaurant and wait for him to come speak to me.  After 45 minutes or so, I couldn't feel his presence anymore. I finished my beer and left. That is the closest have been to meet a shaman felt during a meditation. 

On the other hand,  a lot of my intuitions/visions like how and when I will meet others people happened quite accuretly. Also my habilities to work with energy increased a lot. 

Im now in Tarapoto and Im living tomorrow for Chiclayo. I had a good reference for a ayahusca trip there. I will keep you updated. 

Edited by dynamics