Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Elton

Quitting hard addictions

21 posts in this topic

In my journey to self actualisation I remain stuck and my growth is hampered due to my bad addictions.

This journal will be an ultimate guide by reference to whatever techniques I use and study to facilitate my quitting.

So the biggest distraction in my life is smoking,this is no. 1 priority and high alert to quit.

Reasons why I should quit smoking

Increase neural health 

Increase energy

Elivate moods

Save more money

Build successful poweful routunes

Building health to share my gifts and carry out my purpose in life.

Another failure in quitting, hypnosis had helped me before but it's too tedious to do it at nights it affects my sleep quality.. 

Today I'm feeling so at unease and slow , don't understand how to deal with these additions.

I wish I could just dissolve all addictions.. why is it that we need to dissolve one addiction at a time ? 

But dissolving even one addiction at a time would be pretty helpful.

Focusing on the positive

Focusing on the positive ,

Means I focus on the things which can be done, however this approach is not so instant rewarding as I am doing the good things like implementation of meditation and body weight exercises however I also do the smoking part and it's not really facilitating quitting.

Mindfulness will be my next approach..

Mindfulness... all in... from vipassana to labelling and most importantly mindfulness outside formal meditation

I was totally lost and totally backslided over the last two months,

I just don't know how to overcome addictions... It makes me so sad that I keep doing things that gives me Instant pleasure but I feel guilty later on.

At the start the self actualising journey was so beautiful and it was the possibility of my dreams comming true that would make life so interesting.. but now things seems like hell self acceptance is not taking place.

Willingness is a state of mind..

What am I willing to do to achieve the results I want ?

Give my body the respect and protection it deserves.

Saying no to smoking.

because I am willing I will succeed.

Your thoughts create your behaviour if you want to change a behaviour,you change the thought pattern and the behaviour changes automatically.

What are my thought pattern related to smoking?

I'm a slave to addiction.. hmmm

So now I will change this to I am totally free. I am totally free.

The last cigarette I smoked was at 9 30 a.m.   need to get rid of this hard addiction either today or tomorrow.

2 days no smoking tabacoo , today my girlfriend told me it's over.

I felt like shit but I learnt about how we act and we are not the act I actually saw my acting.

I think at this point the self deception series will be very important.

After two days today I had 2 cigarettes and a j. But I ran did little mood journalling will do a little exercises for emotional awareness .

Will see Bruce lee series .

I love myself.

You are not your act.

How are you getting on there buddy? Any luck? I was addicted to smoking too, but smoking weed. Have been off of it for 3 weeks but every day is a struggle. Are you trying to cut down or just go cold turkey?

@Wisebaxter i cut down on weed cigerette and junk food all together and of course alcohol too... Food gives me the most cravings so once a week I can eat some junk food if I want to..

It's been more than 100 days now I used 2020.

New decade new life auxim. 

@Elton Good on you for making it happen pal. I'm still not able to kick the weed. I've just accepted it really, which eases the stress. 

@Wisebaxter thats a great accomplishment self acceptance is very powerful. Congratulations on doing it did you use any specific technique ? Of yes than please share.

8 hours ago, Elton said:

@Wisebaxter thats a great accomplishment self acceptance is very powerful. Congratulations on doing it did you use any specific technique ? Of yes than please share.

Yes, a great a technique you can use is 'intention setting.' So, when you're about to do something you view as abhorrent or bad you can affirm the light in it instead. For example, if junk food is your thing, you say, may every bite of this hotdog free every child slave from emancipation. May every swig on this cherryade liberate every soul from self-loathing and bring them into their highest vibrational timeline. 

So, you're reprogramming your mind to see the perfection in every action. You are affirming the light, as the light that you are. You are God, chewing on a BBQ rib. 

Then afterwards you say 'May this bloated sensation in my stomach allow every soul to be bloated with abundance.'

I think a big part of the suffering caused by addiction, and something that even feeds into it, is the shame we feel at doing it, and what we say to ourselves about why we're doing it. 

This is a great video on intention setting:

Just remember, God can choose to be an addict that feels shit about it, or an addict that sees the behaviour as beautiful divine perfection. Try the latter and see how your experience changes. If a voice said 'this is bullshit,' then that's the next thing in line to be loved and declared as the light. 

Edited by Wisebaxter