Viking

can a special meditation done one time bring results or experiences

9 posts in this topic

for example there's chakra meditations, some osho meditations, which are kind of special and arent done every day.

If I do a certain meditation just one time, can just the nature of the meditation bring me to some higher/calmer/more blissful state, at least for some time? and can it bring about extraordinary states, much more than just "calm"?

for exapmle I do a certain meditation just this once without preperation or anything, and enter an extremely blissful state just like that. is that possible?

and all the impermanent experiences beside, is doing a special meditation once in a while worth it at all? or is meditation should be done everyday for some results?

27 minutes ago, Viking said:

If I do a certain meditation just one time, can just the nature of the meditation bring me to some higher/calmer/more blissful state, at least for some time? and can it bring about extraordinary states, much more than just "calm"?

for exapmle I do a certain meditation just this once without preperation or anything, and enter an extremely blissful state just like that. is that possible?

I guess trying out different meditation techniques leads to a change of perspective and usually yields larger results in my experience. 

I guess anything is possible, you can jump a couple of "levels" during meditation, you can have "extraordinary" insights/experiences. But the deeper the insights/experiences the less likely you are able to integrate them into your daily life consiously as well as subconciously. Your experiences will fade away over time and be clouded by the ego/conditions again. On a very basic level, a calm state reached during meditation might only last for a minute after, or an hour.

50 minutes ago, Viking said:

...or is meditation should be done everyday for some results?

How do you define/measure results?

I believe meditation as well as anything you do in your life will have an everlasting impact on your life.

Its just a matter of how detailed your scale of measurement is.

I write advice not to convert you to my "truth" but for you in hope that something resonates and you are able to further develop your own "truth"

6 minutes ago, Santhiphap said:

But the deeper the insights/experiences the less likely you are able to integrate them into your daily life consiously as well as subconciously

6 minutes ago, Santhiphap said:

How do you define/measure results?

I measure results by the integration of the insights into daily life, but if those insights/experiences are very tough to integrate through singular experiences, then how do I integrate them at all?

I measure results by the integration of the insights into daily life, but if those insights/experiences are very tough to integrate through singular experiences, then how do I integrate them at all?

Sorry, I feel like I do not have enough wisdom to say something about the process of integration.

I could bluntly say make the singular experiences non singular... Our inner guidance will certainly find a way but that's the hard way :D

Would love to hear someone elses take on this. Or maybe Leo has a video on this?

This topic is so complex and difficult to understand and put into structure.

I write advice not to convert you to my "truth" but for you in hope that something resonates and you are able to further develop your own "truth"

On second thought. I am not sure if that wouldn't over complicate things or even be beneficial for the process of integration.

I get a feeling that integration happens automatically and can only be reached by acceptance.

A thing I have learned lately is that all it takes is acceptance. To be able to accept you might want to find why you can't accept in the first place and dig for truth. Or just accept that you can't accept?

I think what Osho is trying to say is that try more diferent things. Just meditating wont get you far. For example in Oshos movie there is a part where he learns to play perfectly a flute and then drop it because the love/passion for music is blocking us to grow. @Viking You asked that is it possible for you to enter blissful state without preperation, ofc it is, by accident. Some people plan it. Both work! but consciously working on it saves you a life. Like you dont want to let accident to guide your life. So investigating your stage that you are in at this moment is super-important. Lets say its "bliss" it can be very state like and enjoyable, but its still a stage. You let insight guide you and not states. Alot of people make that mistake when they try hold on to that state of bliss for forever and not earn insights. Take your time on it. Let loose, take a adventour or make things okay again like they used to be with your fam. etc. just a little courage needed to get going.  Every stage will give you exactly that, that this stage offers. Higher stage you are in then more it offers about yourself. 

Your whole life is a meditation. Every part of it can be meditated. Your being that runs automatically can become meditative. This means that your attention that is used to go into illusions automatically, will now become -> attention moving into reality automatically. That should slowly get into meditative actions and reprogramming from illusions that lead you to bigger understanding.

15 minutes ago, njuufa said:

I think what Osho is trying to say is that try more diferent things. Just meditating wont get you far. For example in Oshos movie there is a part where he learns to play perfectly a flute and then drop it because the love/passion for music is blocking us to grow. @Viking You asked that is it possible for you to enter blissful state without preperation, ofc it is, by accident. Some people plan it. Both work! but consciously working on it saves you a life. Like you dont want to let accident to guide your life. So investigating your stage that you are in at this moment is super-important. Lets say its "bliss" it can be very state like and enjoyable, but its still a stage. You let insight guide you and not states. Alot of people make that mistake when they try hold on to that state of bliss for forever and not earn insights. Take your time on it. Let loose, take a adventour or make things okay again like they used to be with your fam. etc. just a little courage needed to get going.  Every stage will give you exactly that, that this stage offers. Higher stage you are in then more it offers about yourself. 

I have no idea where im heading, therefore I have no clue as to what stage im in, I dont know for what insights to look for and what to contemplate in order to get them.

for example I tried to contemplate what I am,  I understood that I really dont exist inside this body, it's empty, therefore I gotta be or nothing or everything that is in my perception. that made no difference what so ever on how I think about life and I just go about thinking that im this body while if i sit for a while i will remember again i am not. or that or im deceiving myself. that just shows how low i am in terms of growth, I have absolutely no clue about anything and i dont have the slightest idea where to go. 

i remember days after i took lsd i was in such a clear state of mind that i could hear my inner voice, i knew just exactly what to contemplate and where to go, but now my mind is so cluttered i have no idea.

15 minutes ago, njuufa said:

Your whole life is a meditation. Every part of it can be meditated. Your being that runs automatically can become meditative. This means that your attention that is used to go into illusions automatically, will now become -> attention moving into reality automatically. That should slowly get into meditative actions and reprogramming from illusions that lead you to bigger understanding.

i dont understand what youre trying to say

4 hours ago, Santhiphap said:

On second thought. I am not sure if that wouldn't over complicate things or even be beneficial for the process of integration.

I get a feeling that integration happens automatically and can only be reached by acceptance.

A thing I have learned lately is that all it takes is acceptance. To be able to accept you might want to find why you can't accept in the first place and dig for truth. Or just accept that you can't accept?

isnt that just getting blown by the wind whichever way it wants to blow?

Edited by Viking

19 hours ago, Viking said:

I dont know for what insights to look for

i dont have the slightest idea where to go

Thats interesting.  I dont really know how to help with this.  That situation is unfamiliar to me.  Maybe look for what interests/inspires you?  There are so many deeply interesting things to learn and understand and to reflect on.

I have no clue as to what stage im in

I think a "stage" is a generalization which you can make if multiple things seem to move in the same direction.  Dont worry so much about stages.

but now my mind is so cluttered i have no idea.

Then meditate just for calming your mind, to open doors, to see clearer and to find something where it seems to be nothing.

i dont understand what youre trying to say

I think (correct me if I am wrong) what @njuufa was trying to say is that you can learn to meditate at all times, not just while sitting in stillness.  You can use the principles of meditation at any given moment, its just way harder than meditating in stillness because during the daily life there are so many "distractions".  One can practice and master continuous meditation though, even while using all human senses and thought that might distract you and pull you back to your conditioned beliefs and therefore your identification with your ego.

isnt that just getting blown by the wind whichever way it wants to blow?

Yes, you could say that i guess.

The definition of insight quoted from Leos Blog:

in·sight

noun

penetrating mental vision or discernment.

the sudden act of grasping the inner nature or truth of a situation.

a deep understanding of a person or thing.

synonyms: intuition, discernment, perception, awareness, understanding, comprehension, grasp, apprehension, penetration, acumen, perspicacity, acuity, vision, wisdom, recognition, realization, epiphany, ah-ha moment

Integration may happen when you dissolve illusionary beliefs.

Dissolving illusionary beliefs may happen when you gain insights.

Gaining insights may happen when you are open minded and ready to view things from another perspective.

Open mindedness may happen if you accept that things might not be the way you think.

Idealistically speaking, integrating truth does not take any effort because there is no way to integrate truth without fully understanding/experiencing the truth.  Whats taking effort is actually "hypnotizing" yourself with new illusionary beliefs which is what our ego does all the time.  I wouldn't judge those beliefs as good or bad though.  I think they all bring us closer to the truth and are an inevitable process to truth.  Every movement brings us closer to truth even if it doesn't look like it.  There is no regression.  I think of it like a spiral (like as in spiral dynamics).  You re-evaluate your beliefs again and again, overthrowing your beliefs, gaining deeper insights each time.  Until you eventually awaken/enlighten and see everything as it truly is.

Hope this helps.  And again, don't take anything I write for granted, I am quiet certain I make many mistakes.  This is just what I came up with while trying to wrap my head around it as best as I can. :D

Edited by Santhiphap

On 6/26/2018 at 2:20 PM, Viking said:

It depends on the person, there are people who have higher consciousness but they have never heard about meditation. They can enter into a blissful state by doing a meditation or even without doing a meditation.