phoenix666

longterm thinking - a little motivation

8 posts in this topic

when it comes to being a strategic Mofo (xD still loving that video title) and longterm thinking, we tend to think about the future and our vision. but it can be every bit as useful if we turn it around. when we get stuck, frustrated, demotivated, inpatient and start doubting ourselves this can be very motivating. ask yourself:

where was I one year ago? 

stop for a second and think back. you don't need to share it, if you don't want. just think about it. what kind of person were you even 3 months ago? half a year ago? maybe before you discovered Actualized.org? before your first retreat? before your first trip? before starting a yoga or meditation practice?

holy moly, this can bring me to tears if I actually think about it. 

pat yourself on the back, you're doing great. you're perfect <3

thank you so much Leo and to all of you kind souls on this forum:x

whatever arises, love that

11 minutes ago, egoeimai said:

Oh that's beautiful,thank you! 

I'm glad you've grown! 

thank you, I'm glad it touched you <3

9 minutes ago, Outer said:

I don't think this is useful to me because it's an autobiographical exercise. That's the essence of ego.

hmm, probably..

but why would that be a 'bad' thing? the ego is not the enemy. I'm not here to eliminate my ego. I'd like to integrate it. the whole 'ego is bad' thing is what makes it flare up, I feel.. 

1 hour ago, Outer said:

You only need to want to change yourself in a loving way.

very true <3 

or maybe even better ..to fully accept and love yourself exactly how you are in this present moment. and be witness of change arising from that very place. but that's difficult..

2 hours ago, Hello from Russia said:

Resonates so much. I have the same feelings when I think about my past

so glad to hear that:x everything is here to help us grow. 

Phoenix, thank you for posting this! I do that exact thing sometimes when I'm feeling lost. Looking back to where I was 2 years ago, I realize that I'm a lot more found than I thought I was. This is a hazy path for me, and hard to gauge progress. It's hard to see where I'm going, or even where I am sometimes, but I can always look behind me and see where I've been.

58 minutes ago, PsiloPutty said:

Phoenix, thank you for posting this! I do that exact thing sometimes when I'm feeling lost. Looking back to where I was 2 years ago, I realize that I'm a lot more found than I thought I was. This is a hazy path for me, and hard to gauge progress. It's hard to see where I'm going, or even where I am sometimes, but I can always look behind me and see where I've been.

this resonates so much with me <3 hazy path indeed, sometimes. yes, the vision gets foggy sometimes.. then looking back can be so grounding and soothing. we're in this together <3