Shine

Isolated deeply lonely

4 posts in this topic

Hi, I am new to this forum, in fact have not ever done anything like this. I am older, (48) and no longer have any real and dear friends. I have a beautiful partner and two grown children. I have a couple of superficial friends, and I used to have a really dear friend, however this person stopped talking to me suddenly. We were friends for almost 15 years, and this has hit really hard. I miss having her friendship because we talked about the deeper experience of life, and I trusted her completely. Now I have friends who I can share small talk. I miss having a reciprocal life enhancing friend. I’m really confused trying to work out what went wrong. One day we were talking as we always have, and then she never answered a call or text again, (I know she’s not dead)! I wonder if there are others feeling profoundly lonely in life. I am interested in how others might deal with loneliness. I miss having someone to nut out the deeper experiences in life. It’s not just that I miss being able to talk to her, I miss our deep conversations and feeling like I could also be a support in someone else’s life. It’s interconnection that I miss so much. I feel sad, and profoundly lonely. I’m not great at small talk, I can do it, and I get that it is an important part of life but I’m talking Buber ‘I and thou’ sort of communication.

Thank you, I didn’t expect any sort of response so quickly. It means so much, just brought me to tears, in a good way. Thnk you

I’m sorry to hear that. I have been through loneliness also... it’s hell...

A great place to find fulfilling friendships is at a yoga studio. 

Even thou you can make friends here online, face-to-face connections are far superior.

in my case, I found two amazing friends at ayahuasca ceremonies that happen here in Brazil.

Wishing you all the best! ?

I feel you on this one. I too dont open up to people easily. I crave deeper conversations and most people want to talk about such lame things. Being incapable of caring about 95% of conversation topics doesn't help I guess lol 

Anyways I am telling you this because I was only lonely because I had this belief that who I am is represented by who I am friends with. I no longer identify myself with anyone but myself. I am still learning to be better at this but the frame of my new character is built and I am liking the layout. The loneliness has vanished under my new belief system.