B_Naz

In and out during meditation

10 posts in this topic

So recently, I've had some weird experiences when meditating.

So when I meditate, I tend to lose track of time and then... Lose everything? I'm not thinking, I'm not doing anything, I'm letting everything go and when this happens, I lose track of everything. I feel like I've lost in time, but then I come back and I'm all okay. I have a "what the fuck did I even do" moment. Then I feel guilty because I feel like I just wasted time? I probably shouldn't feel like this but I think this guilt comes from sleeping?

I'm worried that this is happening because I'm just tired and fall asleep. Lately I've been extremely tired, but I do keep a upright position so I try not to fall asleep.

The guilt comes because I think I've just fallen asleep?

Is this me just going to sleep, or is there something significant here?

You're not human, you're the universe

Awaken Kundalini and you will be able to stay as much as you want in a sleep state, conscious. 

You have just noticed your true nature. It is not in space/time.

It's quite special, but I just feel like it's sleeping and I feel guilty. Maybe I'm trying to hard to meditate, :/ 

Edited by B_Naz

2 hours ago, B_Naz said:

I tend to lose track of time and then... Lose everything? I'm not thinking, I'm not doing anything, I'm letting everything go and when this happens, I lose track of everything.

This is a description of 'the goal of meditation' so to speak. IOW your true nature, no-thing at all.

If you start thinking about this you start creating a description of it and that is not it.

I just watched an interview with Jan Essman, a shaktipat master. He mentioned that earlier in his meditations he would get what he called "unconscious samadhi". He described it just as you do. There would be just nothing, but he was sure he wasn't sleeping.

Use the Prayer Swat Team!

You're not nodding off or anything? No jerking yourself upright from time to time? If you can be sure that it's not sleep, I think it sounds like a huge deal!

2 hours ago, okulele said:

I just watched an interview with Jan Essman, a shaktipat master. He mentioned that earlier in his meditations he would get what he called "unconscious samadhi". He described it just as you do. There would be just nothing, but he was sure he wasn't sleeping.

I'm not even sure If I am sleeping or not, but it does feel like I am though. 

1 hour ago, PsiloPutty said:

You're not nodding off or anything? No jerking yourself upright from time to time? If you can be sure that it's not sleep, I think it sounds like a huge deal!

Yeah, I don't jerk myself up, I just get into my start position and just go on from there. See, I don't know if it is sleep or not. But I think it is sleeping, but the main issue is, am I just sleeping? Is this something I have to correct or should I go with it :/ 

1 hour ago, Nahm said:

It’s sleep. Dozin off, and ‘losing’ consciousness. Get enough sleep and meditate in the morning?

Good advice,  I guess that's one way of avoiding the sleepy meditation and a habit I need to get into.