cle103

Psychedelics and Yoga are bad? Conflicting advice from teachers

107 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, robdl said:

The sick feeling arises, then thought-self reactively seeks security in the knowledge/understanding of the nature of the feeling.  Thought perpetuating thought/fear.  Observe this knowledge-seeking reaction.

Yeah @Charlotte

i wouldn’t worry about the reaction of thought itself, but just see that the self reacts to thought, and that reaction can manifest physically. Simply there was a reaction to thought. 

I would just keep exploring how thought causes action and reaction and so on. Also as robdl says about how thought will seek security in figuring something out. This implies awareness. 

Edited by Faceless

5 minutes ago, Faceless said:

@Charlotte

I would just keep exploring how thought causes action and reaction and so on. Also as robdl says about how thought will seek security in figuring something out. This implies awareness. 

Yeah, thought-self with its habitual tendency to want to figure out/to know; to create a problem and then go about trying to answer/solve it --- therefore self-perpetuating.

31 minutes ago, Faceless said:

Yeah @Charlotte

i wouldn’t worry about the reaction of thought itself, but just see that the self reacts to thought, and that reaction can manifest physically. Simply there was a reaction to thought. 

to see any reaction to thought can manifest physically as a sick feeling, or also as a pleasurable feeling.  Then one can develop a kind of equanimity to the sensations, without becoming concerned/identified with what's happening, whether nice feeling or bad feeling.  To be passive/non-reactive to the sensations, "good" or "bad" (as thought-self reactively labels them).

Then total observation into the interplay of thought/sensation will be seen for simply the movement of thought-self, without investment/attachment in any of the specific thought-sensation content.

Edited by robdl

Ever notice that thought-self only cares about thought content, and not the whole process of the movement of thought-self?    It's total observation that sees the whole process for what it is, and thought-self only perpetuates through concern/identification with the content.  Naturally, a self-perpetuating thought loop is only concerned with its own content and it can't see wholly that it is a loop (loop being just an approximate analogy here).

Whenever there's concern with the specific content of thought/sensation, one can be pretty well-assured that it is thought-self in operation.

Edited by robdl

@cle103  

Your teacher clearly talks from experiences of what she has saw. Patterns where people dont follow their deeply meaningful path end up hurting themselves. This must happen alot with psychadelics and kriya, because its so easy to get your hands on these things and turn it into a mess. But thats not enough for saying these things dont matter or are "dangerous". I have not done pshychadelics yet, but I think its because of lack of awareness that people suggest you to follow other paths. They obviously are afraid to guide you, because they have diferent experiences. I believe anyone who claims himself Noble One can give you advise no matter what path you are in. If you want easy way you have to follow the methods he used, but its not fully yours then and results might not satisfy you. 

If she doesnt trust herself to guide you then you must let her go and keep trying to finish it some other way. Whatever your path is, anything can happen, as it must. If your path is 100% authentic and you are aware of progress then congrats! You are on a right track. 

"when the wrong man uses the right means, the right means work in the wrong way" - from chinese classics.

@njuufa Hmm, yeah, she's very certain that psychedelics are the wrong path as it burns karma as she puts it.