Charlotte

Consciousness/infinite intelligence

47 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, lmfao said:

Leo described infinite intelligence as a facet of consciousness.

Just look at a simple flower. Really observe it without mental commentary,judgement,or that it's "just a flower". The intricate detail,color,precision,and care with which it was created. There is beaming life and intelligence in what we "think" we know and call a flower. Reducing it,by giving it a name like flower,reduces it to a mere object with no life or noteworthy qualities. Observe anything,a tree,a bird,an ant without mental commentary,or labeling it as a tree,bird etc., for even 1 minute,and you will perceive it in a totally different way. Even if it's just for that one minute.

8 minutes ago, Charlotte said:

@robdlOh fuck! It's just hit me! I see it. They ARE the same thing! I see the connection. Fear and desire is an escape from what is. So anything that seeks security from what is, is thought/self? In ALL cases? 

Haha - cool.  Glad it's clicking :D.

You're on your way, Charlotte.  We're walking this together.  

@Faceless ♥️?

@who chit  

I totally agree. Thanks for your input.

I don't wish to sound like a know it all or anything but I generally do this anyway. This is one of the reasons I feel so connected.

Don't ask me why or how but I don't view things for how it could serve me, or the name given by some scientist or even the information the scientists hold about it, I view them for what they truly are most of the time without minimal mental labeling as possible. 

@robdl ???

It is noteworthy to add that as one progresses on the path the capacity to connect to that
higher dimension of intelligence, your  higher dimension of intelligence, that is responsible for deep insights,higher knowledge,realizations, and wisdom opens up.

Then it will be experientially known,and not belief or theory.

You could say... Consciousness is an expression of infinite intelligence.

As Infinite Intelligence is an expression of ALL THAT IS.

or you could not ;)

B R E A T H E

@who chit Even if I'm in a nondual state and am connected deeply to the present moment, I don't see "intelligence" in my experience. I understand what you mean when you ask someone to pay attention to their experience whilst not giving any energy to the abstractions they concoct about their experience. There is unfathomable depth to conscious experience indeed, but the word "intelligence" isn't something which points towards experience for me. There can be interconnectedness between things, but I still don't resonate with the word "intelligence" because I see that word as a relatively useless abstraction about reality.

I think the "problem" here is just that my image of intelligence is different to the image of intelligence you're trying to convey. We both have perhaps  experienced the same thing, it's just that we describe it differently. 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

Intelligent in that it is independently self-aware,self-illuminating
If inquiring who what is conscious,it is revealed that only consciousness is conscious.
who or what is aware? only awareness is aware.

It’s so intelligent, it can genuinly ask itself what it is, and innocently believe an answer is coming. That’s a maddening level of intelligence to pull that off, and an obvious unconditional love.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

12 minutes ago, Nahm said:

It’s so intelligent, it can genuinly ask itself what it is, and innocently believe an answer is coming. That’s a maddening level of intelligence to pull that off, and an obvious unconditional love.

Ain't that just the damndest thing..xD

6 hours ago, Nahm said:

Beautiful <3

6 hours ago, Nahm said:

@who chit Yeah..but..seriously though...what am I?

?

what is the sound of one hand clapping? 

On 6/25/2018 at 5:37 PM, lmfao said:

There is unfathomable depth to conscious experience indeed, but the word "intelligence" isn't something which points towards experience for me. There can be interconnectedness between things, but I still don't resonate with the word "intelligence" because I see that word as a relatively useless abstraction about reality.

That's cause you assume you've become conscious of intellignece. But you haven't.

You haven't gone deep enough. When you do, you'll know why we call it intelligence, and not something else.

Same with "God". Those who haven't gone deep enough will not understand why that word is used. That's cause you haven't discovered God yet, so the word is meaningless to you.

It's deeper than you can possibly know. Keep digging and stay humble.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

12 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Same with "God". Those who haven't gone deep enough will not understand why that word is used. That's cause you haven't discovered God yet, so the word is meaningless to you.

this is so true. 

I've never been a religious person. I've been an atheist for as long as I can remember. I hated everything around church as a child and teen. 

but now, the deeper I go, the more I find myself using religious vocabulary and analogies. they just seem to fit. it's hard to express some of the stuff and religious jargon just seems the most ...appropriate. 

one year ago I would have laughed at myself using words like love, god, trust, prayer, surrender.. but they are strong. I get the essence of every religion now and that they point to the same thing, consciousness.

whatever arises, love that

@Leo Gura

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

With inquiry,you get the answer every time.
Who/What is aware?  or  Who/What am I?  Is no different.

The one asking the question,is looking for an object. An object,the I thought identity,looking for an object.
You ,the I that is aware/conscious, is not an object,so an object is not going to be found.
Thus,the untrue,false identity I thought, disappears.
 And silent,pure Awareness,True I, is left.

To be aware,is to be. So be silent,be still and just be.

Edited by who chit

44 minutes ago, who chit said:

With inquiry,you get the answer every time.
Who/What is aware?  or  Who/What am I?  Is no different.

The one asking the question,is looking for an object. An object,the I thought identity,looking for an object.
You ,the I that is aware/conscious, is not an object,so an object is not going to be found.
Thus,the untrue,false identity I thought, disappears.
 And silent,pure Awareness,True I, is left.

To be aware,is to be. So be silent,be still and just be.

Indeed. The I-thought, like any other thought, is the effect of thought seeking security/attachment/identity, and then is the cause/breeds further security-seeking/attachment/identity with thoughts/thought-objects.  Cause is effect is cause. Thought-self is a self-feeding movement.

So where there is pure observation with no identification, no attachment, no fear, no movement-from-what-is, then nothing is nourishing I-thought.

Edited by robdl

14 minutes ago, robdl said:

So where there is no identification, no attachment, no fear, no movement-from-what-is, then nothing is nourishing I-thought.

Only thought breeds identification. When thought ceases to identify with perception, contact, sensation, then that implies desire as the i has ceased to manifest in association to such sensations. 

In this the process of time as the self is not perpetuated. 

The beauty of Timelessnesss 

Edited by Faceless