Brittany

Is Gary Vaynerchuk (Gary Vee) an enlightened entrepreneur?

12 posts in this topic

Quotes by Gary Vee:

"I live my life out of body." @15.48

'People always ask me if I meditate and I always say no. Because I don't. I feel like I am meditating at all times. I will tell you, there is a lot of me that wishes modern science was further. I am dying to know what I am made of. I am so calm man. I am telling you, I will fall apart and cry on this floor right now if someone texts me or my sister tells me she is diagnosed with a terminal illness. But if you take the health of like 8 people out of the equation then I am completely unbeatable. I am unmovable. I am at such calm and peace. And I am watching myself at all times." @16.14

"The thing that is keeping me up at night in excitement is we know nothing about the brain. And so for me, I am really trying to figure that out because I think that variable is extraordinary." @34.11

Source:

Other Gary Vee quotes:

"I believe I'm the greatest. I also believe I barely matter. Balancing those two forces gives me the room to "do me".

"99% of the things around us don't matter."

"People are chasing cash, not happiness. When you chase money, you're going to lose. You're just going to. Even if you get the money, you're not going to be happy." 

"How you make your money is more important than how much you make."

"We do not understand anything about the brain"

"I am spend a disproportionate amount of time on HR because I am literally trying to build the reverse of what Steve Jobs did. Steve Jobs built an empire on building a dick face. I want to build an empire on being awesome."

"There are two ways to build the biggest building in town: 1. Build the biggest building in town. 2. Tear down all the other buildings around you."

"Stop tearing down everyone else's "buildings" THATS LOSER SHIT .. if you are a true winner - just build it."

"Family 1st! Entrepreneur 2nd"

"Having the humility to know you're not shit, and having the confidence to know you're special"

Edited by Brittany

@Brittany Nah. Orange combined with green. Maybe some shades of yellow.

”Unaccompanied by positive action, rest may only depress you.” -- George Leonard

1 hour ago, kieranperez said:

Pure Orange

I thought that too at first, but I saw that he cares a lot about other people and doesn't have a problem when it comes to being emotional and showing vulnerability. Further more he said that he wants to become the best by building the biggest building in town and not by demolishing other buildings down, which a pure orange person would not have any problem doing.

He also doesn't want success at all costs, he builds others up and he loves the feeling of belonging to a community, which can be characteristics of green.

”Unaccompanied by positive action, rest may only depress you.” -- George Leonard

No. He is more like Leo Gura. 

He focusses too much on Indigo and Orange. 

he is like a crack addict in many ways if you take a closer look. deals are the crack for him. 

grant cardone, gary w, tony robbins, tai lopez, any of these, very high on orange, slight doses of blue/green/yellow

That's how a psychologically healthy, successful person looks like.

But that's nowhere close to Enlightenment in my opinion.

I was wondering about Gary V too! He’s fairly orange, but I totally love him. He’s helped me so much. Having read his books I think he’s a deep soul at heart. Even if he’s orange.. he’s a great person I think 

I feel the same! Something about Gary Vee just "feels right". I can't explain it. His stuff feels ego-less. I can't exactly describe it. But the more I watch his videos, they feel like "his ego is not there"..... he is a badass entrepreneur but there is no ego that is gaining anything from his success or failures.

And then him saying that "I feel like I am meditating at all times." is kind of trippy. What does he mean by that? 

It makes me wonder if he is enlightened but still just plays the game because it's fun for him.

Edited by Brittany

Gary V is great! He does get quite deep sometimes. He says that he contemplates death a lot and thinks about that everyday. Yes, he’s obsessed with success and being the best. But everyone has to go through ‘orange’ and I think he’s a fine mentor in the success category. My business wouldn’t be the same without him. 

@Brittany  Not even 1% close to enlightenment. I love the guy, but no, he is not enlightened. He would be able to become though if he would be willing to drop pragmatism.