Leo Gura

Spiral Dynamics Stage Orange Examples Mega-Thread

1,482 posts in this topic

Amazon’s “Cinderella,” 2021. It's marketed as being very “woke,” but it seems to be a Stage Orange Cinderella fighting a Stage Blue society, with nods to Stage Green such as a non-binary fairy godmother. I found it painful to watch, but my spiral dynamics analysis got me through the film. Three of five stars for educational purposes. https://www.amazon.com/Cinderella-Camila-Cabello/dp/B097YYZ87F

From my perspective a lot of this is actually stage red disguising as orange, I think actual orange stuff are many of those motivational speeches, Steve Jobs, lots of scientists, atheists, liberals, but they do have strong ethics. According to my observation most often their perspective on climate change is not denial but that technology will fix it. Many also think technology will solve all of our diseases, including ageing. Denial of it is also denial of science, which is more of a blue thing (even though a lot of scientists are blue and not all people in blue are denying climate change). A lot of Leo's older content might have orange aspects according to my observation (many mentions of the word success are an example of that). After all this is just my point of view, and there are other equally valid points of view :)

Often overlooked causes of spiritual regression are exposure to free glutamate and EMF's. For me personally the REID program has helped me a lot, but everyone walks their own path and what has a profound impact for one person might be negligible for another.

My all time favourite example of orange taking the piss out of green, it can't be beaten.

https://youtu.be/38hiqW2E88A

From UK Sitcom 'The I.T Crowd'

Edited by -Rowan
Added source

18 hours ago, Hap E-Boi said:

From my perspective a lot of this is actually stage red disguising as orange, I think actual orange stuff are many of those motivational speeches, Steve Jobs, lots of scientists, atheists, liberals, but they do have strong ethics.

It's useful to view each proceeding stage as a synthesis of the previous stages (dialecticism; thesis -><- antithesis => synthesis). In other words, the clash between Red (thesis) and Blue (antithesis) resolves to Orange (synthesis). The synthesis is not merely the operation of adding each trait of the previous stages together, but there is an act of "emergence": parts coming together to make up a whole where the sum of the parts are not reducible to each part. It's just like how hydrogen and oxygen join to make up water; where each part has different chemical properties in isolation, but when they exist as a part of the whole, they produce some completely new properties.

When you recognize this perspective, you'll see that each stage has its own ethical dimension (ways of determining what is good). It's not that Blue is ethical and Red is not. It's just that Blue ethics is very different from Red ethics (and Orange and Green ethics etc.). The lower stages all have their own ethics, but of course they're more limited than the higher stages (smaller circle of concern). The mistake I'm pointing to is to view a concept like ethics as if it has a objective basis and that one stage has a stronger coherence with this basis than another. No -- rather, ethics is completely relative one's own survival values and hence one's own stage of development.

This means that to evaluate the ethical conduct of Orange by comparing it to say Blue ethics becomes a bit problematic. There are many ways that Orange will act that it will justify through ethical argumentation that goes completely against Blue ethics. One obvious example is gay marriage: Blue thinks that to stray from well-established, traditional, tried-and-tested survival techniques is unethical, while Orange -- who invented ideas like individual rights and reason -- thinks anything which unreasonably contradicts one's right to individual expression is unethical. Likewise, Red ethics is very different and tends to be based on things like strength, loyality, and pride. This doesn't mean that Orange or Blue or Red cannot agree on some issues; it's only that you have to use different arguments to persuade them.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

The limits of the limits of Orange. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

3 hours ago, Rilles said:

The limits of the limits of Orange. 

Omg it's Grant Cardone!

I remember listening to his 10x audiobook tons of times! 

It can be very effective at motivating you to do stuff, but his excessive praise to vMEME Orange can be quite toxic as well.

4 minutes ago, Bernardo Carleial said:

Omg it's Grant Cardone!

I remember listening to his 10x audiobook tons of times! 

It can be very effective at motivating you to do stuff, but his excessive praise to vMEME Orange can be quite toxic as well.

He has clearly brainwashed his child with an extreme Orange mentality, a 10 year old child should not be thinking about work. And the amount of make-up she has on is very toxic as well. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

Just now, Rilles said:

the amount of make-up she has on is very toxic as well. 

You bet!

And the way which she delivers that speech is very artificial,  seems like a celebrity speech for charity or at the Oscars, but quite off, because she doesn't have enough life experiences to grasp the significance of these things...

TITLE: WEIRDOS and Heroes in local government: News from around Washington State

Megan McCain literally named here daughter: Liberty

Conservative group-think is so thick you can cut it with a butter-knife and make sandwiches to feed your whole family.

:D :D :D

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Jacob, 12 year old, trader and a Thatcher Fan.

The video is in english with french subtitles. 

Came across this by accident.

But oh boy, imagine being such a big materialist you deny even science

Stories are made for children to fall asleep, and adults to wake up.

Every word from him is Stage Orange with both its healthy and dark side

Edited by docs20