Leo Gura

Spiral Dynamics Stage Orange Examples Mega-Thread

1,482 posts in this topic

An articulate concise argument for the superiority of hard & soft sciences in comparison to religion in advancing the human understanding of the  world.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

TITLE: As rising violent crime turns Atlanta into a ‘warzone,’ residents disagree on a solution

stage blue, stage orange, and stage green reaction to crime

The worst city. . . . probably.

Edited by Extreme Z7

image.png

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

I disagree with their solution at the end, I  find it too Libertarian. 

But the Documentary as a whole is very good

I would say that bodybuilding, Crossfit, crash dieting, calorie counting are pretty stage Orange. Well pro sports in general actually.

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

Got the guns to protect myself
Got the banks to protect my wealth
Got the laws that are keeping me safe
Got the jails gunna lock you away
Feel it in my blood, feel it in my bones
It's in everything I love, everything I know.

Stage Orange co-opting Green as a survival strategy.

20210901_194328.jpg

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

This video covers both vMEME Yellow and vMEME Orange.

If you're talking about the actual mechanics of how to develop a program with an algorithm  that is capable of gathering as much data as possible from its users, putting into a psychometric chart, so that it can know how to present them with content which makes them more engaged to their platforms, that's vMEME Yellow. 

But if you're talking about the ethical issues of having your personal information(data) being violated by big tech companies in order "to sell" to companies in exchange for sponsored ads, or to make their users so addicted to their social media platforms to the point of ruining their lives and disrupting the "social order",  just because it is profitable for companies like Facebook and Google to do so, that's vMEME Orange.

Because the main theme of the Documentary it's to discuss about the ethical misconducts of social media, and its effects on society, I decided to post in the vMEME Orange thread.

Edited by Bernardo Carleial

Illuminating to learn about some of the ways tech companies try to control the media in order to manipulate the narratives told about their products.

“What do University of Wisconsin MBA’s learn about how to succeed in marketing? Discover what consumers want to buy, and give it to them with both barrels. Sell more, keep your job! How do marketers often translate these ‘rules’ into action on food? Our limbic brains love sugar,fat, salt (scarce and high energy). So, formulate products to deliver these. Perhaps add low cost ingredients to boost profit margins. Then ‘supersize’ to sell more (# users x amount/user). And advertise/promote to lock in ‘heavy users.’ Plenty of guilt to go around here!"

Bob Drane, brand developer, considered to be "the father" of Lunchables food franchise.

Great movie that shows the limits of Orange in the beginning of the 20th century. Also shows a historical transition from Blue to Orange and the conflicts that arise. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

Apparently there is a "war on cars" now.

This is stage orange using conservative values to sell propaganda to a blue audience.

beep boop

https://www.amazon.com/Salt-Sugar-Fat-Giants-Hooked/dp/0771057105

This is an Amazing book which talks about how processed food companies(vMEME Orange) manipulate their ingredients(sometimes at a molecular level) in order increase they're levels of salt, sugar and fat as much as possible,  because they have figured it out that this is what can make their products more addictive to consumers,  even at the cost of their own health.

The way they do this is by misleading information via advertising by their costumers and by lobbying the government and the FDA to approve certain policies that might benefit them. It not always works,  and sometimes they get backfired 

I could go on and on talking about the book, but I really recommend that you guys go read it if you like this topic. I'll leave you with some excerpts from the book:

"Salt, sugar, and fat are the foundation of processed food, and the overriding question the companies have in determining the formulations of their products is how much they need of each to achieve the maximum allure. It’s simply not in the nature of these companies to care about the consumer in an empathetic way. They are preoccupied with other matters,like crushing their rivals, beating them to the punch. The grocery store, after all, is littered with the results of their war to outsell one another by arming theirproducts with more salt, sugar, and fat. Witness what happened when Post started coating its cereal with sugar: Rivals came out with versions that went as high as 70 percent. Or look at what happened when Hershey introduced its mega-chocolate cookie in 2003: Kraft responded by rolling out a slew of fattier, sweeter Oreos."

"Besides being fiercely competitive, food companies are also deeply obligated toward their shareholders. When companies like Campbell say they will not compromise on taste in lowering the salt, sugar, or fat content of their products, they’re not thinking about the consumer’s welfare; they’re thinking about consumption and sales. As well they should, if they’re going to survive. Making money is the sole reason they exist—or so says Wall Street, which is there, at every turn, to remind them of this."

“Nestlé is a Swiss bank that prints food."

51hw92L0ihL._AC_SY780_.jpg

Edited by Bernardo Carleial