Leo Gura

Spiral Dynamics Stage Orange Examples Mega-Thread

1,482 posts in this topic

This is about as "evil" as Orange gets:

If you read his book you will also notice that he started out as a stage Blue straight-laced Protestant. Then went toxic Orange. Now evolved into Green.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Dragon Liege I  cannot put him as orange , he has a lot of yellow values. The egoism he provokes its not the bad term of egoistic character who does't give a damn about humanity. I believe his points are very deep and is very easy to paraphrase him or demonize him about being egoistic. For me is a lot of yellow. 

3 hours ago, Megan Alecia said:

noticeably more rigid than yellow

Yellow is rigid?

I'm not friendly.

4 hours ago, Megan Alecia said:

Prototypical orange (noticeably more rigid than yellow).

Funny enough he practices Transcendental Meditation and funds it.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

4 hours ago, Megan Alecia said:

Prototypical orange (noticeably more rigid than yellow).

What orange did you find here? He is as yellow as it gets in business and he is super fluid intellectually

Edited by Hello from Russia

@Hello from Russia he doesn't use the data to interconnect anything, talks about weaknesses/strengths management stuff. Rationalist (he has a video titled holy grail which purely talks about business strategy stuff. 

This is yellow. So is chomsky

Edited by Megan Alecia

"We are like the spider. We weave our life and then move along in it. We are like the dreamer who dreams and then lives in the dream. This is true for the entire universe."

-- The Upanishads

Encyclopedia

@Evil Raccoon Maybe this is just me but I think if you're yellow you're not quite "there" yet. Guys like Jung and McKenna and Chomsky had their own little biases... while someone like Alan Watts, who I can confidently call Turquoise had a more relaxed vibe to him. No longer "on a mission" (at least consciousness-wise).

Edited by Megan Alecia

"We are like the spider. We weave our life and then move along in it. We are like the dreamer who dreams and then lives in the dream. This is true for the entire universe."

-- The Upanishads

Encyclopedia

@Megan Alecia talking about business strategy doesn't automatically peg him into orange, it's just his occupation, what else he'd talk about? 

The point is how he talks about it. And his views on business, economics, politics, society, leadership I found yellow as fuck. Especially leadership and how he manages his company. 

He talks about management so much because his company makes management educational courses and what they teach is very yellow and cutting edge stuff as management goes

Yes, he doesn't use plain data as his #1 tool which is actually what distinguishes him further from orange. The guy is way more intuitive. 

His emphasis on values and life purpose (he calls it mission) in employees is also very yellow approach. His whole management approach is super yellow. It looks like a very flattened democracy. He also emphasizes radical honesty, transparency and epistemology both in his teachings and in his company. And he is actually acting as an example. 

This guy is one of the most developed guys in the business world, he is clearly not orange. And running a business corporation doesn't automatically equate a person with being an orange, that's just wrong. What is more true is that business at each stage has certain distinct qualities, in other words, is done in different ways. And this guy clearly shows how a stage yellow person would run the corporation

Also, rationality exists at different stages. Peter Ralston, for example, is a huge master in rationality we could say, but we probably wouldn't put this guy at orange. Or even yellow, for that matter. Because the way he uses it is very different

@Hello from Russia

You're likely right. 

Dude's woke. 

-- The Upanishads

Encyclopedia

@Megan Alecia his book "Principles" Is amazing. Hands down the best business book I've ever read. This guy really deserves his billions of $$ with how he navigates through stuff epistemologically. 

And his leadership/management stuff is very inspiring as well, I found may things I'll probably try to implement iemploye in my own businesses once I start getting some employees

11 hours ago, Megan Alecia said:

@Evil Raccoon Maybe this is just me but I think if you're yellow you're not quite "there" yet. Guys like Jung and McKenna and Chomsky had their own little biases...

Or it’s just that no one is strictly ONE color from the spiral and that someone can have different depths of each color.Humans are complex creatures.

I'm not friendly.