Leo Gura

Spiral Dynamics Stage Orange Examples Mega-Thread

1,482 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Evil Raccoon said:

@Loving Radiance I dunno, on how to be a "Spiral Wizard" to adapt to certain situations.Like if u're in the hood or some shit you're probably gonna get your ass kicked if you go Green/Hippie or Blue/Dweeb mode when interacting with people.

I wanna see him go Beige and suck his thumb.

Dont look at me! Look inside!

I don't know very much about Teddy Roosevelt to place him anywhere on the Spiral.

But I found this speech he supposedly gave quite inspiring.

I wanna say this is healthy Orange. Or maybe it's healthy Blue. Either way there is little healthy Orange in this subforum here at all. So here's something.

Edited by ItsNick

Stories are made for children to fall asleep, and adults to wake up.

8 hours ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

ORANGE at least believes in Democracy

Not necessarily, not automatically. Be careful with pigeonholing Orange to this one kind of government.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

4 hours ago, ItsNick said:

I don't know very much about Teddy Roosevelt to place him anywhere on the Spiral.

But I found this speech he supposedly gave quite inspiring.

I wanna say this is healthy Orange. Or maybe it's healthy Blue. Either way there is little healthy Orange in this subforum here at all. So here's something.

Teddy Roosevelt was one of the most interesting people to ever end up in the Oval Office, but make no mistake he was also an unabashed Imperialist, and romanticized War as a noble endeavour. He has elements of both Blue and Orange.

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

This was my favourite video when I was an edgelord atheist. Still alot of good insights in it thought! 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

On 1/15/2021 at 2:12 AM, Leo Gura said:

Not necessarily, not automatically. Be careful with pigeonholing Orange to this one kind of government.

But Leo! You said in the stage Red episode that despite being greedy and selfish Orange, unlike Red,  was for Democracy while Red wanted a Totalitarian regime.

I'm not friendly.

There is this book I'm reading, that when describing the way that the pre-socratic philosophers were thinking, stresses how different it was from "our" current way of thinking, using words like "concrete", "simplistic", "childlike", "direct" etc.. This reminds me of Piaget's "concrete operational cognition", which is analogous to Blue, but not quite Orange (that would be "formal operational"). In this stage, logical operations are possible, but hypothetical and abstract thinking is limited.

It gives the impression that the ability to think rationally wasn't simply an untapped resource in the human that was ready to be expressed given the correct circumstances (social and economic security -> increased freetime). It was rather a result of a complex, incremental, and transactional process of individual geniuses impacting culture and culture impacting other individual geniuses, and over time establishing a theoretical base that allowed others to be better inclined to evolve in that direction.

A stage of cognitive development that virtually all children in modern societies will reach by age 11 is only possible because the culture is fully established in formal operational cognition. The first Greek philosophers, who were fully grown adults 2500 years ago, had to pull themselves up by their bootstraps while pushing the edge of the culture to barely even touch that. They didn't have the luxury of piggybacking on thousands of years of development.

Imagine how incredibly inconvenient and slow your progress would be if you had no previously established theoretical frameworks to work with. On top of that, imagine yourself as essentially an 11 year old trying to figure out how the pieces are supposed to fit. Imagine the genius it takes to make any progress under those conditions. This truly demonstrates the influence that time has on culture and culture has on individuals. In this sense, regarding the fear that most people are will never be able to reach Tier 2 cognition, I believe the future looks way more promising than we could ever imagine.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Great video by Russell Brant on unregulated capitalism & private cooperate lobbying in the Uk with the effects being financial profit over human wellbeing this case being reduced amount as well as lower quality food for working class children in relative poverty.

On 1/14/2021 at 6:42 PM, Husseinisdoingfine said:

I'm going to have to stop you right there, he belongs in the RED category.

ORANGE at least believes in Democracy, he's a king so that automatically excludes him. This bastard was responsible for the BRUTAL murder of Jamal Khashoggi and his idiodic family is funding ISIS and working with Israel and the U.S. to take down Iran.

nope he is orange not red. killing Jamal was "necessary" as he was actually funding and supporting anti-Saudi organization. Putin does a lot of these things but still He is orange. The other things you said are essentially bullshit. 

I am the only thing stopping myself from receiving infinite Love form Myself. I am Infinite Love for god sake.

On 1/14/2021 at 6:42 PM, Husseinisdoingfine said:

ORANGE at least believes in Democracy

He found himself as a king. He won't just give away monarchy. you are asking him to die essentially.

I am the only thing stopping myself from receiving infinite Love form Myself. I am Infinite Love for god sake.

The work of Steven Pinker comes to mind when trying to come up with examples of contemporary public intellectuals who display some of the Healthier aspects of the Orange vMeme.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Pinker

Pinker's academic specializations are visual cognition and psycholinguistics. His experimental subjects include mental imagery, shape recognition, visual attention, children's language development, regular and irregular phenomena in language, the neural bases of words and grammar, and the psychology of cooperation and communication, including euphemism, innuendo, emotional expression, and common knowledge. He has written two technical books that proposed a general theory of language acquisition and applied it to children's learning of verbs. In particular, his work with Alan Prince published in 1989 critiqued the connectionist model of how children acquire the past tense of English verbs, arguing instead that children use default rules such as adding "-ed" to make regular forms, sometimes in error, but are obliged to learn irregular forms one by one.

Pinker is also the author of eight books for general audiences. The Language Instinct (1994), How the Mind Works (1997), Words and Rules (2000), The Blank Slate (2002), and The Stuff of Thought (2007), describe aspects of psycholinguistics and cognitive science, and include accounts of his own research, arguing that language is an innate behavior shaped by natural selection and adapted to our communication needs. Pinker's The Sense of Style (2014), is a general language-oriented style guide.[9]

Pinker's book The Better Angels of Our Nature (2011) argues that violence in human societies has generally steadily declined over time, and identifies six major causes of this decline. Enlightenment Now (2018) uses social science data to show a general improvement of the human condition over recent history.

pinker2.jpg

81j7g4R1rtL.jpg

Edited by DocWatts

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

Go down the rabbithole of " A day in the life of *blank* . Quite insightfull. 

🗣️🗯️  personal dev Log Lyfe Journal 🗿🎭 ~ Raw , Emotional, Unfiltered

On 12/13/2020 at 5:56 PM, Raphael said:

How about spiritual awakening? He mentions Actualized.org also