Leo Gura

Spiral Dynamics Stage Orange Examples Mega-Thread

1,482 posts in this topic

@Extreme Z7

Yes, that's probably the case. Also, the computer that I bought is just a laptop dedicated to web development so it's not a highly powerful machine, but I was happy to see that it was able to run Crysis.

16 hours ago, VerballyHazardous said:

i don't see many AAA game companies really pushing and revolutionizing the gaming industry

Why would they be? The purpose of most AAA game companies is maximizing profits, not creating art.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

not cd project red those guys are passionate about their work and it really shows for example the witcher 3 , they are the most respected game company in the industry especially cause they listen to their fans and are able to deliver the full package.

its insane the level of detail and work they put in compared to most popular games which are just simply a cashgrab

you can see how passionate the developers about their work and how much they care about the product

@Leo Gura

@Bryanbrax After the success of Cyberpunk, they will soon be corrupted. Their top talent will burn out and leave and CD Projekt Red will turn into EA, Blizzard, Bethesda, Bioware. That's what always happens. The more success they get, the more money they earn, the bigger their hits, the more corrupt and heartless they become.

Once you reach that level of success and size, it all becomes a corporate machine and it will never be about the art.

AAA game development is basically unsustainable from a creative/artistic POV. It's fucking meatgrinder.

@Leo Gura Honestly, I’m not sure how successful Cyberpunk is going to be. It’s been in development for a looong time now which from what I can tell isn’t usually a sign of high quality final product, plus the gameplay we have seen seems kinda shallow and dated. I get the feeling this could be another Watchdogs in the making, which would mean they’re already engaged in Stage Orange devilry through deceptive advertising :ph34r:

“All you need is Love” - John Lennon

5 minutes ago, Apparition of Jack said:

@Leo Gura Honestly, I’m not sure how successful Cyberpunk is going to be. It’s been in development for a looong time now which from what I can tell isn’t usually a sign of high quality final product, plus the gameplay we have seen seems kinda shallow and dated. I get the feeling this could be another Watchdogs in the making, which would mean they’re already engaged in Stage Orange devilry through deceptive advertising :ph34r:

I bet it will probably get a 9/10 or 10/10 rating and sell something like 30+ million copies. Unless it turns out to be turd.

I think they've been developing it so long because they know if they can hit a 9/10 rating they will earn a billion dollars off this title. So it's really in their benefit to make it good.

If it matches the quality of Witch 3, they will earn a billion dollars.

6 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I bet it will probably get a 9/10 or 10/10 rating and sell something like 30+ million copies. Unless it turns out to be turd.

I think they've been developing it so long because they know if they can hit a 9/10 rating they will earn a billion dollars off this title. So it's really in their benefit to make it good.

Hey Leo, I remember you mentioning in your vids that you worked in the games industry at one point, just wondering what your role was? Artist? Producer? Programmer? Been a bit curious about this for awhile, since I've been in the industry as well.

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

4 minutes ago, DocWatts said:

Hey Leo, I remember you mentioning in your vids that you worked in the games industry at one point, just wondering what your role was? Artist? Producer? Programmer? Been a bit curious about this for awhile, since I've been in the industry as well.

I was strictly a designer. Although when I worked on my own projects I would do art and coding as well.

CD Projekt Red actually emailed me about 8 years ago asking me to join them on Witcher 3's development. But I said no because I was starting Actualized. If I had said yes, I would probably be working on Cyberpunk right now. But I have zero interest in working for anyone but myself, and certainly not in the giant meatgrinder of AAA development.

That game looks so fun and I want to play it on the google streaming service but I hope my internet isn't throttled when I do cause apparently you can burn through 1tb in a month of streaming that game.

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

I was strictly a designer. Although when I worked on my own projects I would do art and coding as well.

Red Projekt Red actually emailed me about 8 years ago asking me to join them on Witcher 3's development. But I said no because I was starting Actualized.org

Right on. When you look back, do you see you time in the Games Industry as positive on the whole, or did burnout and corportatization leave a bad taste in your mouth? I know the industry has a (deservedly) bad rap for shitty labor practices and working conditions, essentially taking advantage of people's passion and framing it as a priveledge to work crunch time to meet a deadline.

I was incredibly fortunate to land a gig with a smaller studio that has more Green aligned values, hopefully we'll see more of that over time, as people get burned out and end up leaving the industry.

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

Complimenting people, praising them, putting dreams into their minds, saying how great their company is, etc. are classic stage orange manipulation tactics to get people to work a lot without getting paid a lot.

Don't bless me father for I have sinned ?

Edited by Evil Raccoon

I'm not friendly.

Edited by Enlightenment

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk