Leo Gura

Spiral Dynamics Stage Orange Examples Mega-Thread

1,482 posts in this topic

21 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Trump. At least partially. He's not a violent Red, but still.

Yea but it’s sometimes hard for me to see it. I guess he is selfish, impulsive and doesn’t care that much about being a “good politician”, which something orange would care about. It’s more about dominating people for him, like a high school bully.

“Many talk like philosophers yet live like fools.” — Proverb

@Derek White the inner impulse for dominance and slightly choleric outbreaks are all signs of red - a highschool bully bullying is always red. you could always ask how much red is in orange or how much yellow potential. a person always has a mixture of colours and very seldomly is always at home in their dominant spiral stage. stage red usually is ego outbreaks at its finest, if you would say trump twittering is the way he uses his pen... well ?

Trump bought the Death Note lmao, the official oneshot is on the Shonen Jump website.

9C3B6E55-02D1-42A5-92E6-5E3A8EFFEFC7.jpeg

You have been gifted the Golden Kappa~! 

14 minutes ago, Thewritersunion said:

Trump bought the Death Note lmao, the official oneshot is on the Shonen Jump website.

9C3B6E55-02D1-42A5-92E6-5E3A8EFFEFC7.jpeg

I'd say Minoru was stage orange, as he just wanted to make money by selling the thing.

@tenta Trump bought the Death Note lmao, the official oneshot is on the Shonen Jump website.

Nani ;)

You have been gifted the Golden Kappa~! 

23 minutes ago, Thewritersunion said:

@tenta Trump bought the Death Note lmao, the official oneshot is on the Shonen Jump website.

Nani ;)

Yeah I know, you said that and I read it before seeing this.

Edited by tenta

The title and the thumbnail speak for themselves. The title is paradoxical.

“Many talk like philosophers yet live like fools.” — Proverb

I saw this advert today and saw it as Orange mocking green. Is this accurate?

An Orange materialist misunderstanding Green & Turquoise:

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

To me "The Invention of Lying" is a perfect encapsulation of stage Orange attitudes religion/spirituality. In the movie Ricky Gervais' character is the first human in history to be able to lie, and so he uses this ability to "make up" stories of God, the afterlife and so on.

“All you need is Love” - John Lennon

@leogura I’m curious why you cite visual art such as cubism, abstract expressionism, and surrealism as stage orange examples. I’ve always considered surrealism to be similar to dreams/visual mystical experiences. And art in general has a transcendent quality to it, does it not? 

Just now, dmwrss said:

@leogura I’m curious why you cite visual art such as cubism, abstract expressionism, and surrealism as stage orange examples. I’ve always considered surrealism to be similar to dreams/visual mystical experiences. And art in general has a transcendent quality to it, does it not? 

If I had to posit a guess, it would be because cubism, expressionism etc. was a reaction of the stuffy formalism of the stage Blue society it came form, and was used to express things like individualism, self-identity, one's own passion, the absurdity of excessive formalism such that was found in classical art, and so on. It's not really Green because it's not expressing feelings of love, humanity, ecology, etc and its not Turquoise because it wasn't really about mystical insights and oneness, although it may have had some Green elements to it.

On 3/4/2020 at 0:11 AM, Apparition of Jack said:

If I had to posit a guess, it would be because cubism, expressionism etc. was a reaction of the stuffy formalism of the stage Blue society it came form, and was used to express things like individualism, self-identity, one's own passion, the absurdity of excessive formalism such that was found in classical art, and so on. It's not really Green because it's not expressing feelings of love, humanity, ecology, etc and its not Turquoise because it wasn't really about mystical insights and oneness, although it may have had some Green elements to it.

That's a good explanation.

If you studied art history you know most of Western art since Christ was about religious propaganda and displays of civilizational power. Portraits of kings, etc. That was stage Blue.

Then came Impressionism, Post-Impressionism, Picasso, Abstract Expressionism, Andy Warhol, etc. which threw that stage Blue paradigm in the trash in favor of individualistic artistic expression, materialism, breaking conventions, etc. Stage Green didn't really exist back then.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

The limits of Stage Orange, watch this guy slowly go Green over the next few years :P 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

This is Stage Orange in a nutshell IMO, everything from the desire to make a lot of money, to playing devil’s advocate and making fun of traditions, and indulging in materialistic hedonism:

Edited by Apparition of Jack

The things listed were also difficult questions in their time, so it's better to see who the best and most benevolent candidate is instead of being against them because of the details.

rgv0reaxeemy.png

A common theme i see with orange comment sections (on Youtube or other social medias) is that people start to "out own" or "debunk" the other by being "more rational". This eventually devolve into a hive of people trying to pull the others down emotionally by mocking their replies, pointing out the wrongs, ect, like crabs in a barrel. Another phenomena with orange (this one is rather humorous) is "IQ bragging". This happens out of pure insecurity and victim mentallity of people at the orange stage, blaming their failures to them simply "being too smart"

Tl8RfJ8.jpg

d9vrp4mw0k131.jpg

Edited by VerballyHazardous
Typo