Leo Gura

Spiral Dynamics Stage Orange Examples Mega-Thread

1,484 posts in this topic

“We have two ears and one mouth so we can listen twice as much as we speak." -Epictetus

Not sure if any of you are hip hop heads, but I wanted to share this song as a sharp contrast of Drake at stage orange and 21 Savage at stage red.

Although stage red and orange have many similarities; they are both highly competitive, achievement-oriented, confident, and ambitious, there is a clear difference between the two that is articulated in this song.  Drake starts off the song "I would have you court side, not the middle row." Drake is passionate and ambitious, but cool and confident at the same time. He's not angry, he's comfortable, not trying too hard to be on top. "Plus I'm cooking up ambition on the kitchen stove." 21 meanwhile, starts off his part in the song with the line "You a pussyyyyyyyyyy." You get the passion and the ambition from him, but there's an anger and a frustration coming out in his speech. He's angry at the world and he wants to be on top, everyone else get out of my way. "He came in a Rolls, but he left in a stretcher." Drake wants to be on top as well, but he's not going to step on anyone trying to get there. Sure, he wants the money, the fame, the success, but this masculine, machismo facade has been softened. He doesn't feel the need to insult others or brag about his guns.. and hey, he might even buy you courts side seats if your his friend. Its the win-win mindset at stage orange. My competitiveness will help me and you. We can climb up together. Stage red wants to crush its opponents at all costs. 

A lot of this I think has to do with the way these two rappers grew up. From my understanding, Drake was well off growing up, splitting time in Toronto, Canada with his Mom and Memphis, Tennessee with his dad, who is also a musical artist. 21 on the other hand grew up in the hoods of Atlanta, where I'm going to assume stage red is the baseline. He is a very successful rapper now, but has not been able to climb out of the stage red mindset. Or maybe he has, but his raps still embody stage red because that is what got him famous. 

Best of luck to them both. 

Edited by Spiritual Warrior

“We have two ears and one mouth so we can listen twice as much as we speak." -Epictetus

"True crime" Youtuber capitalizes on the recent murder of an 11-year-old boy taking requested autopsy photos and putting it behind a paywall:

Very good Analysis on the exploitive side of marketing that it's developed by vMEME Orange Brands

Another video I found interesting is this one about Steam sales tactics 

not gonna lie sometimes I could use some accountability. Not to the extreme of getting physically beat up wow 

Edited by mmKay

🗣️🗯️  personal dev Log Lyfe Journal 🗿🎭 ~ Raw , Emotional, Unfiltered

"During the gold rush it's a good time to be in the pick and shovel business.” - Mark Twain

This could also be applied to NFTs. There are those that fall for the gold rush and then there are those that capitalize off of them (which can also turn into another sort of "meta gold rush").

Edited by DefinitelyNotARobot

beep boop

This is hilarious, one of the biggest retailers for "spiritual" crystals is pure orange. 

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

Corruption.

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

Very good example of vMEME Orange Corporate Dickery

Edited by Bernardo Carleial