Charlotte

Selfish enlightenment?

37 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, Charlotte said:

Is seeking enlightenment selfish and self absorbed?

How can seeking be selfish when there is no seeker?

And why does one continue to seek if they see that there is no seeker? 

Could it be that the very seeking sustains the continuity of the seeker? Psychological preservation..

And if that is so, we can say that the seeker is still caught in the illusion that the seeker is different from that which it seeks? 

This movement of progression speaks for itself. One is still acting in accordance to fragmentation, TIME. Fear seeking security in thought/time, which is one and the same movement of and as the self. 

Edited by Faceless

53 minutes ago, Faceless said:

Could it be that the very seeking sustains the continuity of the seeker? Psychological preservation..

And if that is so, we can say that the seeker is still caught in the illusion that the seeker is different from that which it seeks? 

This movement of progression speaks for itself. One is still acting in accordance to fragmentation, TIME. Fear seeking security in thought/time, which is one and the same movement of and as the self. 

Yup. If there is still seeking in spite of seeing there is no seeker, then “there is no seeker” was not a holistic insight, fact, but just a concept/memory/idea/form of knowledge (all movement of thought/past/time/self).

Thought has sought security in an idea and then further movement of seeking/fear has been perpetuated, because seeking security only breeds insecurity; Fear breeding fear; ego perpetuation.

Edited by robdl

25 minutes ago, robdl said:

Yup. If there is still seeking in spite of seeing there is no seeker, then “there is no seeker” was not a holistic insight, fact, but just a concept/memory/idea/form of knowledge (all movement of thought/past/time/self).

Thought has sought security in an idea and then further movement of seeking/fear has been perpetuated, because seeking security only breeds insecurity; Fear breeding fear; ego perpetuation.

Precisely...well said.

13 hours ago, Brittany said:

I don't think it's possible for something to not be selfish.

After having the experience we can be sure about this, when you look at this people they seem selfish from our perspective, but I'm not quite sure what do they experience;

11 hours ago, Faceless said:

Ofcourse there is a seeker, it's just a dream character seeking dream stuff in a dream world.

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.

1 hour ago, Dodo said:

Ofcourse there is a seeker, it's just a dream character seeking dream stuff in a dream world.

Well keep dreaming dodo ?

@Nahm

But Is freedom at the end, or the beginning? 

Edited by Faceless

And seeing that the seeker and that which it seeks is a dream, why does one constantly move to evade fear? 

Could it be that “the dreamer” is still unaware that the dreamer and fear are one and the same movement of hope, a movement seeking security in time. 

Edited by Faceless

@Faceless Sure, could be that. Paradoxically, only the “individual” (ego realized for what it is...lol isn’t) would know, or specifically un-know. I suppose some people are freed from seeking, some by realizing the seeking is itself seeking. Fear can end when Self is realized with or without seeking. Others could use non-seeking as a means of more subtly not realizing Self, as in, living in fear while genuinly believing they are realized. Anything is possible. One person could be realized and not actualized, another actualized and never realized. One could non-experience actual Self, never having experienced no self, another the reverse. Infinite dreams any combination of these “things”. I think a fun question is really which matters? Jk. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

49 minutes ago, Faceless said:

And seeing that the seeker and that which it seeks is a dream, why does one constantly move to evade fear? 

Could it be that “the dreamer” is still unaware that the dreamer and fear are one and the same movement of hope, a movement seeking security in time. 

When I dream at night there are different types of dreams. I can put them in three categories: 

1) Dreams in which I am not aware that I'm dreaming and also I am not very aware of being in the dream at all. This makes for pretty unconscious dreams in which very weird things can happen.

2) Dreams in which I am not aware that I'm dreaming, but still within the dream I am very much aware that I'm there. Those dreams become much more meaningful and structured. They follow some sort of "experiential pattern" of pleasure and pain. I've experienced much suffering in such dreams, which turns to pleasure when I wake up, because I realise "PHEW IT WAS ONLY A DREAM"

3) The dreams in which I am lucid, knowing I'm dreaming inside the dream and knowing my body is safe and sound asleep. With this realisation comes the realisation that everything I do will be without consequences and I can basically do whatever my subconscious allows me. 

Sidenote: when I try to be naughty in a lucid dream I can quickly lose lucidity, kicked out by God, the subconscious. 

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.

1 hour ago, Dodo said:

When I dream at night there are different types of dreams. I can put them in three categories: 

1) Dreams in which I am not aware that I'm dreaming and also I am not very aware of being in the dream at all. This makes for pretty unconscious dreams in which very weird things can happen.

2) Dreams in which I am not aware that I'm dreaming, but still within the dream I am very much aware that I'm there. Those dreams become much more meaningful and structured. They follow some sort of "experiential pattern" of pleasure and pain. I've experienced much suffering in such dreams, which turns to pleasure when I wake up, because I realise "PHEW IT WAS ONLY A DREAM"

3) The dreams in which I am lucid, knowing I'm dreaming inside the dream and knowing my body is safe and sound asleep. With this realisation comes the realisation that everything I do will be without consequences and I can basically do whatever my subconscious allows me. 

Sidenote: when I try to be naughty in a lucid dream I can quickly lose lucidity, kicked out by God, the subconscious. 

Interesting. 

I don’t dream anymore and I don’t remeber that well any past dreams. 

When the movement of thought ceases to manifest in daily life, there is no dreaming when asleep. It’s quite nice. 

Thanks for the reply buddy. 

1 hour ago, Faceless said:

Interesting. 

When the movement of thought ceases to manifest in daily life, there is no dreaming when asleep. It’s quite nice. 

I also don't dream and/or I don't have dream recall anymore. It's been many years (8, I think). Most likely it's that I don't have dream recall, since I hear everyone is suppose to dream. 

Anyways, it "normal" for me now, but when I think about others having nightly dreams and I dont, its odd. They deal with 3 states, waking, dreaming and deep sleep. I only have 2, waking and deep sleep. I'm glad I don't have a third anymore. .lol.

It's hard for me to remember nightly dreaming also. 

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

1 hour ago, Faceless said:

Interesting. 

To me, dreams do not depend on thoughts. 

It is even a bit too arrogant to suggest so, since the origin of dreams is the same as the origin of the Big dream we are currently experiencing and also the origin of thoughts themselves. 

It's God, that which cannot be seen, the subconscious that projects to the Atman, the consciousness that you are. And ultimately it's the same thing, because the subconscious is 1 and the Conscious is 0. And the Conscious goes around the subconscious and makes it shine.

Maybe due to this belief the subconscious has blocked your consciousness the projection of your dreams, which I can only describe as Gifts. Free lessons if you like. Free experiences, from the Self, messages everywhere to be decoded.

It's nice to not have dreams too, means you're dreaming nothingness 

5 minutes ago, Dodo said:

To me, dreams do not depend on thoughts

I’m speaking on behalf of the movement of thought/self.