electroBeam

Keeping on your diet

10 posts in this topic

How do you successfully keep eating healthy vegetables when there is so much temptation to eat fattening food around us? Some ego excuses include:

1. I will only have a little bit - a little bit wont do much to my body

2. I had a bad day today I deserve some sweets

3. I hate raw vegetables, let me have chocolate to cure my cravings just this one time.

How should one deal with the excuses above? How do you convince yourself to eat raw disgusting vegetables over a Belgium lindt chocolate?

4 hours ago, electroBeam said:

How do you successfully keep eating healthy vegetables when there is so much temptation to eat fattening food around us? Some ego excuses include:

It will do a LOT. Poison is poison no matter how much => do not trust yourself to cut angles ! Because before you know you're gonna cut a LOT of angles.

I know for instance I can add a bit of spicy sauce with 0.5 % sugar content even when I'm avoiding artificial sugar all together, BUT I do it consciously and I still will remplace it at some point. Eating some junk will start a feedback cycle with your gut which will want more junk etc.

2. I had a had day today I deserve some sweets

You don't deserve shit. Sorry. I mean you had a bad day so you're gonna damage yourself even more by adding bad stuff into your body ? And you're gonna start an addicting cycle of coping with your emotions with eating junk food ? That's not a way to go.

3. I hate raw vegetables, let me have chocolate to cure my cravings just this one time.

How should one deal with the excuses above? How do you convince yourself to eat raw disgusting vegetables over a Belgium lindt chocolate?

Vegetables are not disgusting. It's your gut flora talking. Cleanse your gut flora with a very strict diet and you will feel way better. You have no idea how much of a brain fog + dirty high you're hving by eating junk food.

You can still eat a lot of average healthy foods, such as honey, full bread, yoghurt if you need time to adapt. Average ++ foods such as barbecue or steak can be amazing too. Steamed vegetables can taste amazing too.

Also, you can cook AMAZING and very tasty recipes even with vegetables. And you're gonna feel way better because you will derive psychological pleasure for knowing you are eating healthy. A poor diet is not gonna fly for this work. It's just not.

+ Life is not about food ! Take pleasure elsewhere. This is the most key compotent. It's better to NOT enjoy your food and have psychological pleasure beacuse you know you're eating healthy than actually enjoying food. You should not enjoy your food ! I mean you shouldn't hate it but there is too much marketing and obsession with food tasting good above it being healthy. Focus on the food being healthy. Don't be a domesticated animal ;) 

Do a candida detox and you should feel way cleaner and better if you don't know where to start.

13 hours ago, Lynnel said:

Life is not about food ! Take pleasure elsewhere.

What sorts of rewards do you give yourself instead?

Interesting that you say bread is an average food. On the diet I'm on (ketogenic diet) bread is considered as bad as nuclear radiation.

@electroBeam the reason you backslide like that is because subconsciously you still don’t value eating healthy. Consciously you know you should but your subconscious pulls you back. Program your subconscious mind to see the value of eating healthy. 

Affirmations and mind movies are a great way to do this. 

@Slade Thanks dude! I've tried visualizations and they have been most effective so far +1

1 hour ago, electroBeam said:

@Slade Thanks dude! I've tried visualizations and they have been most effective so far +1

Good man keep at it. It takes time but as Napoleon Hill said...

“hold and image of yourself in your minds eye for long and steady enough and you will be drawn towards it”

@Slade

9 hours ago, Slade said:

@electroBeam the reason you backslide like that is because subconsciously you still don’t value eating healthy. Consciously you know you should but your subconscious pulls you back. Program your subconscious mind to see the value of eating healthy. 

Affirmations and mind movies are a great way to do this. 

this is a great answer dude! and so true

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

The starts is always a struggle but once you put some effort into it and ride those first few waves without fail, you will soon realize a new state of being, a more energetic, lighter, sharper, happier state as you are giving the body what is more natural for itself thus minimal work/effort for the body to work with what has been given thus better overall performance. Once you get to this point, then it will be smooth sailing from there on and this is how the subconscious becomes reprogrammed by direct experience.

B R E A T H E

On 6/24/2018 at 4:42 AM, electroBeam said:

2. I had a bad day today I deserve some sweets

What I? That’s how. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

On 25/06/2018 at 7:54 AM, electroBeam said:

What sorts of rewards do you give yourself instead?

I do not give myself rewards per se, but what I do like reading thinking working on my skills is rewarding by itself. It's taking pleasure in doing something rather than using something for pleasure. There is no reason you shouldn't feel good by default aside from lots of trauma and neurosis you have to process. 

You shouldn't seek to feel good by giving yourself stimulating rewards - it is not a long term high end solution. 

On 25/06/2018 at 7:54 AM, electroBeam said:

Interesting that you say bread is an average food. On the diet I'm on (ketogenic diet) bread is considered as bad as nuclear radiation.

By that I mean it's at least healthier than cornflakes pancakes and other junk food with processed sugar. Of course overall it is not healthy at all. But most of the vegan diet which is weird variations of sugary fruits with more weat and more sugar is way worse than plain brown bread for instance.