Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Joseph Maynor

I Want to Point Out a Bad Conceptual System in Spiral Dynamics

3 posts in this topic

It’s not true that you have to know about Spiral Dynamics to be at Stage Yellow.  Think about how unsustainable this statement is.  I want you to see this.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Joseph Maynor

My understanding is that statement is meant to point out that every stage below yellow thinks it's "right". They fail to see that every stage has merits and that we are all evolving through these stages individually and collectively.

So it's not like you couldn't give a copy of Spiral Dynamics to a stage blue person. It's just that it's either going to sit on their shelf or they'll read it a bit and then denounce it.

You can only receive certain paradigms when you're ready.

Either way, it's just a model. I wouldn't get too hung up on it.

Spiral dynamics is a language. You can learn English, French, or Polish regardless of stage of your development.
The way Blue speaks is different from the way Orange speaks. As they speak, however, they express something not contained within the language itself. They express themselves using that language and in doing so, change. Factual correctness with regard to theory is irrelevant. I can make grammatical mistakes and still be understood. If that wasn't the case, then we couldn't learn any language and remain stuck below Beige.

Poetry is not constrained by grammar, and yet - it conveys meaning.
Validity of a poem is not decided in relation to factual correctness, but is constituted in beauty.
Beauty in SDi lies in possibility of two people to agree while speaking their heart (心).

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2