stevegan928

What Are Examples Of Stage Yellow People?

91 posts in this topic

@Joseph Maynor Joseph he had some integral capacity but he was also uneven in his development.  I think he never really inhabited yellow fully. It's a question many people ask about Steve: was he integral? Nobody really knows. I would say no, not really. 

source: cook-greuter.com 

46 minutes ago, White said:

@sarapr

Hi Sara. Yes you are correct. If you like you can read here a clinical discription of what it means to be yellow from the interior. This data has been compiled since the mid 80s by researchers such as Rob Keegan and Susane Cook-greuter and Jane lovenger using sentence completion tests. Your intuition is correct, after green exploitation is no longer an issue. 

I don't get what your saying, are you saying yellow exploits or doesn't exploit?

2 minutes ago, White said:

@Joseph Maynor Joseph he had some integral capacity but he was also uneven in his development.  I think he never really inhabited yellow fully. It's a question many people ask about Steve: was he integral? Nobody really knows. I would say no, not really. 

Steve Jobs is at Stage Yellow.  I’m so solid on this.  It’s a no-brainer for me.

@sarapr read the data. Yellow gets enraged at social injustices. It's mission is to solve the problems that 1st tier couldn't. Not through morality but through understanding how human beings work

2 minutes ago, sarapr said:

I don't get what your saying, are you saying yellow exploits or doesn't exploit?

Watch this video

1 minute ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Steve Jobs is at Stage Yellow.  I’m so solid on this.  It’s a no-brainer for me.

You're saying he was yellow cause he was passed green therefore he had no problem with being immoral? 

But it could also be that he was below green? 

@Joseph Maynor ok.. That's ok

You also think Joe rogan is yellow. So the jury is out. :P

@White

The problem is you’re at Green trying to judge Yellow with no actual experience being Yellow.  You have no real experience.  Yellow is just a theory to you.  And you’re looking at Yellow speculatively through your Green lens.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Joseph Maynor

2 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

The first ‘real person’ as you put it is Orange.

Not quite. I stand by my original statement..Everything up to and including orange is constructed from society. Green and onward is a self/other construct. That's why green and above are called "post-conventional" stages. 

Edited by White

8 hours ago, White said:

But it's not true green - green thinks that all perspectives are equal because all perspectives are relative, therefore no position need be defended, therefore all hierarchies are false. The performative contradiction of green is that it DOES NOT SEE that it's own worldview is a perspective and that it places itself at the top of a hierarchy. Green is the biggest hypocrite in town 

That sounds a lot to me like yellow if you ask me. What's the difference between green and yellow then? Sounds to me like yellow is just green with more self awareness. 

"The first half of the trajectory – from Symbiotic embeddedness to Achiever independence -- fosters the increasing separation from the newborn’s union with the mother towards the discrete, self-sustaining adult identity with clear boundaries, an self that is capable of making reasoned decisions, postpone gratification and pursue meaningful goals and purposes. It is this self-governing Achiever that is often 
viewed in the modern world as the fully developed “adult.”

The second half of the trajectory – from Pluralist to Unitive -- represents a step-wise deconstruction of the sharp and artificially created boundaries towards an ever deeper identification with all that exists. 
The second half can also be likened to an ongoing individuation towards a more holistic, full-bodied, and integrated self that is fully aware of its interdependence with other systems and one that 
can take a perspective on its fundamental non-separateness. This movement can be usefully described in having two layers.

A) The general systems stages which comprise the first differentiation and integration – from the Individualist-Pluralist to the Strategist stage.

B) The second differentiation and integration – from the Construct-aware to the Unitive stage. The latter two replace Loevinger’s Integrated stage (I6 or E9). It is likely that Loevinger could not conceive of a self-identity with fluid boundaries because it was not part of her psychometric frame of reference. She may also not have discovered this kind of open, non-delineated self-view because it did not occur in her samples. To her, the concept of later stages and ego-transcendence belonged to the “stratosphere” (personal 
communication 1998)."

Edited by White

9 minutes ago, stevegan928 said:

That sounds a lot to me like yellow if you ask me. What's the difference between green and yellow then? Sounds to me like yellow is just green with more self awareness. 

No Steve. It's green. Keep reading for a full explanation of what yellow is and how to transition. 

8 hours ago, White said:

green thinks that all perspectives are equal because all perspectives are relative, therefore no position need be defended,

green would be considering the perspective of the cow as equal to any other

8 hours ago, White said:

So at it's core veganism is orange but the movement itself is blue. This happens when all movements take off into the mainstream. One of the problems green has created is that we now have a lot of blue centre of gravity trying on pluralistic and scientific ideas. Green says to blue: "you can't be blue, try to think green and you will be ok". Green really is the great evil of our time. 

i have been lead to believe that every stage under yellow is ideological so that would include green and the care bear vegans. you're saying though that green is in fact the first stage to not be ideological but only on a surface level, since it thinks it's "lack of ideology" makes it superior making green as a whole very hypocritical. I thought green was about caring for the world at large. What are some examples of green then if i'm wrong?   

36 minutes ago, stevegan928 said:

What are some examples of green then if i'm wrong?   

@stevegan928  steve, here is a proper explanation of the green level. 

And here is yellow 

55 minutes ago, ValiantSalvatore said:

Seems promising:

Yeah.  I’m still thinking about Ken Wilbur myself.  The jury’s still out for me on him.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor