stevegan928

What Are Examples Of Stage Yellow People?

91 posts in this topic

honestly, i misread your post the first time and wrote too fast, my edit was a bit weird, but yeah i agree, its a meme/thought process so:)

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@Rilles rilles I'm glad you brought this up. Because true green doesn't preach an ideology. It doesn't believe in ideological positions. It sees that all perspectives are relative therefore true. So green kind of sits and atrophies because it can't decide what's more important because it doesn't believe in hierarchies in any form. But the sad thing is it doesn't see that it's own perspective is a perspective and that it is imagining itself on top of a hierarchy of values. To get society moving toward that green has covertly preached their ideology . So you might not think you are preaching but to inhabit green you have to preach an ideology because you're making the green statement even if you're not consciously actively trying to change others. 

source: cook-greuter.com 

Also, observe the vegan movement. All they do is try to convert people to their ideas. That is their main purpose in life, to spread veganism. It's clearly acting from a blue place, leaders are orange and they use pluralistic ideas without really knowing what pluralism actually is. 

@White Yep, thats a work in progress, to see through your own perspective. I dont see it as a problem right now, but the Stages only go to the next level when they see that the one theyre on is untenable, that takes some work. Reality has a way of pushing you into a corner though.:P

19 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

@White

Green doesn’t like to see itself as ideological and moralistic, but it is.

Why can't one skip green and transition directly into yellow? 

I'm at green atm, at it sucks, I just don't know why I'm stucked here when I know the hypocricy of it, the ideological and moralistic nonsense.

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

@MarkusSweden Buy the book! All the questions you need answered are there.

45 minutes ago, MarkusSweden said:

Why can't one skip green and transition directly into yellow? 

I'm at green atm, at it sucks, I just don't know why I'm stucked here when I know the hypocricy of it, the ideological and moralistic nonsense.

@MarkusSweden

Markus here is a discussion here about how each level was created in the we space in the past and is already accessible to you. But you don't get a free pass, you have to go through green to get to yellow because each stage is built upon the previous stage. An analogy is you can't produce smoke without a fire. You can't have organs without cells. Yellow is made of the stuff of first tier.

@MarkusSweden the real beauty of green is that it's the first stage really where there really is an individual person there and not just a social facade that's infused with its culture. Green is a beautiful stage on the developmental ladder. It's not all bad. You can't really individuate unless you inhabit green properly. It's the downside of that deeply personal aspect of a person who understands them selves so well they also cannot bear to see another person marginalized that creates the problem of postmodern deconstructionism. Greens very strength is in the end it's weakness. 

9 minutes ago, White said:

@MarkusSweden

Markus here is a discussion here about how each level was created in the we space in the past and is already accessible to you. But you don't get a free pass, you have to go through green to get to yellow because each stage is built upon the previous stage. An analogy is you can't produce smoke without a fire. You can't have organs without cells. Yellow is made of the stuff of first tier.

Thank you, great metaphor with cells and organs! 

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

13 minutes ago, White said:

@MarkusSweden the real beauty of green is that it's the first stage really where there really is an individual person there and not just a social facade that's infused with its culture. Green is a beautiful stage on the developmental ladder. It's not all bad. You can't really individuate unless you inhabit green properly. It's the downside of that deeply personal aspect of a person who understands them selves so well they also cannot bear to see another person marginalized that creates the problem of postmodern deconstructionism. Greens very strength is in the end it's weakness. 

Isn't the transition from green to yellow the tougest one to do? 

Because lets say hypotetically that society has evolved into an organism that suits humans in most optimizated way. 

Then you Could just keep evolving within green. 

The push to evolve from Green to Yellow happen to some degree because you identify the flaws of society. It seem so from my perspective(green) 

The transition from green to yellow will be tough for me. It would probably feel like mind wants to participate and hijack the pure innocent heart into a system thinking agenda.. ?

Edited by MarkusSweden

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

@MarkusSweden it's going to be easy because yellow is just pluralism on turbo charge. You still keep all your green but you just don't believe that all perspective are equal anymore. This doesn't mean you regress to marginalizing, you still value opinions and perspectives, but green needs to grow up in a way and realize that red can't be reasoned with: red needs a tough leader who can harness some bad consequences if reds behaviour gets out of line. Red can be utilised for its contribution to society if it's managed correctly. Yellow doesn't expect blue to try to show initiative like it assumes now. Blue wants to fit in, be accepted, say all the right things and seek a higher authority. Green hates capitalism because a central tenet of capitalism is that people should be able to pursue the career they want and reap the benefits.  Greens communist tendencies would rather level the playing field and make orange pay for and sustain the less privelaged.  Therefore undermining orange and it's ability to make exceptional strides in developing technology, science and industry. Yellow accepts the need for experts and progress and capitalism. Yellow understands that capitalism is going to have to reform to yellow standards if it is going to be able to deliver as orange also has a shadow side - the reason the West is rich is because we need the 3rd world to exploit. Green didn't have a credible answer for that problem. Yellow does. The evolution of green IS yellow . Green interprets yellow according to its own filter however and doesn't understand how yellow is able to fix all these systems to make it work in harmony because green is too attached to itself. Study spiral dynamic and do inquiry and you will come out of green. It will be messy as all stage movements are, but embrace the suffering. 

Edited by White

3 hours ago, Rilles said:

@White Yep, thats a work in progress, to see through your own perspective. I dont see it as a problem right now, but the Stages only go to the next level when they see that the one theyre on is untenable, that takes some work. Reality has a way of pushing you into a corner though.:P

Yes i agree. Your stage is not a problem. But it can become a problem. As long as you see that when the time comes and you are ready to transition then you are going to be ok. Get stuck at green is where it becomes pathological and the "mean green meme" as Ken Wilber puts it, takes over. :P Getting stuck at any stage is a problem. As you can probably see already that blue adults think like children. That's a problem that yellow can fix, yellow recognises the importance of all stages but does encourage growth by meeting people where they are at. That's the difference between green and yellow. 

Edited by White

2 hours ago, White said:

The first ‘real person’ as you put it is Orange.

12 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Steve Jobs is at Yellow

Steve jobs didn't even have proper respect for human life and he never showed any compassion for all the misery he brought to the workers in China 

He was a businessman, no one can remain a businessman after he's reached to stages like green or yellow. It can't happen 

6 minutes ago, sarapr said:

Steve jobs didn't even have proper respect for human life and he never showed any compassion for all the misery he brought to the workers in China 

He was a businessman, no one can remain a businessman after he's reached to stages like green or yellow. It can't happen 

You’re looking at things through a Green lens.  Green is gonna find some things about Yellow unpalatable.  Green is also very ideologically moral.  Yellow is not ideologically moral.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

19 minutes ago, sarapr said:

14 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

You’re looking at things through a Green lens.  Green is gonna find some things about Yellow unpalatable.  Green is also very ideologically moral.  Yellow is not ideologically moral.

@sarapr

Hi Sara. Yes you are correct. If you like you can read here a clinical discription of what it means to be yellow from the interior. This data has been compiled since the mid 80s by researchers such as Rob Keegan and Susane Cook-greuter and Jane lovenger using sentence completion tests. Your intuition is correct, after green exploitation is no longer an issue. 

Edited by White

3 minutes ago, White said:

@sarapr

Hi Sara. Yes you are correct. If you like you can read here a clinical discription of what it means to be yellow from the interior. This data has been compiled since the mid 80s by researchers such as Rob Keegan and Susane Cook-greuter and Jane lovenger using sentence completion tests. Your intuition is correct, after green exploitation is no longer an issue. 

BS

Those of you that are hung up in the Paradign of Morality, I want you to watch this video by Emerald:

Edited by Joseph Maynor