onacloudynight

No Mind, No Memory

7 posts in this topic

I have noticed recently that my short-term memory has become really bad as I am constantly focusing my mind on the present moment. I get so absorbed with what I am doing that I forget simple things like turning the stove off or I just completely forget what I was doing because my mind has been constantly trained to be in the now.

Just wanted to point that out, as that is one disadvantage I have noticed while trying to reach a state of no-mind.

Edited by onacloudynight

26 minutes ago, onacloudynight said:

I have noticed recently that my short-term memory has become really bad as I am constantly focusing my mind on the present moment. I get so absorbed with what I am doing that I forget simple things like turning the stove off or I just completely forget what I was doing because my mind has been constantly trained to be in the now.

The mind cannot be focusing(concentrating) on the present moment. 

“Present moment” is the absense of focus, and mechanical movement of “training”...

All that is the product of thought/the thinker. And when thought/the thinker is in movement the burden of time prevents the timelessness of the now. 

Edited by Faceless

I like this thread you opened up by the way. 

The relationship of Memory and Mind are important to understand. 

I understand what you are referring to quite well. 

Only happens until your body heals and come into optimum balance. 

@onacloudynight

on the conceptual level, memories are only attributes of who you are in the mind/body shell. who you are is the sum of your experiences as a living being. the way we respond or act to the occurrences around us, and the outcome to that, the information we accumulate during our lifetime, all of that determines our memories which defines who you are in the mind/body shell. when you eradicate parts of who you are, all the memories associated with those are lost too. this is why, when we grow up and change our perspective to life, "brain patterns" are changing, and so are our memories.

when you live in the NOW and you are not "looking" at the past, the current experience fade away immediately after occurring and no memories are created. when there are no memories of the past, no comparison is made, no judgement is feasible and no opinion is formed. the way out of your mind/body shell is short now, and from there, you can see  crystal clear how it all works.

i bet you are now not an ambitious guy, on the contrary, you live a humble life, and your only assets are empathy and love which you have in abundance.

Edited by Patang

15 hours ago, onacloudynight said:

I have noticed recently that my short-term memory has become really bad as I am constantly focusing my mind on the present moment.

This is actually a very important point to understand about enlightenment. When you get enlightened, your short-term memory will most likely die down a lot. At least that's how it is for me. This happens because as the ego integrates and leaves, the memory produced and kept by the ego does so as well. And because the ego fears everything, it hyper-memorises things that the muscle-memory in your body can manage without thoughts. So when the ego dies, you are mostly left with muscle-memory for short-term navigation of your life. Now, muscle-memory is completely intuitive, not so predictable and very strange at first. It's a lot more feeling- then head-based. To this day, I haven't quite found out how to navigate it correctly or how to improve it. In total, my life got more disorganized through that but more organic as well. It's a strange one. I think doe, that when you master it, you can have the best short-term memory a human can have because you get full access to the unconscious. But you have to unlock it first.

They want reality, so I give 'em a fatal dosage.