Ether

How much inner peace you experience...

46 posts in this topic

@Ether when you stumble upon that realisation it's not just a concept you are telling yourself, is it? You're not asking what am I and then answering "I'm nothingness" are you? 

source: cook-greuter.com 

Just now, White said:

@Ether when you stumble upon that realisation it's not just a concept you are telling yourself, is it? You're not asking what am I and then answering "I'm nothingness" are you? 

Nah, I actually had an experience with it.

@Ether ok. so that's it. You have experiences and then you become identified with your thoughts again. That's it, you have to constantly chip away at the constant re-identification. You can't just have an experience and stop there because the identification is stronger than you are at this point. So your goal should not be a non dual experience, your goal should be the process of self inquiry.  

6 minutes ago, White said:

@Ether ok. so that's it. You have experiences and then you become identified with your thoughts again. That's it, you have to constantly chip away at the constant re-identification. You can't just have an experience and stop there because the identification is stronger than you are at this point. So your goal should not be a non dual experience, your goal should be the process of self inquiry.  

What do you mean Im identified?

@Ether If there is any time you're not in a non dual experience then pure awareness has identified with ether again. If you ask yourself right now who you are you will say you are ether - correct? 

Just now, White said:

@Ether If there is any time you're not in a non dual experience then pure awareness has identified with ether again. If you ask yourself right now who you are you will say you are ether - correct? 

I mean. I could be present speriodically. I have a mild presence. More than the average person and (possibly) most seekers. When I finish a meditation my thought activity goes from 30% to like 10 or 15%.

But yes, that is true.

@Ether I use self inquiry all day when i don't have to attend to externals. I don't sit in a pose or formally meditate. I just do the practice when I can because the identification is always there all the time. I also value thinking and categorizing, in my experience its essential to understand development because it makes It a lot easier to see where you are stuck. It doesn't cause me problems, in fact it's made me more accepting of myself and others which is a good thing. I suffer sometimes but that's part of life, but the way I experience myself is just because there is suffering doesn't mean one can't be at peace with it. I know you don't like concepts, but getting away from concepts is not always healthy. How many perspectives you can hold all at once in your mind determins how easy it will be to eventually learn to let go of them 

@White Nah, Im ok with concepts, its just that I used to overthink so fucking much, obsess with enlightenment im just taking a break from it and instead create a stronger presence everyday. I might come back to self-enquiry one day.

I actually discovered for myself what attachment is and I divided it in 3 categories.

For some reason, I can KNOW the truth but still worry about something that truth said it was a lie. So, I just create a presence, it works better for me.

8 hours ago, SaltyMeatballs said:

@cirkussmile What job did you quit and what is the bigger picture you are talking about? 

I worked in an office with import and export overseas. It was a good job and I had great contact with many big companies. I knew every chain in the company but after 6-7 years a shift happend. 

One day I woke up in my bed and the only thing I was thinking was ”I dont want to work. No way! I see no point in doing stupid things with my life” I guess meditation, questioning and the right timing made all this happen. I have one life and I want to do what I want do without compromising. 

You get the feeling :) 

6 hours ago, MarkusSweden said:

Did you have to end any relationships that didn't approve of your New lifestyle? 

Parents, relatives, friends, all of them approved. 

Many. 

Not everyone was happy. A lot of people probobly thought I was crazy. I left friends and girlfriend and family members that didnt serve me. I left co-workers and I cut my self off from most things. This process started aprox 1 year before I quit.

In fact, I was so sure that I didnt care if everyone hated me and I had to live on the streets. I could not care less because my bliss and inner peace is worth more than anything in world. 

And the culture in your country sucks man. Its so fake! No one likes other people. It looks so damn good on the outside but when you do some investigation you clearly see the house of cards. 

Edited by cirkussmile

11 minutes ago, Ether said:

A@cirkussmile How did you attain that inner peace? 

Can you help me answer this question? 

The inner peace is already there. I started having big thoughts, big dreams and big aspirations. I wanted to be happy but not just happy. I deserved to be happy. I deserved to be and have everything I wanted. Life is too short for suffering. I started to have many thoughts like that. I even got really angry  sometimes about the sickness that lies in everyone. Wtf are we doing to ourselves? You see the point. 

Then I decided what was the most important thing in my life. I decided that I just wanted to be in the sun and sit quietly. This kept on going in the back of my mind at the same time i practiced meditation and alwayd asked quesions about life. I knew from masters that nothing is for ever and nothing in the world can be the real truth (including feelings and thoughts). When they are there they are the truth but they also change. World id change. Like this I kept on learning more and I kept on practicing meditation and mindfulness. I went to a 10 day retreat and so on. The snowball effect you know. Start with little and never give up. Never ever give up and never get too comfortable with what you have. 

For me I had to sacrifice my comfort. 

But I cant tell you what you should do to attain peace that you already have. Feel the peace and know that it is the truth! Be aware of this truth all the time. Eventually it will be clear that this inner peace is the absolute if we only stay with it. Have faith. Dont stress. I was prepared to wait Thousand or million years to find it. To find what I already had. 

I guess it was all a combination faith anf exhaustion. 

Cosmic love. You already have it. 

3 minutes ago, cirkussmile said:

I was prepared to wait Thousand or million years to find it. To find what I already had. 

I guess it was all a combination faith anf exhaustion. 

You sound like me

1 minute ago, Ether said:

You sound like me

Sup Ether? Doing ok today? 

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

29 minutes ago, Ether said:

You sound like me

Then we are enjoying the same peace and the same harmony. 

??

1 minute ago, cirkussmile said:

Then we are enjoying the same peace and the same harmony. 

??

Not yet. Mindset wise.

31 minutes ago, Ether said:

Not yet. Mindset wise.

Book a 10 day vipassana retreat now! S/N goenka. 

Its a TRUE challange but you will see why it was needee. 

6 minutes ago, cirkussmile said:

Book a 10 day vipassana retreat now! S/N goenka. 

Its a TRUE challange but you will see why it was needee. 

I already meditate daily.

13 hours ago, cirkussmile said:

I feel peace and happiness every single day for the last 2 years. I thought about it the other day and I was shocked when I realized it is true. This doesn’t mean I never feel bad but I can still find peace in feeling bad, even if it’s rare. I have worries and thoughts about future but it never puts me down. Im enjoying every aspect of my life and I feel blessed.

I haven’t been working for 18 months. I quit when I saw the bigger picture. 

For me, I cannot be at peace If I have worries about my future, they are root in the subconscius, and even if you are happy in the present they dont allow to experiment full bliss because they are like a background energy drainer.

1 hour ago, Ether said:

I already meditate daily.

Did you go to a retreat? 

Just now, cirkussmile said:

Did you go to a retreat? 

Nah. I went twice for 1 hour.