Why?

Music when tripping on LSD

21 posts in this topic

Hey peps,

I know this is against Leo's guidelines for taking psychedelics while listening to music, but if you have tripped on LSD with a selected playlist, I would love to know!

I only did shrooms, but listening to Tycho albums is godlike. Feels like they were specifically designed to awaken you. Its hard to describe.

Other than that, anything Pink Floyd really. If you’re into that. There’s so much to choose from. Dark Side of the Moon in particular is a good one for tripping. Really takes you for a ride.

20 minutes ago, Why? said:

I know this is against Leo's guidelines for taking psychedelics while listening to music

No, it is not wrong to listen to music during the trip and enjoy that.

Just be honest and don't mistake that with tripping for existential reasons. That's tripping for fun.

My favourites:

Tycho

Infected Mushroom

Opiuo

Łąki Łan

Sesto Sento

Yoko Kanno

1 minute ago, Girzo said:

Just be honest and don't mistake that with tripping for existential reasons. That's tripping for fun.

It doesn’t have to be.

Contemplate the substance of sound, of harmony, of melody. Of laws, order. The structure within a song. What is that? Its the same kind of intelligent design you see all around you, condensed into a 4 minute piece.

What is Rhythm? And why does it speak to particular parts of the body. Why does the body feel the need to move/dance.

What is dancing, really? What is dancing in a non-dual way? Without a trace of ego. Try it out.

Why do certain sounds lift you up, and then others calm you down. What the fuck is sound anyway? What’s the difference between sound and sight? Is there a difference at all? Or is it all one?

There’s so much music can teach you. Each song is like this mini-universe with its own laws. Quite phenomenal. Im a musician though, so it might be more interesting to me since I end up using the things I learn in my own work.

But really, the right kind of music can guide you straight to the deepest corners of your being. Dont underestimate it. Its the essence of art in general. And tripping takes that essence straight to the foreground for you to explore. To really understand what creation/art is all about, and where that intelligence is coming from, so you can start to utilise it yourself.

That’s what most of my trips look like in a nutshell. And I highly recommend it.

Wanna score consciosuness gains and listen to sounds at the same time? 

Listen to tibethan bowls. Ideally get one for yourself. As the kids say: feces is currency

I was hearing psychedelic trance with some heavy insights.You have to know it may become scary, its hardcore situtation tripping balls alone in the darkness with psychedelic trance xaxa.Check zyce, e-clip there are a lot of artists...I was able to explore infinity in so much depth.If you want something more light check the artist entheogenic.Be careful!!!

Edited by Crystalous

If you have access to high resolution files and equipment check the mythodea from Vangelis!!!!

I don't think they're is anything wrong with it. I also play music while on psychedelics. I don't have a particular playlist, I prefer to listen to albums as a whole. I like to listen to a lot of 60s classic rock during my trips since the time period was heavily influenced by psychedelics like: the Beatles, beach boys, the doors, Pink Floyd. Tame Impala is cool too.

Albums I've listened to while on LSD:

Dark side of the moon

Animals

Sgt. Pepper Lonely Hearts Club Band

Rubber Soul

Revolver

The White Album

P.S. I do not listen to every song, Ill usually listen to half of the album before I'm ready to do something else or I skip to particular songs I like. 

7 hours ago, DoubleYou said:

It doesn’t have to be.

Contemplate the substance of sound, of harmony, of melody. Of laws, order. The structure within a song. What is that? Its the same kind of intelligent design you see all around you, condensed into a 4 minute piece.

What is Rhythm? And why does it speak to particular parts of the body. Why does the body feel the need to move/dance.

What is dancing, really? What is dancing in a non-dual way? Without a trace of ego. Try it out.

Why do certain sounds lift you up, and then others calm you down. What the fuck is sound anyway? What’s the difference between sound and sight? Is there a difference at all? Or is it all one?

There’s so much music can teach you. Each song is like this mini-universe with its own laws. Quite phenomenal. Im a musician though, so it might be more interesting to me since I end up using the things I learn in my own work.

But really, the right kind of music can guide you straight to the deepest corners of your being. Dont underestimate it. Its the essence of art in general. And tripping takes that essence straight to the foreground for you to explore. To really understand what creation/art is all about, and where that intelligence is coming from, so you can start to utilise it yourself.

That’s what most of my trips look like in a nutshell. And I highly recommend it.

I appriciate this. Even when not tripping music is interesting. Another question: ”Why is it more enjoyable to listen to music than to traffic sounds? Many good insights can come. 

Im not a muscian but if I were I would have written songs to mind fuck people ?

@DoubleYou  That was beautiful. That's the frame of mind I often get into when wired on mushrooms. Exploring my senses as though I'm 2 years old again. It's wildly fulfilling and strange at times. Not at all a waste of time or a waste of a trip. 

Psytrance, Psybient, Ambient, Classical, Meditation sounds or Music of Nature ect.. specifically music without words as they contain knowledge and information within that you understand in altered or higher states(if you will).

Psytrance specifically talks to me via sacred geometry symbols and vibrational patterns/fractals ect.. downloading information within me, normally i do not notice this but during higher vibrational states you can actually be aware of the process itself and how infinite intelligence works and communicates with its-self and how by even listening to these types of music, you are actually assisting activation of self as sound = vibration.

Emancipator and other similar chill-type music are also excellent under these states but sooner or later as you become more and more you, the difference becomes less noticeable and you will no longer require the substances to experience music the same the way.

B R E A T H E

I've got a spotify playlist for that.

Enjoy!

Obs: No one should tell you how to behave on your trip. It's very personal, and works differently for everyone. Not Leo, not Terence McKenna. 

If you feel like listening to music, go for it!

@SgtPepper

On 6/21/2018 at 0:13 PM, SgtPepper said:

I don't think they're is anything wrong with it. I also play music while on psychedelics. I don't have a particular playlist, I prefer to listen to albums as a whole. I like to listen to a lot of 60s classic rock during my trips since the time period was heavily influenced by psychedelics like: the Beatles, beach boys, the doors, Pink Floyd. Tame Impala is cool too.

Albums I've listened to while on LSD:

Dark side of the moon

Animals

Sgt. Pepper Lonely Hearts Club Band

Rubber Soul

Revolver

The White Album

P.S. I do not listen to every song, Ill usually listen to half of the album before I'm ready to do something else or I skip to particular songs I like. 

I think you might enjoy Pink Floyd.

I'd give them a go on your next trip. :P 

I like a lot of the things that were already mentioned in this thread. In my experience, a lot of very different kinds of music (or sound) work really well in conjunction with LSD. Probably depends a lot on your personal taste.

I could list endless amounts of music, but I'll stick to those that I keep coming back to regularly while tripping.

One is Dvorak's 9th symphony ("From the New World"). There is so much emotion in this piece. Some parts are so beautiful they reliably reduce me to tears every single time.

Another is Echoes (the song) by Pink Floyd.

Yet another is Islands (the song) by King Crimson. It's such a beautiful, mellow piece that evokes something in me very deeply. I can't put it in words. I guess it somehow reminds me of my own mortality and the fleeting nature of our lives.

The band Grails. Their album Deep Politics is my favourite. It's rock music, but instrumental, very psychedelic and cinematic. I hear a lot of Ennio Morricone in there. The whole album just takes you for a ride, it makes you imagine the most vivid sceneries when you close your eyes. It's almost like the soundtrack for a movie that was never made, but which you get to imagine in your own head.

The album Spirit of Eden by Talk Talk is another one of my favourites. It is often called the first album of the "post-rock" genre. It's rock music, but it's largely instrumental and ambient music, kind of like sound paintings.

Bersarin Quartett. The only electronic music on this list, but again, ambient electronic music, very cinematic, sound painting like.

I could go on...

But my favourite thing to do is probably not just to listen to music but to play an instrument or sing myself. Improvising on the guitar is amazing. But I probably like overtone singing and playing the Shruti box at the same time even more. It really helps me get into a deep meditation where I'm 100% focused on the sounds I'm making and I'm just 100% present and feel into the vibration. I guess you could even call it a kind of music therapy. Highly recommend overtone singing, anyone can learn how to do it - just look on YouTube for tutorials :) Fiddling around on a synthesizer is great fun as well. Holding down a note and slowly pushing a fader or a knob and listening to the tiny variations in the sound - it's a meditative experience.

This one will send you on a wild ride :) 

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus